Counterstrike & the Sniper

Counterstrike & the Sniper

Postby Bridie on Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:55 am

:o was my expression when I saw the news yesterday.

Pictures of halflife-counterstrike were flashing behind the reporter, who said, '...are pointing the finger at computer games, such as this." (Ofcourse, talking about the american sniper killings and trying to blame it on counterstrike.)

"OUTRAGEOUS!" Is what I say. When there are games that involve snipering innocent people for points, I wouldnt have attacked counterstrike of all games for a start. Do you think our beloved games are turning people into psychotic mass-murdering criminals of destruction? I sure as hell dont think so.

Does this piss you off too?
..."And the moral is, Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."
Bridie

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:32 pm

hmm is there an echo in here? *drum kit thing*.......*a few coughs and yells*

anyway, i reckon its ridiculous, id say 99% ppl dont get influenced by games and go psycho, but it does happen. i had to do an assignment on a psycho, and i did a teenager that mimmiced ned kelly or something aaaaaaaaaages ago, and he went on rampages, but he got killed hahaha sucka. oh yeah ned kelly got 14 shots to the legs from feds...ouch
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:48 am

well, I have to say that i have my fair share against counterstrike, and playing it for lengthy periods would probably drive me to kill someone, an attack on games, is an attack on Haz, The media is stupid to blame games, they should first get some idea of you know, what the fuck theyre talking about before they go off and accuse games, this guy probably doesnt even play games, because the chances are that the sniper is some form of crazy gypsie, as penny arcade has stated.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Burnzy on Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:29 am

Damn people always blaming us geeks for going insane from playing computer games and killing people just because your usual psycotic is classified as obsesive and had troubles with having a social life. Your average gamer is obsessed with games and usually hasn't got a social life.
If they only knew that most gamers are to afraid of the sun to go outside to try anything like that and most arn't campers.
"The sheep shall be the first sign.
Those that frolic and hop will detonate with great concussions,
The strongest glues shall not hold them, their suffering will go unheeded,
Until the great Triangles depart."
From the Lost Centuries of Nostradamus: Quatrain v11.5
Burnzy

Postby ENGIMa on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:33 pm

Bloody reporters. Every single time there is some violent act committed people are quick to blame the gaming industry. For some reason they believe that red pixels induce violent behaviours in people. A while back Id software had to hire some lawyers to defend against some lawsuit from the Columbine high school shootings. The game that they were using as a basis? DOOM OF ALL THINGS.

In any case. The american sniper is obviously bloody skilled. I mean you dont just pick up a sniper rifle and have a 1:1 ratio of shots to hits. To do that you have to have trained.

Anyway ive got no coherent structure to my ravings so ill just post what i was intending. Go here http://www.fepproject.org/courtbriefs/stlouis.html to see a document that goes a long way in proving the gaming industries innocence.

btw, you would think that in order to stop the violence america would have the sense to restrict weapon access.
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:59 pm

engima, the sniper had the back seets taken out/could be taken out so he could lay down, and there was a hole in the trunk of the car. he picked off ppl from a close range (it wasnt a sniper rifle, practically a small auto rifle with a scope) so its not that hard to miss, cause he got em close. then the other person would speed off...it was some afro-american dude and his 17 yr old step son.

anyway, its all rubbish that they blame video games on violence. some ppl can be so stupid
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Bridie on Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:37 am

Yeah, I mean its not like you see the old-school nerds who used to be hooked on pacman, locked up in a dark room eating hundreds of pills and listening to very repetitive music... Hang on...
Ha ha ha. :wink:
..."And the moral is, Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."
Bridie

Postby ENGIMa on Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:23 am

its not that hard to miss, cause he got em close.

Hmmm. From memory, and i may be wrong, the sniper managed to hit every single one of his victims. That in itself is difficult. You can't just pick up a rifle and shoot, you have to at least have a modicum of training. There is a reason people shoot hundreds of bullets in order to gain accuracy.
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:43 pm

just hitting them doesnt mean he doesnt pelt 5 bullets at him, then hit him afterwards. we dont know that he used one shot for each of them.

and yeah i think the fella was a retired marine/army person i cant remember.

anyway i said that his son drove off when he killed them, but i dont think thats true. cause the son said 'he should die because he killed innocent ppl'...but if he helped, why would he say that? so he couldnt have anyway. mb
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:05 am

aust gov is worse. far worse
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Casumsiguess on Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:33 pm

Geez, that must be horrible. Its always assumed that America is so glamorous and that we have this wonderful government, but I hate our government more than anything. It is so unorganized and unjust. Nothing I can do about that for a while though.
"It's not my fault! SHUT UP!"
"One ah ah ah ah, Two ah ah ah ah"
One by one the penguines steal my sanity.
You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
I fling poo.
~pretty pretty dancy~
Casumsiguess

Return to hail to the geek