Console or PC

Console
40%
Computers
60%

Total votes : 10

Console vs. Computer - What say you?

Postby Hazpee on Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:13 am

So, ive decided to start the arguement, Do you like consoles or computers?

I personally like computers, because they are better... duh! Faster, Updateable, better graphics sound and so on, all consoles are little mini computers that suck.

While I am not totally opposed to console gaming, PC is far better, although you cant beat the old NES, oh wait, yes you can! a NES Emulator!
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Bridie on Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:48 am

Hmm... I remember quite a few years back, when NES was the 'coolest' new thing out, and the closest thing I had to a PC was a... *glup* LC 575 apple. *Hangs head in shame.* I had the NES, and later the Super nintendo, so Im not one to boycott the console.
But seriously, what are they good for? MARIO... Aside from a few other classics, thats about it.
PC emulators of old console games just dont cut it, but thats old school. If you wanna play a decent game, PC kicks the crap out of its equivalent game in console. Its completely irrefutable, & anyone who disagrees is nothing but a whiney mouth-whore. The speed, the graphics, the sound, I'm PC all the way!
..."And the moral is, Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."
Bridie

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:40 pm

hey dont mock consoles. they r meant for games, and games alone. plus the keyboard SUCKS ASS for playing games. the console games r made for advanced controls thats not FUCKED IN THE HEAD. ummm oh yeah, u dont need heaps of sockets for the wall, just a tv and 1 socket. graphics r fine. who gives a fuck if they aint perfect, because PC's r far from it.

plus dont give me shit about my crap computer, because i dont play that many pc games. i only use it for homework, msn, and internet. might i add i have cable internet. booyah. so eat that.

dont dis the console games, because most of the games r released onto pc. so the games ur playing r actually console games....also, there are classics that u can only get on console like mario (except for the mofo emulators (which i love)), metal gear, gran turismo oh man theres so many good games.

whiney mouth whore? eat my shit bitch. dont try to prove that consoles suck, because they dont and we both know it. and im not saying that pc's suck, they r great. sure they have a little bit better graphics, but the gameplay is better.

the speed...it runs smoothly dumbass. why would u want a game that runs 10x the speed that is possible for u to react? plus its meant to be this speed.

BIRDIE, ur bein such a obstinant fuck, so shut ur mouth
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:52 am

How about you shut up Mitch, no one cares, the graphics and gameplay are unrivaled, so is the multiplayer, it is impossible to play a FPS on console, ive got a lot of consoles, and they just sit on the shelf and do nothing, if i spent that money on computer parts id be a much happier man, with cables nd such, you can get just about wireless everything now days, mice, keyboards, speakers, headphones, hubs. PC's are much more flexable, sure they can be harder to use, but theyre only hard to use for stupid people. Metal gear was good, but it wasnt spectacular anyway, UT2003... Now theres somethin special. I could safely say that all of console games now days are made with Computers.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Rayor on Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:12 am

I voted Console, but most likely the largest reason for that is the fact that I have been using this same shitty computer for 4 or 5 years. But in any case, each gaming device carries it's own set of pros and cons. Eg computers are more expensive and require updating more often. Consoles need to be updated less often but don't have the latest and greatest of everything. Etc etc, the list goes on and on. In the end it comes down to a person's level of knowledge with computers, how much money a person has to blow and generally personal preference.

Thank you.
GO BANANA!
Rayor
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:34 am

thank you rayor.

anyway, games r made for consoles, then they clean up the scraps and put it on pc.

fps? u dont need fucken fps in console. wat up wit dat?

dont give me shit sayin im unco and not good at games. im saying pc isnt great for playing 'advanced' games, because of the shithouse controls. console's own that. then again, pc's own in other parts. etc etc. both have pros and cons. so fuck up about pc bein better, because it depends on the person u ask
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:53 am

If a op of the line retail PC got into a fight with the top console, wich is an XBox,its a known fact that the PC kicks its ass at least 4 times over, graphics, sound, speed, performance and so on, consoles are just little mini PC's with control pads. they keyboard and mouse rock over any control pad, you can configure them to your liking, and the mouse gives to best accuracy and speed in an FPS Game, When Halo comes out for PC, that will be a lot better than the xbox version, ecause its a lot easier to play, the worst control would have to be the nintendo 64... I hate those things.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:58 am

ffs get over the gay assed idea about pc's that r better. it costs fuckin heaps of money to continuously upgrade the shit to keep it up to date. with a console u dont have to, because the games r especially made for that speed, that graphics capability or whatever. plus u cant say that pc's shit all over consoles, thats ridiculous.

oh yeah, another console game that is being released on pc. yep i knew it
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:03 am

There have been a lot of PC games beign re-done for console, i dont see why they bother, they just tone down the graphics and the quality of the game so that the poor console people can enjoy the high life, UT was released for PS2, man that sucked. And UT2003 is comming out for Xbox under the name of Unreal Championship.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:08 am

fucken hell dont be a dumbass. dont call ppl with consoles poor. u have consoles, so ur poor. well thats what u implied. oh yeah, that means im poor. not really

anyway, i forgot my fucken point hahaha. oh yeah heres another, consoles arent that cheap, nor r the games. so dont call ppl poor if thats what they have.
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:52 am

oh, i must be poor too coz i have a console. oh but wait i also have a computer, wait more then 1 computer...geez, am i poor still or wah?

hey i have about every possible computer game there is (my bro has connections :P) n i would rather play the games on console neday. if u wanna play a game, like foe real, consoles are tha way to go.

Computers were not designed just for playing games. Consoles were designed just to play games. Lemme see, wouldnt' tha machine that was designed to play games on be betta? :lol:

{yes i know sum person most likely harley, yes harley is gonna write sum lil comment about how my opinion sux n trash everything i say, just below me...well i dont care, my opinion stays!}
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:01 am

Actually, YOUR computers werent made to play games, mine however, is and a lot of people who have computers use them for games, im not saying consoles are worthless and suck and so on, ive spent many happy years with console games, but PC gaming is so much better, this is proven by the reasons i have given earlier in the thread.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Bridie on Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:08 am

((Hey Mitch, seriously, settle down... Did anyone give you shit about your computer in this thread before you made your first post?? NO. Its a new thread. The whiney mouth whore comment was a joke, to show how strongly opinionated and stubborn I am in this topic, and was not at all aimed directly at you. Please quit all this "bitch" name calling and stuff. Its totally unnessecary and really awful. I refuse to spam in this poll anymore, even if I am doing it in brackets. I'll leave you a message in the flame room where itll kinda fit. K? ))

Have to say, (making up for my little and first spam, sorry sorry sorry) purely for the experience of gameplay, console controllers are far superior to the keyboard... I love the console controllers. However, there are those similar replicas of console controllers for PC too. Hey, what the hell, why not own both? ;)
..."And the moral is, Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."
Bridie

Postby ENGIMa on Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:52 pm

The only reason that consoles can even attempt to compete with the graphics of a computer is that they do around 16 times less work than PCs. I forget the exact figures but its something around the lines of 640x480x16 vs 1024x768x32. Its only recently that the hardware of consoles have even had 10% of the features of PCs.
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Burnzy on Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:44 pm

I really like RPG's and I'm sorry to say that it would be very hard to implement a non hack and slash on the console NWN's would be impossible especially if your a mage and need the 36 quickslots.
Thus conoles have there good points can anyone say mario party but computer is still very much needed for the games area some games consoles just can't do.
"The sheep shall be the first sign.
Those that frolic and hop will detonate with great concussions,
The strongest glues shall not hold them, their suffering will go unheeded,
Until the great Triangles depart."
From the Lost Centuries of Nostradamus: Quatrain v11.5
Burnzy

Postby Hazpee on Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:59 pm

god damn i HATE mario party, sure its an ok game, but it would have to be the most painfull to play, tug of war made holes in my hands.
Shut up and Die!
Hazpee
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:31 pm

consoles r good for mulitplayer, cause computers u need even more additions and cords and sockets. i agree that the graphics arent as good, but they r fine. consoles r designed for the games, not for the other shit. the console gameplay make up for the 'crap' graphics (even though they arent crap)
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Postby ENGIMa on Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:10 pm

Consoles r good for mulitplayer
*ahem* Can anyone say 4 players? Compare that to the glorious mayhem of counter-strike back in the days of ag5 ....

[quotes]consoles r designed for the games, not for the other shit.[/quote] *cough* /me looks over at an imaginary XBox. In case you really dont know what im getting at ... an XBox _is_ a computer, complete with same chip/motherboard/graphics combo you could buy locally. I know the XBox isnt everything (or indeed much of anything) but it still represents the way consoles are going.
ENGIMa
Regular Poster

Postby Kaz on Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:02 pm

I'm not saying anything against wat neone said, i'm just stating:

PS2!!!- they are tha best console!

that's in my opinion neways, it's all personal choice :D
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---
Kaz
Regular Poster

Postby Mitch the Sexy Beast on Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:52 pm

no shit, xbox r 'computers', and so are ALL the consoles. they are all classified as 'computers' with the primary function of games, unlike PC's

i agree wit kaz, also the gamecube, xbox, dreamcast r good lol
Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

Next

Return to hail to the geek