Another happy customer ^_^

Another happy customer ^_^

Postby Darius on Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:40 pm

Hmmm....

I was curious about the unique style of art she had in her tag, so I followed the sig to the comic.

I loved it! Heh. The characters weren't that original, but the interactions were pretty funny. I wish it had been around longer so I could read more. Best of all is the art style, I don't know why, but I like it...

Anyways.

Evil F. have you seen my GREAT ROD?

*sigh*

*Wanders back to other boards*
Darius

Postby Evil Firefly on Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:07 pm

Weren't original? What do you mean? They're completely original. Unlike many comics, I didn't rip them off of anything.

Um... but thanks for the compliments. :D
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby Darius on Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:15 pm

..erm.. I should have been more specific. I didn't mean you ripped them off, I just thought that Akuma seemed a little typical at first. I like the 'I wish I had a sandwich' thing though. It suprised me. Anyways, you're welcome for the compliments :) And I will continue to enjoy reading your comic! :wink:
Darius

Postby Centurion on Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:23 pm

I think he means the characters are drawn from traditional arche-types, such as the dashing bishnoen, and the tough girl, as well as the rougish theif and fighter often seen in modern fantasy literature.

But hell, shakespeare himself wrote very little original things. He mostly took stories that were popular at the time. (Like the forbidden love between two members of rival families) and improved upon it.

Improving upon an archetype (such as emily has done/is doing) can be even more effective than writing a crappy original story.

BTW, it is said that only the criminally insane are truly original in what they do.
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby Evil Firefly on Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:42 pm

Heheh, nice quote.

Well, this IS just the beginning. Not to mention that I've decided to completely drop the "rpg game" genre. ((There's already plenty of good ones out there, plus you can only go so far with it))

Yeah... expect a lot of new stuff to happen. You just might be surprised. Hmm... I guess a bit if inspiration for these "clich
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby Grinning Devol on Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:19 am

hmm...D+D eh. iiinteresting...
Though the comic could use some Dinosaurs...
Grinning Devol

Postby Evil Firefly on Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:55 am

That you, Kack?
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby Blue on Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:41 pm

But they don't ACT evil. They SAY they're evil, but they seem normal.
Blue

Postby D-Boy 83 on Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:19 pm

The art style is very cool indeed. Which is what brought me here a few weeks ago after a lurk through the RPG World forum.

The comic was so cool, that I was even compelled to doodle a quick fan art pic a while ago. :wink:

And there you have it...another satisfied costumer! :D
D-Boy 83
Regular Poster

Postby Evil Firefly on Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:36 pm

Yeah... amazingly enough, I get nearly all of my hits from hanging around the RPG World forum.
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby D-Boy 83 on Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:43 pm

The only reason I got any hits this week with my "start up" comic was due to the Keenime spotlight which I had signed up for ages ago. :o

Although those numbers should go waaaay back down once the spotlight goes elsewhere. :P
D-Boy 83
Regular Poster

Postby Evil Firefly on Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:25 pm

...*stabs Gravitybeetle repeatedly with a rusty spoon*

I HATE IT when people compare my comic (or anything else for that matter) with someone else's work! It makes it sound like I've plagiarized them! And it's REALLY annoying, because I've been planning Evilish long before I've ever started reading RPG World (yes, it's true). And even when I started reading RPGW, I was thinking "Hmm, Cherry's kinda like Ember."

I never thought, and still don't think, that Akuma and hero are alike.

So what the heck?! It's not just this. Just because a character is similar, people are thinking that I'm copying RPG World.

So please understand why I'm MAD AS HELL right now! AAARRRGH....

...but aside from all that, thanks for the compliments.
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby Evil Firefly on Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:36 pm

*cough* Sorry. I had a really bad day yesterday.
Evil Firefly
Regular Poster

Postby Grinning Devol on Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:33 am

Yes. It has become a federal offense to make villians who do not prescribe to the "beauty is only skin deep" axiom.
And thats just how Emmy draws. If you're trying to make a good impression, you don't parade around the stuff you're still working on do you?
Someone should have a Goatee though.....
Grinning Devol

Return to Evilish