Story ideas

Postby Mel on Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:19 am

Hey, no fair, Rob and I already gave her our ideas in chat! *L*
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:52 pm

Hey, seeing as Angie now used inspirtation from the message board in her "Jumping Jason / Speechless Arno" story, how about we come up with some other stuff to inspire her? ;)<P>I'd go first, but I'm sick... *L* There's an idea... Arno gets sick. *Nods* Next! ;)
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Robert1_1 on Mon Jan 08, 2001 2:49 am

Yeah! *nods* We gave our ideas in chat! *hides other ideas under a floor board for a rainy day* *l* ;p <P>Beside,s if a story idea is here, and then the start up to it appears in the comic, anyone who reads this will know what's going to happen, and it won't be a surprise anymore! *l* ;p
Robert1_1

Postby Mel on Tue Jan 09, 2001 7:01 am

Though i suppose we could give talk about ideas and make angie come up with teh jokes and surprise endings herself. ;) <P>Like, how about is some nature show comes to do a documentary on that park? or there's a forest fire, or aliens land, or... *L*
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Tue Jan 09, 2001 7:02 am

And Arno is already ingured, whouldn't it be rude to make him sick, too? ;) Though he would have to molt someday, wouldn't he? ;)
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:43 am

*L* Darn it, i already said i wouldn't sue her, too, i'm missing out on all the fun, here. ;)
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Duncan on Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:54 am

I never understood why in the US apparently every second citizen is downright lawsuit-happy. Everyone is sueing everyone for every last penny for the most stupid reasons.
About 70% of all lawsuits in the US wouldn't probably even be -accepted- at german courts.<P>*officially declares that he will not sue Angie for the possible use of any stupid story-idea being used that once dug it's way out of his cranked brain*
Duncan
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sun Jan 14, 2001 2:46 am

*LOL* A molting Arno... That would be quite interesting, actually... ;)<P>Anyway, here's an interesting story I picked up yesterday in a newsgroup... Appearently it'a a wellknown story too, but I can't remember names, places, dates, etc, so I'll summarize:
This woman started out as a fanfic writer, but soon became professional. Her books got published, but she never forgot where she came from. She helped aspiring authors by reading their stories and having them published in an anthology thing. She was very available to them, as a courtesy, giving something back to where she came from.
One day a writer wrote her a story with a basic idea that she used in her nearly finished novel. She wrote the writer back, explaining to her the situation.
Now, the husband of this woman was a lawyer. He wrote a note back, demanding that his wife'd be named as a co-author. The publisher did not want to risk a lawsuit under any circumstance and would now not publish the novel.<P>It's sick, really... The writer has stopped being available to other writers, she does not read their stories, she does not help them, because it could hurt her.
I believe somewhere among this there ought to be justice, seeing as the law is involved... Can anyone spot it?
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Wed Jan 17, 2001 5:26 am

Well, for one, i'd like to defend some americans and say we are NOT all like that no matter what your media tells you, i know more than two people here and none of us have sued anyone. In fact I only know two people who have ever sued PERIOD, and one was a wrongful death and one was theft and fraud that was only asking for what was missing back. yes, i have commented in the past that a lot of ppl here seem to be WAY too litigation happy, trying to get somethign for nothing, but i think it's more that the system is messed up that lets them and the way lawyers know they get commision on teh amount they win that makes most of the trouble. A lot of the ppl who sue usually wouldn't think of it until they are approached by lawyers - ambulance chasers we call them - who are looking for an excuse to get that nice commision.<P>So yes, i agree it's a shame that so many people are getting hurt for stupid things and so many jerks are making my whole darn country look bad and doctors and authors and fast food employees have to worry more about covering their butts instead of doing the best job they can and helping people.
Just be careful with the stereotypes and generalizations or I'll sue you for defemation of character. ;) Just kidding, but i'm getting sick of people in other countries thinking and spreading the word of how bad they've heard we are in chats and emails and stuff when they've never had to live here and put up with it. Not that our media helps. Just remember you are <i>only</i> hearing the spectacular out-of-the-ordinary cases - normal good deeds and simple acts of selflessness and caring just don't make the international news.
And now i'm having trouble making this not sound like i'm insulting or mad at you guys, because i'm not. *hugs* Just i'm tired and sensitive and probably PMSing and getting sick of being an american.<P>Wow, what do you know. That's the only patriotic thought i've had in years.
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Dubble on Thu Jan 18, 2001 12:32 pm

Mel>*L*....Sooo you think I should move to Cananda instead? ;)<P>But seriously you're right. the media always twist stuff and write the really outrageous things. You should see some of the headlines over here!<P>And yeah I bet all Americans aren't...however the media portrays them *L* I actually have no stereo type for you guys if that makes any sense. And though I've never been there I know lots of really nice american ppl besides which you can't assume a country's worth of ppl based on the eety bity percentage of stuff you hear about *L* (And I can't believe I'm saying that. Who's the person who whines all teh time about where she lives? Hopefully that's a little different ;)) <P>Anyway I'm making no sense but pretty much you're right Mel. *hugs back*..Er....'Being sick of being an american'?! THAT's teh most patriotic thought you've had in years!.....Wow. At least I have the excuse of I just live here ;) But mwaah Americans aren't so bad. At least you seem open to the new and different...;P<P>Uhm..*shuts up* *is well aware she writes nonsense*
Dubble
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Mon Jan 22, 2001 5:09 am

Dub> *L* You write fine, i keep telling you that... *hugs* <P>I was obviously not in the best of moods when i wrote that, huh? *L* Ah well. :P I still mean it. *L*
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Tue Jan 23, 2001 1:32 am

Arno> *L* Probably a good many. :P I can see them up there banging their heads against the desk and thinking of ways to throttle the lawyers... ;)
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:56 pm

I don't think Americans are the way their stereotypes are... heck, you should know how often I defend you guys from exactly such stereotypes... One of the stereotypes is that you all think we live in windmills and wear wooden shoes. How's that for irony? ;)<P>Having said that, the type of cases I'm thinking of would have had a Dutch judge furious over how his time was wasted. But who knows how many American judges have fumed, huh? *l*
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:42 am

Yeah, unless they like to make themselves a bit more famous... But there's juries in AMerica, right? Are they there for these sorts of trials too then? :)<P>BOy did we ever get sidetracked. Angie! Do a legal story! Arno can be a lawyer! ;)
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:50 am

*snickers* Arno would be good as a lawyer, and for some reason i see Robert as the lawyer for the other side. *L* Tucker vs. Dakota for catnip theft? ;) Oh man, i should do a fanfic. *snickers at mental images*
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby MAui on Wed Jan 31, 2001 5:53 am

You know what miht be a neatish idea?(or it could be really lame..*L*) <P>If this comic had some kind of cameo character that was like a maneater..(n the figurative sense) and she went after all the male wolves..or the kitties..or EVERYONE..*L*<P>MRow >:}
~maumau
MAui

Postby Dubble on Fri Feb 02, 2001 5:20 am

Mel>*L*...Thanks...^_^<P>*LOL* I'm with Angie on this..on the other hand Rob can argue the hind leg off a donkey SOO ;)<P>MAui>A maneater as in something that eats men or is there some other meaning I've never heard of? *L* ;)<P>Wow and after all the procrastinating I did replying I couldn't think of that much replying to do. Twonk ;)
Dubble
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:27 am

Robert: "Your honour, I insist that my client is innocent of this act. In fact, if he stole that catnip he could be paying me a lot more than 50/50!"
Arno: "I object, your honour!"
Judge: "<Sigh> Why this time, councelor?"
Arno: "The defendant's council is an idiot."
Judge: "Granted."<P>
Now, a maneater... I had to think about the meaning of the word for a while, but... *L* Yeah, it'd be funny, but I kinda suspect that sort of thing isn't what Angie does... ;)<P>Twonk! *L*
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Tue Feb 06, 2001 1:45 am

*has seen arno's art*
I think i'll stick to letting him write stories. Those are fun enough. ;)
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby SpiritWolf on Tue Feb 06, 2001 3:45 am

Yeah, bad Mel! ;> If Arno comes up with a really good script though I might have a go at drawing it myself ... it's been a long time since I've done that though so it'd probably come out bad but eh, it'd be a right laugh.
SpiritWolf
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Dakota's Ridge