I'm a sad little man.

Nathan_Hoffmann

I'm a sad little man.

Post by Nathan_Hoffmann »

I continue to check the comic every monday, wednesday, and friday even though I know that it won't be updated due to GenCon.

Somebody get me a life. :(

Oh, and as a side note, I introduced OUaT to the message board where I generally post, and it was received very well. At least 4 people specifically said that they bookmarked it for regular reading, and the most critical man I've ever known says it's the best tabletop-based comic currently in existence.

Modig
Regular Poster

Re: I'm a sad little man.

Post by Modig »

Nathan_Hoffmann wrote:...the most critical man I've ever known...
Moore?
Kiedy z serca płyną słowa
Uderzają z wielką mocą
Krążą blisko wśr

Sanood
Regular Poster

I'm a ... wait, no I'm not...

Post by Sanood »

Heh, I was stopping by too, but mainly because I have the front page bookmarked and then I go the forums. I guess I could bookmark the forums too...

However it seemed like no one was visiting the forums...I know where a couple of the regulars went, but what happened to the rest?

And pzambert...where is pzambert? The forums are lacking without her evil presence...

Ashallue

we're all finally back (mostly)

Post by Ashallue »

Well, I've finally been sucked in to creating an account, which I believe makes me the last character to do so (or does Doug not have an account yet?).

I any case, all of us (except Doug and Mark) have been hanging out, playing games, and going to GenCon all week and didn't bother posting anything to the forums. But now we're back, Pam will inevitably get bored again, and I'm sure her evil presence will shortly resume.

That's right, Mark didn't make it to GenCon. A family emergency cropped up which required his presence. In fact, it still does and so it's completely unclear when onatable will be updated again. Hopefully by the end of the week, but then, some things take priority over webcomics.

So to all of Mark's loyal fans out there, I entreat you to send a prayer his way, or some well-wishing thoughts, or whatever your faith allows you to do.

Ashallue

Post by Ashallue »

And then I went and forgot to sign my message.

Andrew
the mathemagician

Sanood
Regular Poster

Post by Sanood »

First off, pzam needs to become bored again.

Secondly, or maybe it should have been first, I really suck at well wishing...it has never been my strong suit, but I do hope that things work out for the best for Mark and his family what ever the emergency happened to be.

Lastly, welcome to the forum Andrew, and thanks for the update.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

crimony

Post by Pzambert »

Sanood wrote:First off, pzam needs to become bored again.
didn't know i'd be that missed. anyway, i've been out of town for over 3 weeks and then at gencon. i'll probly be bored til we move (whenever that is), so have no fear, sanood.
andrew wrote:Well, I've finally been sucked in to creating an account, which I believe makes me the last character to do so (or does Doug not have an account yet?).
bwahaha! we knew you'd break down and do it. ;p
doug did have one, but it might have been sucked down w/the rest of the early forum stuff when it crashed oh so long ago.
andrew wrote:And then I went and forgot to sign my message.

Andrew
the mathemagician
heehee! you did it; mathemagician. it's so perfect.
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

"you're the cookie monster of books." -chad

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

Re: we're all finally back (mostly)

Post by Sparafucile »

ashallue wrote:Well, I've finally been sucked in to creating an account, which I believe makes me the last character to do so (or does Doug not have an account yet?).
He had an account under the name Squee. He hasn't posted in awhile, though.
ashallue wrote:That's right, Mark didn't make it to GenCon. A family emergency cropped up which required his presence. In fact, it still does and so it's completely unclear when onatable will be updated again. Hopefully by the end of the week, but then, some things take priority over webcomics.
You registered purely to beat me to the family emergency announcement, didn't you? It might be later than the end of the week before Mark updates again since I abandoned him out of state to get home in time for work and I haven't heard from him about when he's returning yet.

And pzam was gone because she was sharing her evil with us rather than all of you.
Nathan

"Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal."
-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert

Nothingspecial
Regular Poster

Re: I'm a sad little man.

Post by Nothingspecial »

Nathan_Hoffmann wrote:I continue to check the comic every monday, wednesday, and friday even though I know that it won't be updated due to GenCon.

Somebody get me a life. :(
You're not alone. I too, have been checking everyday for an update, even though I know even in regular times that it only updates triweekly... well, for an update and for the joy of "hee hee pokey pokey".
ashallue wrote:And then I went and forgot to sign my message.

Andrew
the mathemagician
Can you make a remainder disappear?
pzambert wrote:
Sanood wrote:First off, pzam needs to become bored again.
didn't know i'd be that missed. anyway, i've been out of town for over 3 weeks and then at gencon. i'll probly be bored til we move (whenever that is), so have no fear, sanood.
Lo, and behold! Name the Dark One and she reappears! Way to go Sanood. :evil:

..err....ummm.... hi, pzam... please don't hurt me? :( please?
I am Matt Oliver and I have approved this message.

Rock is dead. Long live paper and scissors!

When I'm not here, I'm doing <a target='blank' href="http://nothingspecial.keenspace.com">Nothing Special</a>.

Entrophy
Regular Poster

Post by Entrophy »

So yes, to break the veil of specificity obfuscation, the emergancy is that my father had a heart attack the morning I was heading out to his place anyway on the way to GenCon. They are just now in the process of determining what exactly happened, is broken, and/or needs fixing. This has taken a bit longer than expected for a variety of reasons.

I do plan to be back in my own home no later than next Monday, but do not know when I will have an actual comic to update with... or a fake comic, for that matter. I wasn't expecting to get much done last week but I managed to accomplish even less than that.

This would be a wonderful excuse for a hiatus in the comic if I hadn't already been planning to skip these several updates out of a more general laziness.

I am currently staying in places that are not even my dad's apartment, so my net connection comes from a heavily limited PC in the hospital. What that means is that even if I had set up a notification system on my homepage like I was planning, I'm not sure I would have been able to update it anyway.
nothingspecial wrote:Can you make a remainder disappear?
Math.floor();

Sanood
Regular Poster

Post by Sanood »

Sorry to hear that Mark. I was going to offer to do a guest strip, but between my having to move and your lack of internet access I don't think that would work. But, the "pokey pokey" makes me laugh everytime I look at it so I think you left it at a good place.
entrophy wrote:
nothingspecial wrote:Can you make a remainder disappear?
Math.floor();
That made me smile...I am such a nerd.
Sparafucile wrote:You registered purely to beat me to the family emergency announcement, didn't you?
now now boys, play nice.

nothingspecial wrote:Lo, and behold! Name the Dark One and she reappears! Way to go Sanood.
*bows* I know...I'm just that good. Oh wait...you didn't want me to, well that is just too bad.
pzambert wrote:didn't know i'd be that missed.
Of course!

Well, I hope you all had fun at the GenCon.

Galen0624
Regular Poster

Post by Galen0624 »

Mark you should be getting my "Prayers" to my personal deity some time soon. I hope your dad feels better.
"Expect me when you see me"
--Gandalf --Galen

Quetzi
Regular Poster

Post by Quetzi »

Pfff. I'm a sadder (and likely littler) man. I check every day I'm on the computer (most every day). That applies to all the webcomics I read actually. I once thought of organizing my favorites based on day of the week, but then I realized nobody updates their comics consistently and it would suck.
Virginity
Transmutation
Level: 1 (all classes)
Range: Personal
Components: S, V, M
Target: You
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
This spell takes effect immediately upon play, and remains in effect as long as the character continues to play Dungeons and Dragons.
Material Component: Player's Handbook worth $30.

Pon_Telon
Regular Poster

Post by Pon_Telon »

yeah same here about comic updates. oh yeah, nice icon Sparafucile :lol:
"Where is the nearest Zen Temple? My dire tiger needs to use the litter box."
-Roi the Epic Druid
"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."
Mark Twain.
"Jesus saves. The rest of us take full spell damage."
RadicalTaoist WoT forum.

Nothingspecial
Regular Poster

Post by Nothingspecial »

Quetzi wrote:Pfff. I'm a sadder (and likely littler) man. I check every day I'm on the computer (most every day). That applies to all the webcomics I read actually. I once thought of organizing my favorites based on day of the week, but then I realized nobody updates their comics consistently and it would suck.
Actually, you could solve your problem by using http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/. It's a webcomic list that lists all the comics that are registered and have updated that day, so you'll only see the ones that have new comics. Pretty neat.

...of course, the problem then becomes that not all the comics I read (and thus all the comics that you might read) are registered with it, so I end up cycling through all my links anyway. ::le sigh::
I am Matt Oliver and I have approved this message.

Rock is dead. Long live paper and scissors!

When I'm not here, I'm doing <a target='blank' href="http://nothingspecial.keenspace.com">Nothing Special</a>.

Sanood
Regular Poster

dum dee dum...

Post by Sanood »

nothingspecial wrote:so I end up cycling through all my links anyway. ::le sigh::
Heh, yeah that would be me to. Though, I only have about twenty or so to check, so it is no big deal. But, that number seems to be growing quite steadily...scary...

Pon_Telon
Regular Poster

Post by Pon_Telon »

Lol yeah I read about 20 comics and I use Firefox's nifty "Open in Tabs" to load all 20 of them at once. ^_^ What is sadder is that this is the 3rd or 4th time I've been to the site today because I've been re-reading the archives. ^_^V There are alot of plot devices that have been forgotten over time lol.
"Where is the nearest Zen Temple? My dire tiger needs to use the litter box."
-Roi the Epic Druid
"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."
Mark Twain.
"Jesus saves. The rest of us take full spell damage."
RadicalTaoist WoT forum.