Console
40%
Computers
60%

Total votes : 10

pfft

Postby Lord_ben on Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:55 am

PC gaming fo' life.
granted, NES is king of the lounge room, but what about lans and online play? im not gonna spend like 600 smackers on a XBOX modem.
PCs can play all console games anyhow, and consoles allow for no modding or cusomization...PCs deftinately gets my vote.
Lord_ben
Regular Poster

Postby Lord_ben on Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:59 am

"Consoles r good for mulitplayer "

oh my god. can you say SPLIT SCREEN?

consoles arent built for multiplay, computers are! the whole "cables and sockets" thing merely serves to keep the ignorant away from lans....
consoles are good, but PCs are far superiour.
Lord_ben
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:10 am

oh my god. can you say WIDE SREEN TV?
haha even split, tha screens still a good size
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:15 am

yeah fucken pc screen sucks. ive got a good surround sound tv which is wicked playing like multiplayer goldeneye, or just metal gear solid.
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:27 am

I have a real fast computer thats designed for playin games, has excellent multiplayer, may be a smaller screen but it least its 100% yours. The PS2, dont get me started on that, really poor design and the same amount of power as a flat battery, the only reason i would look at a PS2 is Final Fantasy 10, everything else about the PS2 is hella lame, the weakest of the new generation consoles, as far as multiplay consoles go, xbox is the only one with a LAN feature, but for it to be any good, you need about 6 TV's 6 Xboxes and 6 copies of one particular game. To multiplay on a computer you need: 1) A computer 2) A modem, and there you go. Consoles were apparantly designed to play games, so what if they are, they still wont play games no where near as good as a computer.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:31 am

yeah and how much did ur computer cost with all the shit in it? and the network card? and the cables? and the many sockets? and the power failure when u have a lan? case closed.

oh and who gives a fuck about lan on consoles? get over lans. multiplayer is sweet ass for racing games and anything. u only need one console to play multiplayer. not 2+ computers with shitty lag (from network) and power shortage thingo (exaggerating, but what the heck, haz did it too lol jk)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:55 am

my computer cost about $775 wich is slightly more than what your PS2 and your controllers and your memory cards and your tv would of cost, if not less, if you ask anyone that goes to LAN's what the deal is you will be beaten to a bloddy pulp... by many raging nerds, to get the same multiplayer experience you need multiple xboxes and such, because split screens suck hard. and you can have about 8 times more people playing, more people = more fun.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:03 am

nope my consoles were 50 bucks each son, i got contacts lol. ive got mod chips for them as well. plus why the hell would i buy a tv just for games? i dont have to buy one of those cause everyone has them.

yeah lans r ok but they lag ur ass down, and there r dickheads that hack and be fuckheads.

whats with u and split screen? worried that they can see what ur doin? it doesnt downgrade the gameplay at all if ur not worried about idiots watching u.

oh yeah i just realised, consoles r online now. online multiplayer games on the console. so basically now they ARE computers that are networked. only difference, no upgrades, less money, less power, less graphic capability (depends on ur computer, and depends on how often u have to upgrade the fucker)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Burnzy on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:04 am

some reasons in point formso easy reading

1) The TV may be bigger but you are sitting much further away so in reality there around the same viewing and you resolutiong on your TV is nothing to what my crummy 15 inch is constantly in.

2) Split screen in a first person shooter can you say screen look to the max can't do no tricky sneaking up on the other people.

3) Surround sound again plug you PC into the stereo sytem and can anyone say nice sound.

4) 4 players is just not enough for some games with first persons there is nothing like a nice blood bath of ten human people and as much as the server can take by way of bots.

5) Again with the the lack of button options I could not see the clasic mech, flight done on console fullly nowhere need the naumber of buttons needed to get the job done and not to mention if htey put NWN on a console where would you get the combos for the 36 quickslots.

Not saying consoles are bad looking forward to some 4 player dungeons and dragons heroes after the HSC but if I had to choose.
"The sheep shall be the first sign.
Those that frolic and hop will detonate with great concussions,
The strongest glues shall not hold them, their suffering will go unheeded,
Until the great Triangles depart."
From the Lost Centuries of Nostradamus: Quatrain v11.5
Burnzy

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:09 am

1) who sits very far away from the screen? no1. plus its not equivilent to the size of a pc screen if its a big assed tv mofo like mine

2) thats a downa, but who cares if u know ur better then them? but the ps2 is now online so u can play against others without the trouble of split screen

3) its not as good when the pc screen is tiny, and if u change the res it lags. so tvs r better

4) read #2

5) good point. but with a game that u only need to change weps, straff, move, keyboards STINK. consoles r much easier to move without having to fuck around looking for the keys/ wasting time moving ur hand from mouse to num pad to all over the place

case closed lol
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Lord_ben on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:16 am

ugh...IDIOTS that type before they think.
shh- the adults are speaking now
Lord_ben
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:18 am

wtf r u on about? lol. nah seriously, nice spam.

another thing = tv resolution is better than PC shiaza
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Lord_ben on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:29 am

okay, fools. listen to someone who knows what he is talking about.

you go on about price. THEN you say console multiplay is good on a "WIDE SCREEN TV". tha costs ALONE more than a computer and console put together.
you have obviously never been to a lan, so dont demean the experience. you get there, plug cat5 into you netty card and into a hub. POW! your on the network! and hackers? once again, youve never been to a lan.

if you waste time looking for keys on a keyboard after youve been using them repeatedly in a game, maybe computers arent for you. thats right. go out and bounce a ball or something.

you also say shit about obsolete hardware. you can upgrade that. when consoles go obsolete, the whole PLATFORM is obsolete. i have seen suspiciously few mega drive games lately. you cant upgrade your consoles to play other console games.

then theres the whole platform thing. i want to play mario on a playstation. easy! BUY A FUCKING GAMECUBE! wow, only $400! i can play all these games on my PC, probably BETTER, and then do whatever else i want to on my PC at the same time. hey whats this....were on the INTERNET! do that on your console.

you make totaly untrue posts, then call my dismissal spam... go read up on a topic before you comment on it
Lord_ben
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:43 am

Sing it sister, Yeah! Testify!
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:02 am

and harley just deleted my post, just for the good reason of:
[DS] Hazpee says:
my post didnt make sense with that there

n i dont really remember wat it said.....sumthing about we already have a wide screen tv so no neeed to buy one-woteva it was just a rebuttal that i can't be bothered typin again!
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:46 pm

lol i could've sworn u were black for that post, haz...lol!

anyway, ben, like i said, u dont have to buy a tv cause u already have one DUH.

whooah dont get me wrong, lans r good (yes i do go and play them in the city) but id rather not pay for it, since i could play it networked at friends houses. i know there is a sweet experience man, and thats why lans r good. but still its piss weak when it lags and everything else

lol! what im saying is that keyboards arent meant for gaming, hence they suck ass. btw i did try bouncing a ball yesterday and i fucked my shoulder up reaaaal good (bowling at cricket...who cares i took 2 blinding catches hahaha)

lol it doesnt matter, because u have the games and it doesnt need to be upgraded. then when that console doesnt sell or the games for that console dont sell, u would have a new console, possibly more. well i do, and thats just an example

heh, good luck trying to find mario on PC. u cant play it if its not available

yeah what topics?! tell me what topics then...about the internet games on ps2? thats true, go read it for urself. if its anything else, why not have told me in that post instead of just paying me out and not proving it
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:16 pm

Okay, im gunna make this quick

1. you most likely havent been to a PROPPER LAN
2. It lags for you because youre trying to run graphically demanding games on a celeron 500
3. Keyboards are just about as meant for gaming as I am.
4. by the time you buy all those consoles you could of gotten a real good computer that was still up to date with all the money you blew.
5. PC's can get next to all console games if you know where to look, its called EMULATION.

That is all.

Edit: Im Sure all of these things have already been discussed.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:23 pm

1) proper lan = 100 computers with asians :x smoking and ruining the place? yes i have.

2) i didnt say i use my computer, it lags because of the gay internet connection and network

3) didnt make sense at all, they r meant for typing not for hardcore gaming stuff.

4) i prefer consoles, this is the whole argument

5) yeah id like to see u try and download any recent console roms and emus. u cant find the consoles, because theres a massive crackdown on that stuff now. i can find gba emu, not roms ne more because they have been taken down, and if u find them its pot luck cause they will be terminated soon enough. if u find the iso's/roms, look at the download. its hundreds of mb for just 1 game - not even worth it. u can get old stuff like snes, but rarely new stuff like ps2/xbox/gamecube, and if u do, good for u. but this emulation era wont last long, believe me. i search and download roms all the time, and play them (hence u see me online all day)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:28 pm

there are tons of warez sites you can get those from, its not hard. ROM's are perfectly legal, as long as you delete them after 24 hours of the download, you can keep it if you posess the actual game though, you could

a) cheat the system and not delete it
b) get the ROM and get the game aswell so its like buying a console game for PC.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:30 pm

1) no shit sherlock

2) why would u want to use them for both anyway? u wouldnt be able to keep ur saved games or whatever on both. but its a good point anyway...

u have to delete them 24 hrs after, and thats only if u already have the console game. how shit is that! no1 does it anyway.
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to hail to the geek