Do colors matter?

Do colors matter?

Postby CartoonCrackpot on Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:44 am

No, this isn't a topic about racial pride. I started coloring Friday's strips because I wanted to increase appeal and make that day kinda special.
Unfortunately I don't know colors for my life and the result wasn't as good looking ad I'd wished for.

The question to you is if you even care about the colors on Fridays. They take lots of time to do and personally I don't think they give MediumRare the look I would like it to have. If there's no real interest for them i don't see any reason why I should keep doing them.

-CCP
If you read this you're probably ugly.
MediumRare
CartoonCrackpot
Regular Poster

Postby Trigger Happy on Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:13 pm

After doing about 6-8 Blasphemy comics, Benny and I decided to start doing them colour, and keeping them in colour for every strip. It barely takes anymore time with a good program. And it looks way better.

Highly recommended.
Trigger Happy

Postby CartoonCrackpot on Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:51 pm

But that Blasphemy looks good with color doesn't mean that Mediumrare looks good with them too.

I have the best program and it still takes a long time. Obviously time depends on on the kind of colors and comic you do, not the software.

So my question remains unanswered.

-CCP
If you read this you're probably ugly.
MediumRare
CartoonCrackpot
Regular Poster

yeah

Postby Felix AE on Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:44 pm

I think colour makes it look a lot better. Black and white is sometimes ok, but cos you havent got the texture of paper behind it looks a little boring. That sounds lame but I'm trying to justify my comment! No colour doesn't stop them being good and funny though!
Felix
Felix AE

Postby Crackpotgroupie on Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:01 pm

ok........ i think colour is a veryimporant tool. but i also think it depends on the cartoon. i have seen some that shouldnt have colour. and some that should. as for me and my comic. i love doing things monocromatic...... so ever comic has one colour and thats it.
personaly crackpot, i think your comic is one that colour is a good thing. perhaps not on fridays but when you think it would benifit that stip. i hate how people give them selfs rules and guildlines instead of whats best for their art. but..... its also important to point out that this is your comic and no one elses.... so what you think about them is the most important thing
i will still read it, wether it be B&W or colour
Love and I am
Marikay
"it is the mistakes, that make it art"
Andy Worhal
Crackpotgroupie

Postby Lordbenny on Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:31 pm

I stopped reading after "colour is a very impractile tool"

It's not a tool, you fool, its a bunch of damned light rays.

Crackpot, your comics are fine, colour or no.
Dont look at me, I don't work here.
Lordbenny

Return to MediumRare