And so it begins...

Welcome to Alaska, leave your stereotypes at the door and read the "breast" comic around!

And so it begins...

Postby Honor on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:46 pm

(x-posted in my LJ)

So... You remember all those of us who've been saying that having a radical right-wing evangelical for a President and a republican majority in both the house and senate might be, from a civil rights point of view, you know... A <i>bad</i> thing?

Well... If there's one thing you gotta love about oppressive religious fanatics, it's that they don't lay around and procrastinate.

The Omnibus Spending Bill has become the host-body to the alien-embroyo-egg of the post-election period's first nibbling attack on reproductive rights. It's not a show stopper, as civil rights violations go, but it is a strong, healthy, and honest beginning at making every attempt to take those rights away.

"It's not so much that we want to violate women's reproductive rights," replied a non-existant but realistic source, when asked about the rider... "We just want to strengthen the abilities of so-called 'medical profesionals' to violate those rights."

Expect this little monster to come bursting out of the host's tummy the moment this "must-pass" measure gets the President's gleefully sanctimonious signature. And, like the alien from the movie I've chosen as an illustration, you can expect a lot more to follow the first one.

No... I'm not going to link anything. Go to your favorite search engine and search "majority rider anti-abortion" and maybe "oppressive white christian plutocracy". [/url]
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com

Warning: Xenophile.
Honor
Cartoon Hero

Postby RantinAn on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:10 pm

Alas, for we're good and fucked now.

*whistles dixie, after all the south won*
RantinAn
Cartoon Hero

Postby RavenxDrake on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:32 am

Don't blame all this shit on the South now. It's primarily Texas' fault to begin with, and we don't claim Texas in the South. I say we trade it back to mexico for some good fajitas.

Which would be even better, cause then it wouln't be part of the US anymore, making Bush inelegibe for the office of President. :)

As for the issue at hand, I say fuck em. It's not up to the fucking government to regulate every fucking part of our lives. I firmly believe that as citizens of the united states(which dosen't apply to those outside of it, obvoiusly, but should) you should have the right do what the fuck ever you want with your life as long as it dosen't impact another's directly in a negative way. But that's just me.
Think the Unthinkable,
Do the Undoable,
"F" the Ineffable,
And Unscrew the Inscrutable.
RavenxDrake
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:58 am

it seems to me, I already had this conversation with my mother today. We talked about politics and for being a Bush supporter, she certinly had a lot of negitives things to say about how he's letting religion over rule his thoughts on politics. (And before you say anything bad about my mother, I'll have you know, the reason she voted Bush was that she's a big ANWR supporter and Kerry wanted to shut down all hope of ANWR. That was the only thing she had against Kerry and today it looks to be the only thing she likes about Bush)

Basically, I (and my mother) agree whole heartively, when religion and politics mixed you get an unconstatutional relapes of why America broke off from England in the first place. She honestly thinks that America will never truely have seperation of Church and State like it's supposed to. Not until the country desolves, which she doesn't think will happen in our life time, and I hope it doesn't. Civil war all over again will be a lot more scary with the weapons the world posseses now a days.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Irish Witch on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:06 am

Meanwhile, it was a man in the front line who became president during the last civil war wasn't it! Just imagine how much fun it would be if you could give old Georgy-boy a bayonette and send him out to fight ;-)
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Postby TheBladeRoden2 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:24 am

I'd make a response but after digging through all the metaphors and insults I could not locate what exactly you were talking about.
"i just want to get back to life, but for that i just need to get dead" -boby
JR Productions Risen: The Forum
TheBladeRoden2
Regular Poster

Postby Squidflakes on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:38 pm

Hey now, lets not all jump on the "Bash Texas" bandwagon. We've produced a fine number of Democrat presidents. Besides, GWB isn't even from here, he's from the North, and went to school at one of your yankee colleges. Yale I believe?
Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:29 pm

did you know if you divided Alaska into 5 almost equal states, Texas would be the 6th largest state in America?

ok, lets get back to talking about abortion and women's rights.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Squidflakes on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:50 pm

Yep. Did you know that 100% of Texas is habitable by humans? ;)
Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain

Postby Toawa on Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:00 pm

cjburgandy wrote:She honestly thinks that America will never truely have seperation of Church and State like it's supposed to. Not until the country desolves, which she doesn't think will happen in our life time, and I hope it doesn't. Civil war all over again will be a lot more scary with the weapons the world posseses now a days.

I'm rather inclined to say that there are going to be problems in this country and all others until, at the very least, we develop FTL travel; that way, every little group can go off an found their own colony on another planet. At least then they'll be too far away to annihilate eachother; or at least the cost will be too high.

I think its very interesting that the 1) the only reason we were able to break away from England in the first place is cause we have the Pond between us, and 2) the US is the only country in the history of the world to separate itself from its parent country with armed conflict, and not immedeatly dissolve into chaos. We were damn lucky, but we've forgotten that.
Toawa, the Rogue Auditor.
(Don't ask how I did it; the others will be ticked if they realize I'm not at their stupid meetings.)
Interdimensional Researcher, Builder, and Trader Extraordinaire
Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Postby RavenxDrake on Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:23 pm

squidflakes wrote:Yep. Did you know that 0% of Texas is habitable by humans? ;)

Fixed

I'm not insulting Texan's specifically, but there is a certain broad generalisation of the so called 'average texan' that Georgie-boy fits to a T. I was simply pointing out that Texas is part of the "midwest" not the south, even though it fits the general stereotype of a southern state.
Think the Unthinkable,
Do the Undoable,
"F" the Ineffable,
RavenxDrake
Cartoon Hero

Postby Squidflakes on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:19 pm

Yea, I understand the stereotype all too well. I wasn't born here, but a lot of the "Texas, Love it or Leave it" is starting to rub off on me.

For all the dumb stuff people attribute to this state, the people are for the most part, very friendly.

That's was always strikes me as odd when I go up North. No one smiles, and no one holds doors open. God, I nodded and said Howdy to a couple of people in New York once, and they acted like I had grown another head. I held the elevator for a woman in Boston, and she refused to get one. Strange people.
Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain

Postby Toawa on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:49 pm

squidflakes wrote:I held the elevator for a woman in Boston, and she refused to get one. Strange people.

It would depend on how many people were on the elevator; if it was just you, and you were a stranger, then she might have seen you as a potential assaulter/rapist.

We're paranoid up here, after all.
Toawa, the Rogue Auditor.
(Don't ask how I did it; the others will be ticked if they realize I'm not at their stupid meetings.)
Interdimensional Researcher, Builder, and Trader Extraordinaire
Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Postby Honor on Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm

squidflakes wrote:Yep. Did you know that 100% of Texas is habitable by humans? ;)

Having lived in texas for quite some time, I'm gonna have to call "bullshit" here.

100% is a bit of an exaggeration unless you are both a water moccasin, a lizzard, and a long-horn steer.

I liked it, though... It definitely had it's fine points.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Honor
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nithos on Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:58 am

Honor wrote:I liked it, though... It definitely had it's fine points.

Most of which were growing on the local plantlife

*runs and hides from the smartass-police*
The Giggling Gallows, spend your last breath laughing.
Nithos
Regular Poster

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:37 am

RavenxDrake wrote:

Fixed

That's still more area then whats inhabitable in Australia!
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Postby RavenxDrake on Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:06 am

Irish Witch wrote:
RavenxDrake wrote:

Fixed

That's still more area then whats inhabitable in Australia!

That's because there's less ravening, venomous wild animals in Texas. Y'know, not counting the Texan's. :)
Think the Unthinkable,
Do the Undoable,
"F" the Ineffable,
RavenxDrake
Cartoon Hero

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:28 pm

while this is true, the other reason is that Central Texus at least gets rain sometimes. Rougly 64.3% of Australia has been devoid of rainfall (recognised world wide as 0mm in the last 150 years). The inland is practically bone dry.. Nothing can survive there other than rock. And anyone who studies geology will know this is because the coast of Australia is ringed with mountains. Cuasing all the rain to drop onto the first so many thousand k's of land and not get any further...
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Postby Goddessmisca on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:56 pm

Next person to bash texas gets a spanking.

I personaly know more cool texans than ones who suck.

thank you.
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Postby Honor on Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:54 pm

Most all the Texans I personally know are very cool people, as well. And, as I've said, I did kinda like the place itself, as well...

But, gee, Misca... If you're gonna go and make it so irresistable...

Texas Sucks! Texas Sucks! Texas Sucks!

*Tries not to look too eager as she awaits her promised reward*

Honor
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Burgundy Comics, Inc.