[Crash 5: The Crash Continues] Too Hip For Propaganda

[Crash 5: The Crash Continues] Too Hip For Propaganda

Postby Entrophy on Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:41 am

I've been lagging behind in "filler" because I'd been hoping I could have an actual update today. As it is, I don't. Is there anyone reading this who can see something on my front page other than the empty broken image that's been there for two weeks?

Anyway.

Entrophy
Regular Poster

I'd work for someone who uses skulls as a fashion accessory.

Postby Sparafucile on Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:09 am

I still only see the broken link. When I saw that I was figuring that Keenspace had lied to you about being able to FTP in. Hmmm, I just Shift-Reloaded and still only see the broken link.

Or did the FTP work, but there is no way to update the page?
Nathan

"Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal."
-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert
Sparafucile
Regular Poster

Re: I'd work for someone who uses skulls as a fashion access

Postby Entrophy on Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:25 am

Sparafucile wrote:Or did the FTP work, but there is no way to update the page?

FTP works, but there are essentially two copies of the site now, and we're waiting for the DNS to update so that everyone sees the new one. I can FTP to the new one because I'm using a different address, but the old one is still the one that comes up in my browser.

The changeover started this weekend, so I would assume it should be in effect for most of the world sometime soon. <shrug>
Entrophy
Regular Poster

like chad?

Postby Pzambert on Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:16 pm

Sparafucile wrote:I still only see the broken link.

same here. i think it needs a swift kick. then again, i think every thing/one needs one, too.
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

"you're the cookie monster of books." -chad
Pzambert
Regular Poster

Postby Entrophy on Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:23 pm

Shmee wrote:Is anyone else as lost as I am? Is that just a smarter way to say its broke and we're waiting for someone else to fix it??

Nah, it was a confusing way of saying "Some people might be able to see something on the front page, but I can't."

It's not so much that we're waiting for someone to fix it as someone already has fixed it, and we're waiting for It to notice and start behaving.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby Entrophy on Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:Just checked front page, it seems to be working now, though it believes it's still January.

Yeah, I have access to update things, but I have to do it all by hand for now. No ETA for when the automation will return. Until then, things will be not quite right.

Wow. What do you know, it updated for me, too.

Well, assuming I can get the details straightened out, I just may start updating with normal comics on Wednesday. That gives the downtime a nice, even two weeks.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby _SW_Squall on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:27 am

2 weeks? Wow. How many fillers have you made in that time?
_SW_Squall

Location: In a closet, with a video game controller, a TV, a PS2, and FFX-2

Postby Entrophy on Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:07 am

_SW_Squall wrote:2 weeks? Wow. How many fillers have you made in that time?

Six; one for every normal update day. Before you start counting, I've only put five up in the forums (and those didn't show up quite on schedule) because I was hoping Keen's autoupdate function would have kicked in last night throwing all six of them into my archives. It didn't happen, so I'm going to start doing it by hand at some point today.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby Entrophy on Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:53 am

...And the sixth is now on the front page, with the other five in the archives behind it. Now I get to look forward to manually updating the actual comics until either Keen gets itself together or I take the hour or two necessary to write my own assembly scripts.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby _SW_Squall on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:56 pm

Wow. :o

There's a reason I don't write webcomics......I can't draw or splice stuff worth a crap. And Keenspace.
_SW_Squall

Postby Pon_Telon on Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:24 am

_SW_Squall wrote:And Keenspace.

*nod* *nod* That is a very good reason. It's like really really good tasting poison. Once you try it you always want more no matter how much it hurts ><

Or perhaps all that use Keenspace are really Massocist inside....

*starts beating Keenspace* :evil: WORK!!!!!!!!

:roll: wasn't me.
"Where is the nearest Zen Temple? My dire tiger needs to use the litter box."
-Roi the Epic Druid
"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."
Mark Twain.
"Jesus saves. The rest of us take full spell damage."
RadicalTaoist WoT forum.
Pon_Telon
Regular Poster

Postby Entrophy on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:00 am

Keenspace is decent enough if you're not looking to be a high profile success. The occasional crashes are due almost exclusively to the HUGE amount of traffic the several thousand comics generate and the load it puts on, mostly, the servers' hard drives.

Considering the administrators who deal with Keenspace are few as well as unpaid volunteers, they do pretty well. There have been some communication issues and the user interfaces they provide are abyssmal, but you get what you pay for.

That said, week-long massive failures every year are somewhat annoying. Except that this one actually let me get ahead in my comicing for the first time in quite a while.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby _SW_Squall on Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:35 am

Sweet! I can come home to good ol OUAT! I'm happy now.
_SW_Squall

Return to Once Upon A Table