No votes
one of the many andrews
50%

Total votes: 8

Miesl
Regular Poster

spoon + fork = spork

Post by Miesl »

pzambert wrote:i'll orc andrew you! ha! haha! hoHAH!

i don't know what that was...
That phrase just sounds wrong somehow.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

fork vs spoon = ?

Post by Pzambert »

miesl wrote:

which one?
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

"you're the cookie monster of books." -chad

Sidhekin
Regular Poster

Re: 7 votes

Post by Sidhekin »

entrophy wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Oh goodness, my presence here is noted?
The benefits of having posted a thread or two in a quiet forum include everyone seeing your name constantly. That list is missing at least Kyukei, who may have never actually registered.

We're a tight, tiny little community. This means the larger communities have an easier time beating us up.
You know, there is something to that. My guess would be that the vast mass that is the
It's Walky! forum (there is a thread waiting for one of your pieces, BTW) has no idea
I have ever posted there. Likewise for the Avalon, College Roomies From Hell!!! (you are
aware of this thread, right?), Clan of the Cats, and Melonpool forums.

On the Nukees forum, I fear I have attained a certain notoriety (or at least infamy).
And yes; not only is that forum relatively low traffic: I have also started a thread there. 8)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!

PrincessKay
Regular Poster

Poof?

Post by PrincessKay »

HEY! I posted a reply! Where did it go?!
Sarcasm.

... duh.

Entrophy
Regular Poster

Wheee!

Post by Entrophy »

Sidhekin wrote:You know, there is something to that. My guess would be that the vast mass that is the It's Walky! forum (there is a thread waiting for one of your pieces, BTW) has no idea
I have ever posted there.
Maybe not, but I'm sure most posters recognize your name when you do post. Hm. Now where did I store that Bille/PBR pic, anyway...
Sidhekin wrote: Likewise for the Avalon, College Roomies From Hell!!! (you are aware of this thread, right?)
Holy fruit cup! I was not aware. I only rarely poke into other Keen forums.. they're such an easy way to waste a lot of time, I'm afraid I'd get nothing done. This would explain why my referrals from forums.keenspot.com were much higher than I thought my postings to the Walky forums justified. Heh.

(Unfortunately, Webalizer-- the stats program Keenspace uses-- doesn't show you the query strings of referrals, only the domains.)
Sidhekin wrote:On the Nukees forum, I fear I have attained a certain notoriety (or at least infamy).
Everyone needs at least a small group of people that fears them.
Last edited by Entrophy on Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Entrophy
Regular Poster

Re: Poof?

Post by Entrophy »

PrincessKay wrote:HEY! I posted a reply! Where did it go?!
Don't blame me. I can't moderate this board.

Keenspace forums have been acting fairly unfriendly for the last few weeks. I do know that they are supposedly working on it and other issues, though.

Miesl
Regular Poster

What is it about forks?

Post by Miesl »

pzambert wrote:
miesl wrote:

which one?
The one about orcing Andrew, or Andrew orcing... either way, it's not right.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

boing

Post by Pzambert »

entrophy wrote:Don't blame me. I can't moderate this board.
why not?
entrophy wrote:Keenspace forums have been acting fairly unfriendly for the last few weeks. I do know that they are supposedly working on it and other issues, though.
i haven't had any problems
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

Pzambert
Regular Poster

it's all the spoon's fault

Post by Pzambert »

miesl wrote:The one about orcing Andrew, or Andrew orcing... either way, it's not right.
yes, that does sound somewhat.... disturbing.
at least it's not orcing mark. that would be downright... indescribably horrid. hehehehe
pzam

Sidhekin
Regular Poster

Re: Wheee!

Post by Sidhekin »

entrophy wrote:
Sidhekin wrote: ... College Roomies From Hell!!! (you are aware of this thread, right?)
Holy fruit cup! I was not aware.
Heh! Pure luck that I was. I mean, it is not like I am crazy enough to read every thread
on that forum. Not quite ...
entrophy wrote:I only rarely poke into other Keen forums.. they're such an easy way to waste a lot of time, I'm afraid I'd get nothing done.
... but they are nice when your job has you stuck in waiting mode with a computer.
"Because your job is boring," indeed.
entrophy wrote:This would explain why my referrals from forums.keenspot.com were much higher than I thought my postings to the Walky forums justified. Heh.

(Unfortunately, Webalizer-- the stats program Keenspace uses-- doesn't show you the query strings of referrals, only the domains.)
I was about to say that I get the access logs from my site, but now I look at it, it seems
it is configured not to log the referring URL. WTF? Better look into that ...

I never used Webalizer. I have access to stats from Wusage or Analog, but I prefer
the raw access-log. Now who reconfigured that server ... ?
entrophy wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:On the Nukees forum, I fear I have attained a certain notoriety (or at least infamy).
Everyone needs at least a small group of people that fears them.
So if Gav did not exist, we would have had to invent him?

"Holy fruit cup"?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!

Entrophy
Regular Poster

I don't know how to draw...

Post by Entrophy »

Andrew wrote:Wow, I'm a tool.
WARNING.... easily influenced artist...

Image It's the Andrewrench!

Andrew wrote:I have absolutely no idea how to vote on this thing.
Well, you have to be registered and logged in. Then you see the poll questionaire instead of the results.
Andrew wrote:So, I'll just tell all of you. My vote is for the Andrews, namely the Andrew Andrew.
Pizza! Pizza!
Andrew wrote:My second vote would be for Hew because dwarf jokes are funny,
Yes, but they have a short (pause) half-life.

Jumping messages ...
pzambert wrote:
entrophy wrote:Don't blame me. I can't moderate this board.
why not?
Because Keen has yet to actually set my account as moderator. They might get around to it within the next decade or so. Until then, I will be unable to play horrible mind games with you all. I'll have to settle for the terrible kind, I guess.

Entrophy
Regular Poster

I shall now ramble for a while. Come watch!

Post by Entrophy »

Sidhekin wrote:
entrophy wrote: Holy fruit cup! I was not aware.
Heh! Pure luck that I was. I mean, it is not like I am crazy enough to read every thread on that forum. Not quite ...
I've looked at a few threads in there over the months. Considering that this one starts with one of my strips, and within two posts is talking about kilts (which is apparently why mine was posted in the first place anyway) and two other strips, I think I would get lost in there quite easily.
Sidhekin wrote:
entrophy wrote:I only rarely poke into other Keen forums.. they're such an easy way to waste a lot of time, I'm afraid I'd get nothing done.
... but they are nice when your job has you stuck in waiting mode with a computer. "Because your job is boring," indeed.
True. So very true. Though, over the years I have collected a massive supply of links that I visit on a regular basis... it's rare that I end up having read through them all and still have remaining work boredom. Then again, sometimes the links themselves proove boring...
Sidhekin wrote:
entrophy wrote:(Unfortunately, Webalizer-- the stats program Keenspace uses-- doesn't show you the query strings of referrals, only the domains.)
I never used Webalizer. I have access to stats from Wusage or Analog, but I prefer the raw access-log.
I've seen several different stats packages, and Webilizer's probably the worst. At the same time, it's also probably the *best* (of the few I've seen) for small sites and/or people who don't need much information and/or know what to do with it.

Though it is better than the package my web development company uses in at least one way. I actually had to write our own scripts to pull search *phrases* out of the logs, because our stats program only shows individual *words* which is about three steps below useless.
Sidhekin wrote:
entrophy wrote:Everyone needs at least a small group of people that fears them.
So if Gav did not exist, we would have had to invent him?
Yes. And if not, he would have to invent himself after which he would spontaneously begin fearing.
Sidhekin wrote:"Holy fruit cup"?
Sure. It's part of the Holy Trinity of Dessert Snacks. The Holy Fruit Cup, the Hallowed Pudding Cup, and the Sacred Granola Bar.

Pzambert
Regular Poster

did you at least election vote?

Post by Pzambert »

guest wrote:I was briefly tempted to not be selfish about this, but then I realized that I get a big kick out of seeing myself in comic form, more than seeing others in comic form.

shame on you! didn't you read my comment that you can't vote for yourself? shame shame
guest wrote:Oh, and Nate, I love the trunk of doom. I'm going to have to start using that phrase.
all right, what is the trunk of doom?
pzam

Entrophy
Regular Poster

Re: did you at least election vote?

Post by Entrophy »

pzambert wrote:
guest wrote:Oh, and Nate, I love the trunk of doom. I'm going to have to start using that phrase.
all right, what is the trunk of doom?
Connected to the Elephant of Misfortune.

Though which passes the Mucus of Destruction.

Sparafucile
Regular Poster

Tell me another story.

Post by Sparafucile »

pzambert wrote:all right, what is the trunk of doom?
Andrew carries his SCA gear in his trunk. Everywhere.

Hey, since everyone is going to be in town over Thanksgiving and I still have a key to the dojo, Andrew and I should have another showdown. Ooh, and we should video tape it this time.

Heh, the Andrewrench made me laugh. In fact, it made everyone in the room with me laugh.
Nathan

"Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal."
-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert

Laura623
Regular Poster

Post by Laura623 »

The hell? I thought I'd logged in... well, that last post was me.
"It tastes like really cold yogurt!"

Pzambert
Regular Poster

stretching the premise

Post by Pzambert »

entrophy wrote:[Connected to the Elephant of Misfortune. Though which passes the Mucus of Destruction.

ok.... i get the elephant part, but mucus?
pzam

Pzambert
Regular Poster

i'll trunk you

Post by Pzambert »

Sparafucile wrote:Andrew carries his SCA gear in his trunk. Everywhere.
sigh
sparafucile wrote:Hey, since everyone is going to be in town over Thanksgiving and I still have a key to the dojo, Andrew and I should have another showdown. Ooh, and we should video tape it this time.
::cough cough::
sparafucile wrote:Heh, the Andrewrench made me laugh. In fact, it made everyone in the room with me laugh.
was there another body in the room? :P
pzam

Pzambert
Regular Poster

poor laura

Post by Pzambert »

laura wrote:I'm not going to be in town until Christmas. :cry:
too bad for you. doug's not gonna be back for christmas (if i haven't mentioned that already). we're all going to have fun w/o you. ALL of us. w/o you. much much fun. have i rubbed it in enough yet? :P
pzam

Laura623
Regular Poster

Re: poor laura

Post by Laura623 »

pzambert wrote:
laura wrote:I'm not going to be in town until Christmas. :cry:
too bad for you. doug's not gonna be back for christmas (if i haven't mentioned that already). we're all going to have fun w/o you. ALL of us. w/o you. much much fun. have i rubbed it in enough yet? :P
Yes. '[m so sad. :cry:
"It tastes like really cold yogurt!"