Console vs. Computer - What say you?

Console or PC

Console
40%
Computers
60%

Total votes : 10

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:40 pm

wtf?! u said warez ARE legal only if..blah blah. well they're not. the terms are that u can delete them 24 hrs blah blah but its still illegal.

Downloading a free copy of Office XP, QuarkXPress, PageMaker, or other "Appz", "Roms" or "Gamez" from Warez download sites is software piracy regardless of its purpose of use and is forbidden by law. Downloading a "Crack" to convert demo or trial versions of applications is software Hacking and is also forbidden by law.

Software piracy can subject an individual to arrest and criminal prosecution, with fines up to US$250,000 and prison terms of up to five years. User's IP Addresses are often recorded on access logs of these web sites. Should such sites be investigated by law authorities, each user downloading pirated software is in the grounds for trouble. The drawback of downloading from these sites and using pirated software is quite simple: Pirated products can carry viruses and almost never come with user manuals. In addition, consumers cannot receive technical support for pirated software.
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:40 pm

actually you can take saved games on emulators, its called a "save state" and when you load that state it will be exactly the same as where you saved it. I know no one deletes them, but if were talking from a legal point of view, whats how things would be done.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:42 pm

no no no i mean that when u play, for example, ur ps2 and save ur state, then play ur pc with the same game, u will have to start over, which downgrades the gameplay if its a game which needs to be saved *falls over on ground and breathes heavily*
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:44 pm

so it may not be as legal as it once seemed. But many sites still have that disclaimer about the whole 24 hour thing, so does this Law affect only warez websites or everything? Besidesthats beside the point, you CAN get mario for PC, and many games have PC versions aswell, like tomb raider, and mortal kombat and all those
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:48 pm

yeah thats what i thought (regarding 24 hrs...then i came across that statement). its on all warez and downloads etc, like kazaa. cause its impeeching the licenses from Microsoft etc. umm what mario are we talking about? im thinkin the recent ones like mario sunshine/luigis mansion (shadap luigi is still mario based lol)/super mario 64 etc etc
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Rayor on Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:54 am

Cost to keep up to date with consoles - approx $600 every 4-5 years.
Cost to keep up to date with computers - approx $400 every 1.5 years.
Watching an old man try to set up a VCR - priceless.
GO BANANA!
Rayor
Regular Poster

Postby Bridie on Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:33 am

*laughs*
*giggles*
*wipes tear from eye*
Yes, indeed... Priceless.
..."And the moral is, Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."
Bridie

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:27 pm

HAHAHHAAHHAAH RAYOR! oh man that is priceless. btw consoles arent that expensive. try 300-400 or 50 bucks if ur me. booyah
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

cmon consoles

Postby Kenda sucor on Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:13 am

first i would like to say xboxes' rock. doont start with the "its made by microsoft and has heaps of poota parts in it." BULLSHIT its like got one thing from pootas after that its 100% console and all who say not ill shove an xbox controller where the sun dont shine and judging by how chunky they r u dont want that.
hey harley why dont u shut up i just started readin and u said at the start that its impossible to play a fps on a console yet u have played halo some. u say that u can change poota controls? crap on that u say u cant do that on consoles. theres like good shape controls to so u use ur thumb for like more than one fuckin key. and who cares if a poota game sucked on ps2. ps2s r gay. xbox all the way. yeah i guess consoles do suck at rpgs but a d&d game is comin out on xbox i think it should be interesting.(hopefully it wont bring back memories of pool of radience.
i support consoles bein good for multiplayers but thats for ppls like me whos dads think that im gunna wreck my poota as soon as i step out our door with it.its as if itll explode if i walk outside or somethin.
and mitch u think widescreen goldeneye is cool try widescreen surround sound halo.
and who cares bout a poota for like $800 when u can get an xbox 2 controls and 4 games... wait make that 5 games for less.(bout $10 less but its still less.) 8) 8) 8)
and whats this crap about having the rom and the consoles game? why ,in the seventh circle of HELL would u take the time of downloadin a game if u already have it on console. u really need a lesson in prioritys. if u have a choice tween 2 games and u already own one on console pc or as a rom why would u get a different version of that game. i dont get it.
i know what u mean bout old ppl and any kind of technology.
and i see my post is already kinda long so ill finish by sayin harley is right that halo will rock on pc and just keep in mind that when it comes out i am already king of halo so i will rule over my kingdom and all who dare challenge me will be put in a small room with The Hunters which are enemies in halo that are 12 foot tall, made of metal, have a huge shield and a cannon that they ripped of the side of the spaceship. and i wont tell u how to kill them so there. cyas
next on fox: Slow Children, Fast animals.
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

halo 2

Postby Kenda sucor on Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:34 am

just on the last thing i said bout halo on pc id just like to say that by the time it comes out on pc ill be about to or already playin halo 2 so i wont have time to beat u at a game so old sorry harley :lol: :D :) :P 8)
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:28 am

booyah dats one for the good guys 8)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kenda sucor on Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:34 am

hey mitch all we need now it 2 more ppl to vote for consoles then were fixed. but who hmmmm
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:19 am

I began to read your post and lost intrest when it stopped making sense, wich was about 3 secconds into it. So ill raise the point of the Xbox, they are little computers, and the majority of components are found in computers, hard drives, RAM and motherboards and so on, but, these cannot be updated and will be outdated, in fact, they already are outdated.
Theyre a good console, and would be my console of choice, mainly because of the fact, give it a keyboard and mouse and its a computer. With extremely limmited capabilities.

Oh yes, when halos out on PC id gladly mop the floor with you, I gots the SkillZ and j00 Don't.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:36 am

nice ego u got there, haz 8)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:43 am

when halo does eventually come out on pc haz, ages after x-box, geez slow releasin pc games :P
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Burnzy on Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:54 am

But do we PC players really need Halo now we have UT 2003.

Seriously the games you like to play will determine what you like consoles or PC. If you like a broader range of games PC is the way to go though I don't think there is enought fighting games released for PC, I want to see how the one must fall game will turn out though.
Your argument mitch about the controls doesn't really enter into it you can get game pads for your PC for a reasnobably price among them is the claw which would be so nice to have.
"The sheep shall be the first sign.
Those that frolic and hop will detonate with great concussions,
The strongest glues shall not hold them, their suffering will go unheeded,
Until the great Triangles depart."
From the Lost Centuries of Nostradamus: Quatrain v11.5
Burnzy

Postby ENGIMa on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:53 pm

doont start with the "its made by microsoft and has heaps of poota parts in it." BULLSHIT its like got one thing from pootas after that its 100% console and all who say not ill shove an xbox controller where the sun dont shine and judging by how chunky they r u dont want that.

... it shares 99% of its architecture with a modern PC. But the Xbox lacks some PC components (keyboard and mouse interfaces, PC-like BIOS, ...), has some others in addition (a controller for buttons, LEDs, ...) and differs in implementation in some aspects (kernel in ROM, boot sequence, hard disk partitioning, timer frequency, shutdown, ...)
(The above post is from http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/faq.php)

Im gonna _really_ regret this but ... An XBox IS a computer. It has almost total computer parts. There is a PIII chip, there is a (kinda) normal HDD, there is RAM, there are USB ports. Hell, people even have x86 versions of Linux running on it. Its _pretty_much_ a standard PC.

hey harley why dont u shut up i just started readin and u said at the start that its impossible to play a fps on a console yet u have played halo some

It is indeed possible to play an FPS on a console. However. Nothing can match the precision of a mouse/keyboard combo. You dont get that sort of control with ANY sort of gamepad.

On a side note, Halo was originally developed for PC. It uses DirectX as do all other XBox games. There is very little difference on the programming side of things (it would take only a couple of days to get a straight alpha or beta port of Halo on to the PC). The reason that games such as Halo arent released for PC are mostly political or managerial.
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:09 am

i agree. keyboards and mouses are very accurate, but when it comes down to thing, consoles arent 'shit house' at aiming. its resposive, and u can still aim around by pressing buttons or whatever the game is configed to do
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby ENGIMa on Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:17 pm

Consoles are indeed responsive, i give you that. But you cant honestly say that you havent been bloody frustrated at the fact that you cant turn that tiny little bit to the left or right at some point in time. With a PC the precision is unparalleled. You point, you go _exactly_ where you wanted to. Plus with a keyboard you get about another hundred buttons that you dont get on a console ;)
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:02 pm

yeah but the gameplay doesnt run freely with keyboard, because its meant for typing not games. consoles have joysticks and perfectly positioned buttons for easy gameplay. yeah u can get accurate with the keyboard and mouse, same with the controller. it comes down to ur exp on the game
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to hail to the geek