Character Poll #2

Which SomeSuch character is your favorite of these?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:03 pm

Karystyn
25%
Leo
25%
Stryke
50%
Mykelos
No votes

Total votes : 4

Character Poll #2

Postby Somesuch on Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:03 pm

I'll keep this one going for longer (didn't get the response I wanted from the last one). Please tell me why you picked (or didn't pick) the character you did (or didn't). Opinions are good. That's why this forum's here. :) For now I'm just going to keep in the original main four (there'll be others soon; expect frequent alterations of cast).

This poll will be up for 30 days. Enjoy!
Is that so?
Somesuch
Regular Poster

Postby Somesuch on Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:48 pm

And a P.S. on this one... Karystyn is my favorite because she's the most prominent of my characters so far. She's also one of the loopiest. Even if she *is* a little twisted, she's still basically good. Has to be that she still manages to be innocent despite all her faults. She can't help it that the crazy writer (me) decided to make her half-elf, a quarter pixie, and a quarter human...

The others' position with me varies, but they're getting to the point where I like them all equally.

I think I like Leo because he doesn't show much of himself--particularly what he was doing in the priesthood when he's quite CLEARLY a werelion.

Mykelos is about as loopy as Karystyn is. It's fun to portray his guilt, and his feigned dark nature. Really he's a good guy.

Stryke's absolutely absurd. She's fun to deal with, but it's hard to determine what she should be doing from one strip to the next.
Is that so?
Somesuch
Regular Poster

Postby Evil Firefly on Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:22 pm

I like Leo, because the idea of a religious were-lion is just great. :wink:
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby Phoenix Broken on Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:41 pm

I like Stryke ... What can I say? I like insane gryphons. I even play two on TV -- sorry, on Spheres. o_@;
Phoenix Broken

Postby ZOMBIE USER 10477 on Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:52 am

Stryke. Still a hottie. :>

I do like Leo a lot, though - fun character.

Bane was pretty great, too, actually... we're gonna see her again soon?
ZOMBIE USER 10477

Postby Somesuch on Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:36 pm

Heeeee! The idea of Bane as a she is scary! :lol: Bane's supposed to be a male (no, I don't draw them anatomically correct, to put it politely. Ahem.). But if I've never actually stated his gender, it might not be a terrible idea to make him into a her. Hmmm... will have to scan my own personal archives and see.

But yes. Bane will be back (and likely at the most unlikely, or most inopportune, moment). Any character I have introduced for several strips running is likely to return at some point in time.

Punk, the foxwolf/Karystyn's brother, will also be popping up again sometime or another.

Expect the main characters, and newer ones, to disappear and reappear at different intervals. Why? Because I'm nuts. Karystyn'll probably be pretty much continuous because she is the main character. Not that she's the most likeable leader the group could have. That'd probably be Leo, admittedly. Mykelos does occasionally succeed in being evil (or at least bad), after all. Like when he bit Karystyn in a recent strip. And Stryke's just too dangerous to lead or anything.

Anyway, Mykelos is the first one slated for a temporary disappearance. I don't know how long he'll be gone, and yes, I know that there are those among you who really like him. Not to worry, he won't be too different on his comeback.

Leo's another character who'll probably be making a disappearance soon. But he's got so many interesting secrets for you readers to find out that I can't leave him out forever!

Of course, as old characters disappear, for a while, they're replaced by newer ones, who'll be re-replaced by the old ones. I might at some point have two versions of this comic, first version (Karystyn group version) on one day, second version (other group version) on the other day.

Try not to worry about characters in SomeSuch if they disappear and you like them. Chances are, they'll be back, even if it's just a one-strip cameo appearance every now and then.

Honestly, I'd love to be able to do another comic sometime, but I don't have the time to do many with SomeSuch as it is. Unless I suddenly put two comics up at once per update, well... I don't really see how I'd manage. Bleh. Meantime I'll try to make SomeSuch more interesting for all of you. :D

8)
Is that so?
Somesuch
Regular Poster

Return to SomeSuch