coments on comics part 2

Welcome to Alaska, leave your stereotypes at the door and read the "breast" comic around!

Re: Long time no beeping!

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:42 pm

Irish Witch wrote:
CJ Burgandy wrote:INot very few books tick me off, but the last battle did. and it wasn't even the overly preachy christian overtones that ticked me off. It's how he treated Susan.

Last battle was also a very dark book. I mean, it starts with everybody dying! And then they get into narnia (sent there after dying in a huge train accident) and the first thing that happens is a dryad comes stumbling out of the woods, cries for help - then falls to the ground and turns to ashes!

But then the entire series was based not just on his christian views but also as a political statement against the british involvment in the world war, and the role of the catholic church in promoting the war.. The first book was stand alone written in his university days but as I understood it he actually started writing "Lion Witch and Wardrobe" soon after his children were evacuated during the war. Hence the beginning of the story! His opinions on the government of the day were pushed continually throughout the story... And yes, I thought susan being pushed out was terrible but if you read "A horse and his boy" then there was a bit of foreshadowing about the type of woman Susan would grow up to be right there. As well as in Prince Caspian.

It's not actually so much that they push her out, it's more the idea that everyone in her family is now dead. Everyone she loves just died a horrific death, and everyone is happy about it. that just disturbs me deeply.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Codebear on Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:11 pm

hey where has cj been? anyone know?
"Lady look at me i dont know where i am half the time."
Codebear
Regular Poster

Postby CJBurgandy on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:14 pm

I died.

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy

Postby Prettydragoon on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:22 am

NOOOOOOOOO!</vader>

Are you feeling any better now?
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Codebear on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:40 am

you died? no good what happen? hows things up north?
"Lady look at me i dont know where i am half the time."
Codebear
Regular Poster

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:24 am

I've been busy getting ready to leave to CN Expo (I leave Wednesday night) and getting Ginger ready for her herding trial. on top of that, I had a demo at the state fair I did, art work I had to get ready to enter (which it took a blue ribbon!) and at work, I've been working my ass off to get things done so there are as little fuck ups as possible for when I return to work on the 11th.

Just been really really busy.

Plus my new comic will be starting this month, and once I finish the HTML (hopefully tonight) I'll be linking that for you so you can see a taste of it :D

CJBurgandy

Postby Honor on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:54 pm

prettydragoon wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!</vader>

DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!</double translated vader>
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com

Warning: Xenophile.
Honor
Cartoon Hero

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:08 am

OOOh, kicking, YAAAY!
I hope it has horns!
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Burgundy Comics, Inc.