"00 ... is that good?"

"00 ... is that good?"

Postby Sidhekin on Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:06 am

What's a forum with a single topic? ... and it looked so lonely too ...

This is just to tell you (... thought you might like to know ...) that
people other than your relatives and gamer group actually reads
your comic. Thank you!

(The title is a something of a fake, BTW ... it is a from my first
game of Rolemaster, but it would work in MERP too ... however,
since I haven't played MERP in a decade, I cannot recall anything
quotable from those games. Oh well.)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Sidhekin
Regular Poster

It's so true.

Postby Sparafucile on Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:40 am

Heh, the first time I rolled 00 on a check I was convinced that I'd managed to botch something simple. I then endured a round of "You can't roll zero!" from everyone at the table before being informed that I'd managed to succeed spectacularly at something simple.
Last edited by Sparafucile on Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan

"Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal."
-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert
Sparafucile
Regular Poster

The tens die is showing 8 and the ones is in the chip dip

Postby Entrophy on Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:32 am

Sidhekin wrote:What's a forum with a single topic? ... and it looked so lonely too ...

This is just to tell you (... thought you might like to know ...) that
people other than your relatives and gamer group actually reads
your comic. Thank you!

Heh. Thanks. Though to be fair, it had seemed that only my relatives, gaming group, and one particular department of an international manufacturing company read the comic. My audience slowly grows! Muahahaha! Ahem.

Sidhekin wrote: (The title is a something of a fake, BTW ... it is a from my first game of Rolemaster, but it would work in MERP too ... however,
since I haven't played MERP in a decade, I cannot recall anything
quotable from those games. Oh well.)

That's okay, my strip is something of a fake. It's inspired by a collection of MERP campaigns but I'm completely ignoring the plot of any of them. And the only MERP-specific quote that I can think of would be something along the lines of "Aragorn's stats are *WHAT*!??"
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Re: The tens die is showing 8 and the ones is in the chip di

Postby Laura623 on Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:31 am

entrophy wrote:Heh. Thanks. Though to be fair, it had seemed that only my relatives, gaming group, and one particular department of an international manufacturing company read the comic. My audience slowly grows! Muahahaha! Ahem.

I could put up in a link in my livejournal. Or in the LotR community in livejournal. hehehe...

entrophy wrote:And the only MERP-specific quote that I can think of would be something along the lines of "Aragorn's stats are *WHAT*!??"

Don't know why I quoted that, just found it funny.

Laura
Laura623
Regular Poster

look at me, newt!

Postby Pzambert on Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:16 pm

I could put up in a link in my livejournal. Or in the LotR community in livejournal. hehehe...

oh dear. i suppose it would cause quite a bit of traffic. do we want traffic? i hate traffic. other people suck. especially lj people. lj people i don't know at least...

so, who are the "other" people on here? i'm guessing doug was "guest," but i don't know these supposed work people. are they nate work or mark work people? i do agree with the mocking. yes yes.

btw, the pic sucks as of now. how come it can't be 120x120 instead of 100? why? WHY? yeah, chad you have to fix it. looks like shit. i need a *good* evil pic, not a shit evil pic. shit evil just isn't intimidating.
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

"you're the cookie monster of books." -chad
Pzambert
Regular Poster

Re: look at me, newt!

Postby Cabingirl on Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:26 am

oh dear. i suppose it would cause quite a bit of traffic. do we want traffic? i hate traffic. other people suck. especially lj people. lj people i don't know at least...

Well I haven't told anyone else about it, so don't blame me.

so, who are the "other" people on here? i'm guessing doug was "guest," but i don't know these supposed work people. are they nate work or mark work people? i do agree with the mocking. yes yes.

Hi, I'm Laura, or as is yet again the case, the other Laura. And I'm a "Nate Work Person", but I don't reserve my mocking for him alone. I'm an equal-opportunity mocker!
Cabingirl

Well she turned me into a newt! A newt? I got better.

Postby Miesl on Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:18 am

cabingirl wrote:Hi, I'm Laura, or as is yet again the case, the other Laura.

But, you're the REAL Laura - accept no imitations.

cabingirl wrote:And I'm a "Nate Work Person", but I don't reserve my mocking for him alone. I'm an equal-opportunity mocker!

I'm sure it's obvious by now, what with my knowing Laura and all; I'm also a "Nate Work Person."
Miesl
Regular Poster

Newt And Garlic Pringles! Mmmmm. Cylindrical.

Postby Entrophy on Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:05 am

miesl wrote:But, you're the REAL Laura - accept no imitations.

Hey, now. No scaring the people who may fall further down the degrees-of-separation tree than you. Everyone here is the real Laura. Even Nate.

miesl wrote:I'm sure it's obvious by now, what with my knowing Laura and all; I'm also a "Nate Work Person."

I work with Mark. Oh wait. I am Mark. And I obviously can't work with myself. Because that would require me doing work with which to work with someone, and lord knows none of that happens around here.

mmmm. Unexplained sarcasm.
Last edited by Entrophy on Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby Laura623 on Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:15 am

Unless someone begs me not to, I'm going to go cause a bunch of traffic from teenage girls who only like LotR because they think Orlando Bloom is hot.

Laura
Laura623
Regular Poster

Heaven forbid people start *reading* my strip!

Postby Entrophy on Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:05 am

Laura623 wrote:Unless someone begs me not to, I'm going to go cause a bunch of traffic from teenage girls who only like LotR because they think Orlando Bloom is hot.

Heh. Feel free. Though I doubt they'll find OUaT quite as hot as Orlando Bloom. Maybe as hot as Christopher Lee. If you squint real hard.

Hm. imdb.com has Ian McKellen listed as "Gandalf the White" for The Two Towers. A different kind of spoiler than having Gandalf in/narrating the trailers, but still.
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Postby Laura623 on Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:24 am

Ooookay. Done and done.
Laura623
Regular Poster

Was it Poe who coined "misanthrope"?

Postby Sparafucile on Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:22 pm

In my typical fasion, I shall be lazy and dump several responses into one spot.

I'll go one step further and declare my hatred of everyone I don't know... hell, I'll also throw in around 3/4 of the people I do know. I can't help but feel that Livejournal is nothing more than a practicing ground for underage future Jerry Springer guests. Hmmm, I feel as though I'm tempting fate and Unholy Wrath with that statement.

teenage girls who only like LotR because they think Orlando Bloom is hot.

Gar! That statement bothers me on many levels, and would seem to justify my earlier comment.

Now, back to productivity.
Last edited by Sparafucile on Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nathan

-Mr. Spock

"YEAH! I have sufficiently mastered your will through threatened physical violence... Bwahaha!"
-Pzambert
Sparafucile
Regular Poster

This seems familiar somehow...

Postby Sparafucile on Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:26 pm

I am the real Laura!
Nathan

-Mr. Spock

-Pzambert
Sparafucile
Regular Poster

misanthrope= nate's motto

Postby Pzambert on Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:36 pm

Sparafucile wrote:In my typical fasion, I shall be lazy and dump several responses into one spot.

you're always lazy. :p

hell, I'll also throw in around 3/4 of the people I do know.

would that include crazy christian guy at work?

I can't help but feel that Livejournal is nothing more than a practicing ground for underage future Jerry Springer guests. Hmmm, I feel as though I'm tempting fate and Unholy Wrath with that statement.

no, no unholy wrath. they are mostly dumb teens. i use it for people i know (laura, kay, etc).

teenage girls who only like LotR because they think Orlando Bloom is hot.

it's so true!

Gar! That statement bothers me on many levels, and would seem to justify my earlier comment.

but hes liek so TOTALLY hott!!11!!!

Now, back to productivity.

HA!
pzam

"i like to give the impression that i don't fornicate with inanimate objects" -nate

Pzambert
Regular Poster

very small rocks

Postby Pzambert on Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:41 pm

I'm sure it's obvious by now, what with my knowing Laura and all; I'm also a "Nate Work Person."

i'm sorry. hehehehee
pzam

Pzambert
Regular Poster

Postby Entrophy on Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:02 pm

Kyukei wrote:Heyo Entrophy. Just sending you a 'shout-out' from another fan. *grin* Found this site through your sig on the It's Walky board, think it's very funny

Hey, thanks. It's neat to think that I can have fans for something that is literally a result of reading too many webcomics. It's some sort of disease. You read too many of these things, and you start thinking that maybe even you could do one!

I don't plug this thing too often on the Walky forum under some misguided sense of modesty and deference to David Willis, but I sure got a lot of hits from my Billie/PBR picture...

IN-JOKE WITHOUT WARNING

Keep up the good work, who knows, maybe one day you might even get three fans whom you don't know personally!

Heh heh. Thanks for the encouragement. Until now, my goal had always been two unknown fans! I feel it is time to raise my goals. Though I actually haven't met a good half of the people who have posted here. I've heard some stories about a couple, though...
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Tofutti cutie

Postby Cabingirl on Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:24 pm

I've heard some stories about a couple, though...

I wonder if Nathan will come to work tomorrow when he realizes there will be two irate women waiting to find out what he said about them.

Heeheeheeheehee
Cabingirl

Whee! The mocking continues.

Postby Miesl on Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:02 am

cabingirl wrote:I wonder if Nathan will come to work tomorrow when he realizes there will be two irate women waiting to find out what he said about them.

Heh. So, how are we going to find out what stories have been told?

pzambert wrote:

i'm sorry. hehehehee

I'm most amused. Heehee!
Miesl
Regular Poster

Re: Whee! The mocking continues.

Postby Entrophy on Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:10 am

miesl wrote:
pzambert wrote:

i'm sorry. hehehehee

I'm most amused. Heehee!

Oh dear. There appears to be two of them. There will be no end to the evil laughter! Or the mocking. Which is really the way it should be, anyway.

Quoting quoted quotes is fun!
Entrophy
Regular Poster

Re: Whee! The mocking continues.

Postby Laura623 on Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:52 am

entrophy wrote:
miesl wrote:
pzambert wrote:

i'm sorry. hehehehee

I'm most amused. Heehee!

Oh dear. There appears to be two of them. There will be no end to the evil laughter! Or the mocking. Which is really the way it should be, anyway.

Quoting quoted quotes is fun!

It is indeed. Mock!
Laura623
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Once Upon A Table