*cough cough* "RIPOFF!!!"

*cough cough* "RIPOFF!!!"

Postby Bridie on Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:30 am

GO HERE:

http://www.geocities.com/httgs/GS_home.html

It is imperitive that you at least LOOK at it.
Tell me if you think we should break his legs. :wink:
Last edited by Bridie on Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
..."And the moral is, Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."
Bridie

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:35 am

Well, although it is flattering to be inspired by us, they still are copying us, a lot... although we dont really have anything to worry about, they dont have anything on us.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby ENGIMa on Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:16 am

No one stands a chance against httg. You guys seem to some how consistently come up with the goods time and time again. That and you have an established fan base after only a number of months ...
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Bridie on Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:00 am

Please. He'll need to at least learn to spell before he'd even scratch the comic genious that is httg.
But, whats to stop us doing a little leg-breaking? Huh?
Hehe, lets break legs!
Bridie

Postby ENGIMa on Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:47 am

if sucking up means that i have that little extra chance of cashing in on any part of their (possible) future fame then im all for it :P
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Kenda sucor on Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:57 am

yeah i just read one of their comic and it doesnt make sense. one guy says somethin about growing old the other says he feel the need to show him the alternative but doesnt and thats the end. what the hell??
next on fox: Slow Children, Fast animals.
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:01 pm

who the fuck r u? GET LOST. also, learn how to spell, man.

and haz, im gonna rape that bastard that stole the idea. what a loser

oh yeah, illegal software is one thing, plagarism is another. so get some real points b4 u critisize ppl
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:03 pm

y dont u just grow up, man. i was stateing how mad i am that his idea was ripped off. but i spoke to the fella that has the site, and there is no hard feelings. now just shutup and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. is that too hard?
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:52 pm

oh yeah, and it wasnt concerning u either. so it would be that fella who would be reporting me or whatever, not u. but theres no hard feelings. so u cant do anything about it
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:42 am

They arent entirely ripping us off, they have orriginal ideas, maybe except for comic 2? Just the characters and some concepts are very similar. Though it could be put down to coincidence, however, Posts of threatening nature and so on arent very appropriate, any further posts of this nature, on this thread, will be removed.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Kenda sucor on Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:16 am

what is ur problem man?
relax ok bring it down a notch take a deep breathe and a second to look at what ur sayin.
ur threatening someone u dont even know for doin what almost everyone who uses the internet does with some law that i know ive never heard of and im sure no one else here has.(if a sentence that long can make sense)
and why u stickin up for these guys so much r u their mother or somethin?
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Bridie on Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:41 am

OK... Everyone settle down.
(Especially the writer of that rip-off comic who's pretending to be one of their fans... sheesh, yeah right.)
Look, this isnt your forum, just let us have our idle discussion. We are merely sharing our opinions here. You need not fret, we are only kidding when we say we might break your 'friends' legs. There is nothing threatening behind it, you may wish to look at the winky face. Dont just waltz in here and blow your head off at us, we are as entitled to our opinions as you. You dont belong here, share your opinions, thats fine. Dont go telling us how to run our forum. If you think Mitch should get into trouble, thats ok. No need to explode. Theres a rational way of handling everything. No need to call us names, like 'twirps', which you spelled incorrectly. Having an opinion that contradicts yours does not make us 'shallow minded' 'buttholes' deserving of a bullet to the face. You can throw all that namecalling rubbish into the flame-room, alrighty?
By the way - we are here because we like httg, thats the point, remember?
Hope you find a forum thats more your style, wish you much luck! :)
Bridie

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:42 am

u da man kenda! booyah
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kenda sucor on Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:06 am

8) i know i know 8) . (sorry for spammin couldnt resist)
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:35 pm

where to begin, where to begin...
1. i must state that i just love their name "Concerned Citizen", it's just so reflecting of their personality. Kinda grannyish though.

2. International Laws, :lol: yeh rightio then, i dunno if they are really laws, prob are,but like neones gonna care about sum lil sarcastic comment mitch made on sum forum. next thing you know mitch he'll be claiming he's from the FBI, and that you are really a wanted criminal in all states!

...get yourself a real argument with real facts Its one thing to pick a fight but its another thing to pick a fight with someone who knows the law. So calm down and shut up.
hmm hello, you came on this site to pick a fight. And like you have tha right to tell him to shut up, this is not your site, you do not belong here, you have no right to insult us, so run along and play some more cops and robbers.

4. I'm willing to bet that every single one of you whiney spindely twerps has over $500 of illegal software on you PC, so who are you to talk about ripping off.
Yes, i'd like to take you up on that bet thankyou.
Don't generalise when you don't know tha facts! Aren't you a bit hypercritical? seeing as you said:
get yourself a real argument with real facts.
You don't have the real facts, you come in here and claim stuff that you have absolutely no factual evidence for.
Yes it think that is rather hypercritical.
Oh and while we are on the subject of laws, i'm sure you've heard of the slander law. Yes, that is a widely known law and, geez i think you are breaking it Mr/Ms (woteva) "law contradicting concerned citizen"

Ok that's enough for now i think, although i could go on forever, pointing out all your mistakes, contradictions, wrongful accusiations etc etc. oh and speaking of mistakes, learn to spell!
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:44 pm

ur absolutley right kaz.

dont delete the site, man. theres no need. maybe just get a more original name for the site or somethin...something so it doesnt look like a rip off from httg.

yeah like i said to u on msn, at least u put a link to httg and explained it.

anyway ive kooled down about the subject, but that idiot that threatens me has walked into a loaded gun
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:58 pm

yer i agree, i have nuthing really against the site never did, like u did admit that u got ur ideas from HTTG, so that's ok.
But this "concerned citizen", hehe yer u betta be concerned, concerned about your health coz when we get thru wif u....
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Rayor on Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:17 pm

Bridie wrote:Please. He'll need to at least learn to spell before he'd even scratch the comic genious that is httg.

You're obviously forgetting how "well" Ben spells, eh?

Mitch: You're telling this person to learn how to spell, well at least they can use grammar.

Concerned citizen: Isn't it fun to waltz into forums with unsuspecting victims and mess things up a bit? It sure is funny to watch.

The creator of this "rip-off" may have taken a few ideas, but, like "Concerned citizen" pointed out, it's not as if Hail to the Geek is the first of it's kind (no offense guys, you know I love your comics).

This "rip-off" comic seems mostly to be full of "you had to be there" jokes. This site is harmless, do you think it could take visitors away from Hail to the Geek? I think not. And it's blatently obvious they're not in it for the money.

Stolen software and stolen ideas are like apples and oranges. How much could you sell an idea for?

Kenda: If you hadn't heard of a law, could you still get arrested for it?

and he replied to me saying that gs was just designed to be a bit of a laugh for him and his friends, personal jokes you know, people with friends and lives have them often.

ZING! *ahem*

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning "Concerned citizen"s actions, but I think perhaps you people (I'll refrain from swearing) need to settle down and look at the facts before you talk about breaking legs and the like (and yes, I am aware that you were never intending on hurting anybody).

And seriously, some of you people need to learn how to argue (offense intended, but not to Ben, Haz, Kaz, Michael or eNGIMa or Sparks).
Rayor
Regular Poster

Postby Kenda sucor on Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:34 am

yeah i guess u got a point bout the whole law thing rayor so i guess ill shutup
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:04 am

*scratches head* vat da? did i use bad grammar? hmmm
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Next

Return to hail to the geek