Console vs. Computer - What say you?

Console or PC

Console
40%
Computers
60%

Total votes : 10

Postby Burnzy on Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:16 am

Still have to point out to mitch here that who ever said you have to use a keyboard to play games the claw is something that when use with a mouse is fairly ultimate for your gameplay needs. It is a bit bigger then the average hand but so is the Xbox controler. The claw has got 2 buttons for each finger for use ten butons for your gaming needs within finger reach at all times and you still have a mouse in your right hand for your accuracy and more buttons.
"The sheep shall be the first sign.
Those that frolic and hop will detonate with great concussions,
The strongest glues shall not hold them, their suffering will go unheeded,
Until the great Triangles depart."
From the Lost Centuries of Nostradamus: Quatrain v11.5
Burnzy

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:49 pm

hey yeah ive seen that thing b4, but still console controllers r much more simple to use
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kenda sucor on Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:49 am

oi whoever it was who said the kinda precision u get on mouse and keyboard u cant get on console is wrong. in on xbox coz of the 2 sticks one does what the keyboard does (forwards and strafe) and the other does what the mouse does (look etc) plus u can push them in to zoom etc so they double as buttons. harley knows its true.
next on fox: Slow Children, Fast animals.
Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:42 am

It is true, however its a lot easier to excecute movment with one hand, shoot with the other, instead of having to move with both hands and shoot with a hand aswell
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby ENGIMa on Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:29 pm

The simple fact is that joysticks are less precise. Its possible to move a mouse at any speed, at any time, in any direction much more quickly and accurately. Simply put, nothing beats the precision of the mouse in view movement.

If you wanna get technical its probably because mice have a flat surface and move linearly over them, movement of the mouse corresponds directly into world movements. With console joysticks the movement speed is based upon the joystick position, which means that you can not simply move the cursor you have to "speed" the cursor to the position you need.

I admit that keyboards arent the greatest but hey, you have a hundred keys to press. Surely you can find a suitable layout with that many ;)
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Rayor on Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:24 pm

Mitch, is it just me, or does it seem like you always try to argue a point, then when you realise you've been beaten, try and argue another, more rediculous point?
GO BANANA!
Rayor
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:38 am

LoL, good point. sorry to spam, but i wanted to show how much i appreciated Rayors insight :)
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:06 am

it is a valid point, but theres pros and cons for everything so no1 can win.
arguing is good...
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby ENGIMa on Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:10 am

Sure its possible to win. Same way I win Linux arguments. No one is left to argue against me. No more counter arguments means I win. Same deal here, once you get sick of arguing I win! :)
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:38 pm

mmmmm...fanny...
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:21 pm

ok how about, let's not go there. i spent all day discussin tha guys wankin' comp i really dont need that... mitch arent u entirely against any sexually related act?
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:03 am

consoles arent just good for shooting games fool...

anyway, kaz. whered u pull that?
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:45 am

ok consoles are like madly, but then so are coms...but then so are consoles, lol i could go on 4 eva
n mitch u told me that, u said that ur not emotionally ready for sex, blah blah people our age shouldnt have sex blah blah. Lol doesnt that remind u of a lecture by sumone? no wait even our sex lecturers dont say that, they are more encouraging about sexin sumone. lol.
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:49 pm

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY FUCKKKKKKINGGGGGGGG GODDDDDDDDDD. BLURT OUT PERSONAL THINGS WHY DONT U?!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCK HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA ur such a dope. anyway i said that i dont believe ppl OUR age arent ready for sex, thats just my thingo. mainly because fuckheads get drunk and do it because they think they r cool. do u fellars have dickheads that wear their pants so low and socks up, and think they r cool? well brissie folk r full of these lemmings, and i hate it, and they should think before they act. i have a friend who is a father already, with a 2 yr old child, who is nameless. hes a druggo as well. what a dead shit. so think b4 u act ppl (in general, im not pointing fingers)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:37 am

I like COMPUTERS because COMPUTERS are cool, this thread is about COMPUTERS and CONSOLES and SO ON. Not about young people having children, make those decisions, youll be screwed if you choose incorrectly.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:28 pm

oh shit hahaha how much has this thread gone off topic
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to hail to the geek