Help!

Postby Gem on Wed Nov 29, 2000 10:24 am

Two things I need help on. One is, I've never seen Balto and probably never will(unless I get stuck with babysitting somehow), so can someone tell me about the marks on the tree?<P>And Two: I need someone to help me with the story board for my fan comic. I have about two mind sets right now; Christmas presents and the gym. So I need someone to help me to get to point A to point B. I have almost all of it worked out, I just need help with ONE panel. Please help!
Gem

Postby Mel on Thu Nov 30, 2000 6:45 am

Well, ididn't wquite get teh balto refference, it's been too long, but i assume he made teh marks to use as a kind of map for himself? :)<P>and i have no idea what you NEED for the fancomic. more specifics please?
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Gem on Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:50 am

Email me and I'll tell you, I want to keep it semi-secret if I can..I just need help on a piece of dialog.
Gem

Postby SpiritWolf on Thu Nov 30, 2000 11:48 am

Ooh, I know! I know!<P>In Balto, after Steel - his rival and head of the town's elite group of Huskies / Dogs - gets rather lost trying to transport medicene back to the town, Balto goes out to look for them. Guessing his sniffer (good word, thanks Ang) won't work too well there he starts marking trees as a guide so when he finds them he has a clear road back to his hometown.<P>It's a grand movie, you should see it sometime ... and see if you spot the E.T. joke in it when you do, that's just to die for, very funny.
SpiritWolf
Regular Poster

Postby Mel on Fri Dec 01, 2000 4:40 am

*blinks* ET joke? Great, i must have missed it, now i have to watch it again. *L* I'll have to keep an eye on cartoon network, they run it occationally.
Mel
Regular Poster

Postby Dubble on Fri Dec 01, 2000 9:38 am

Yup! Time for ub to ask a stupid obvious question again! *L* :P<P>WHAT is Balto? o.0
Dubble
Regular Poster

Postby Dubble on Fri Dec 01, 2000 9:41 am

Dub..even...yeeesh..sorry
Dubble
Regular Poster

Postby SpiritWolf on Fri Dec 01, 2000 10:36 am

You can edit your own messages you know? It's the third icon from the left at the top of every message. I use it occasionally to correct typos I've made.<P>Balto is a Huskie / Wolf cross and from that came one of the best things to quote I've ever heard. "Not a Dog, not a Wolf. All he knows, is what he's not.".
SpiritWolf
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sat Dec 02, 2000 4:12 am

Well, Dubble's not alone in her Balto confusion... But I get it now! *l* So it's a movie then, yes?<P>Oh, and as for the storyboard thing, no help from me I'm afraid... *L*
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Gem on Sun Dec 03, 2000 11:38 am

I don't no if I can do it now. My mom and dad have everything booked tight. I've got to silect what I want to take on the trip. Make a list of what I need but don't have. This weekend theres a party and a visit to my Aunt and Uncle's house. I've still wrapping to do..Ugh. I'll try to read over my note again and try to do this but I can't promise.
Gem

Postby Mel on Mon Dec 04, 2000 4:57 am

Gem> Bummer that you are so busy, but it sounds like fun stuff if you get to go on a trip. :)
Mel
Regular Poster

Return to Dakota's Ridge