Shoes defy space and time

Tharasix
Regular Poster

Shoes defy space and time

Post by Tharasix »

So, how exactly do those shoes avoid getting moved by the door when Nate slamns it open?
Chad Martin
Roleplayer Extraordinaire
Better half of Artenir Silvertongue

Pon_Telon
Regular Poster

Post by Pon_Telon »

magic. Of course.
"Where is the nearest Zen Temple? My dire tiger needs to use the litter box."
-Roi the Epic Druid
"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."
Mark Twain.
"Jesus saves. The rest of us take full spell damage."
RadicalTaoist WoT forum.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

so does your mother

Post by Pzambert »

tharasix wrote:So, how exactly do those shoes avoid getting moved by the door when Nate slamns it open?
bend over and i'll show you!
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

"you're the cookie monster of books." -chad

Entrophy
Regular Poster

Re: Shoes defy space and time

Post by Entrophy »

tharasix wrote:So, how exactly do those shoes avoid getting moved by the door when Nate slamns it open?
1) You were not supposed to notice that little oddity caused by having to flip, rotate, and even skew the background to keep everything in frame.

2) I wouldn't put anything past Nate's shoes. First of all, that would require crossing them. I mean, you've met them!

3) Nate opened the door so quickly, it never actually occupied the space containing the shoes, and thus there was no contact. It's a quantum thing.

A better question is how the window doesn't shatter when the door's handle is slammed right into it. A better answer is "Shut up, you!"

Sidhekin
Regular Poster

Post by Sidhekin »

Meh. Reality lawyering.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!

Ashallue

why that game?

Post by Ashallue »

So Mark, why did you choose to have Princes of the Renaissance be the boardgame we're playing? Was my "this isn't a game of high strategy..." comment that funny?

Andrew
the mathemagician

Entrophy
Regular Poster

It was on top of the pile.

Post by Entrophy »

ashallue wrote:So Mark, why did you choose to have Princes of the Renaissance be the boardgame we're playing?
Because I didn't feel like drawing lots of little units for anything else. Also, it's what you were showing off when you said:
ashallue wrote:Was my "this isn't a game of high strategy..." comment that funny?
I thought so, but that doesn't always mean much.

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

The plural of condottiere is condottieri.

Post by Sparafucile »

Hey Andrew, what are the starting city values for Princes of the Renaissance? I started to explain the game to Jeremy awhile ago and realized that I couldn't remember what they were and that isn't in the instruction manual.

And bad pzambert. I don't need to hear both your and Chad's voice in my head.
Nathan

"Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal."
-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert

Nothingspecial
Regular Poster

Post by Nothingspecial »

I'm more amazed that he was outside, spray painting without shoes on in the first place.

Perhaps, he lives in a matrix like pseudo-world and the movement of the shoes around the door is one of the "Deja-vu" movements where the matrix is correcting itself.

"There are no shoes."
I am Matt Oliver and I have approved this message.

Rock is dead. Long live paper and scissors!

When I'm not here, I'm doing <a target='blank' href="http://nothingspecial.keenspace.com">Nothing Special</a>.

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

Outside = Bad

Post by Sparafucile »

nothingspecial wrote:I'm more amazed that he was outside, spray painting without shoes on in the first place.
Normally I don't go outside if I have a choice not to. However, I doubted Chad and pzam would appreciate me spraypainting in their home. So I had to work outside on their patio like area. Since it was made of concrete and pretty clean I didn't feel a need for shoes. At least not at the beginning...
Nathan

-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert

Sanood
Regular Poster

Re: it's obvious

Post by Sanood »

entrophy wrote:A better question is how the window doesn't shatter when the door's handle is slammed right into it.
The window...was open.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

super mario evil sun

Post by Pzambert »

Sparafucile wrote:However, I doubted Chad and pzam would appreciate me spraypainting in their home.
yeah, since you got dye ALL OVER OUR BATHROOM last yr...
::smirk::
nate wrote:And bad pzambert. I don't need to hear both your and Chad's voice in my head.
what?
::hehehehehe::
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

Down with the sun!

Post by Sparafucile »

pzambert wrote:yeah, since you got dye ALL OVER OUR BATHROOM last yr...
I forgot about that. There really isn't any green spots in my bathroom at the moment. I'm still curious how I managed to do that last year.
Nathan

-Mr. Spock

-Pzambert

Pzambert
Regular Poster

i have other agendas right now...

Post by Pzambert »

Sparafucile wrote:I forgot about that. There really isn't any green spots in my bathroom at the moment. I'm still curious how I managed to do that last year.
esp on *that* particular wall. i'm betting it was coming out of the shower. at least you didn't really get it on *our* stuff. then i would have had to kill you; just out and out kill you.
pzam

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

Stepping over the line...

Post by Sparafucile »

pzambert wrote:at least you didn't really get it on *our* stuff.
Yeah, those purplish spots would have looked so out of place on the pink towels.
Nathan

-Mr. Spock

-Pzambert

Pzambert
Regular Poster

*erases line* *redraws 2 ft back*

Post by Pzambert »

Sparafucile wrote:Yeah, those purplish spots would have looked so out of place on the pink towels.
so when do we get to visit *your* place?

::steeples fingers::
pzam

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

2' back? So am I not across the line or farther across?

Post by Sparafucile »

pzambert wrote:so when do we get to visit *your* place?
I choose to ignore the threatening connotation here. I was tempted to ask for your horrible couch when you guys move, heh heh heh. Then I realized you might try to give it to me.
Nathan

-Mr. Spock

-Pzambert

Pzambert
Regular Poster

i'll let you ponder that...

Post by Pzambert »

Sparafucile wrote:I was tempted to ask for your horrible couch when you guys move, heh heh heh. Then I realized you might try to give it to me.
oh, you want the couch? you can have it. for free! chad said he'll even help move it into the truck down here and drop it off at your apt.
pzam

Nothingspecial
Regular Poster

Post by Nothingspecial »

why am I possessed by a sudden fear of this couch?? :(

on a side note, whenever I open up this thread and see the "I'm butt" picture/avatar at the top, I always have the "Lump" song by Presidents of the United States of America pop into my head, only the words have been subtly altered:

"I'm butt,
I'm butt,
I'm butt,
it's on my shirt...

I'm butt
I'm butt
I'm butt
and it's un-girt*

I'm butt
I'm butt
I'm butt
I'm feeling pert.

*un-girt meaning unclothed
I am Matt Oliver and I have approved this message.

Rock is dead. Long live paper and scissors!

When I'm not here, I'm doing <a target='blank' href="http://nothingspecial.keenspace.com">Nothing Special</a>.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

new cd

Post by Pzambert »

nothingspecial wrote:why am I possessed by a sudden fear of this couch??
cuz you know what's good for you...
NOTHING wrote:on a side note, whenever I open up this thread and see the "I'm butt" picture/avatar at the top, I always have the "Lump" song by Presidents of the United States of America pop into my head, only the words have been subtly altered
::hehehehe:: i guess that can be the alternate "chad is butt" song. i made up another song that mocks chad the other day, so i think there'll be a cd coming out soon...
pzam