Wow, a whole new world!

Wow, a whole new world!

Postby Tybalts kinda guy! on Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:07 pm

Cool, I recently read on the BmB forum about Red Lexi and decided to check it out. It's very cool. Similar to Thera's Eros stories,

http://www.commonastherain.com/eros.html if anyones curious,

but also very much like BmB without losing any originality. I like the characters and the art work is pretty bloody good.

I'm reading through the comics and am upto the 50th one, somewhere around may. I only hope Lexi recovers from the knife wound inflict by his dad.

Funny thing really cos it's all about angst and discovery of sexuality. Acceptance and all that sort which is VERY similar to what I'm going through. Not so much coming out...did that years ago, but acceptance from family.

My Dad recently found out that I'm gay, and REALLY didn't like that at all. Oh boy did he hate that. Yes sir I was in Trouble! So for my 24th birthday, about a week and a half ago, he gave the choice of Being normal (Straight) or staying the way I am and having totally nothing to do with my whole family. Essentially, he disowned me. Since there's not much choice here.

I'm gay, he doesn't get it. So I (Today in fact) had my name legally changed to something else. Yeah, it's extreme and I don't expect that this is a totally good idea. Cos once he finds out I've done that then I'm REALLY in shtuck! (He did even threaten to beat me up Had I lived with them
still).

But he's really decided that for me. Not much of a birthday gift huh! My mums just fine with the whole thing, even slipped me
Go not to the Elves for advice, for the will say both no and yes.

J.R.R. Tolkien
Tybalts kinda guy!

Postby KedaDibandion on Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:55 pm

Man, I'm sorry life's being so rough on ya!
Glad your mom's on your side, at least, huh? My mom's great.

And yeah, isn't the art in Red Lexi great? :D
Something is currently <a href= "http://polygonreports.keenspace.com">HERE</a>.
KedaDibandion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tybalts kinda guy! on Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:13 pm

Ah Cheers,

I'm getting through it all. I've just finished reading all of the Lexi comics. Some really nice art as I said before. Can't wait to see more of it.

With the obvious exception of Lexi, I think my favourite characters have to be Tan And White Raven, cos they have all the qualities in men and couples that I love and look for myself.

The Gallery drawing of White Raven is really kick ass.

Anyhoo, must go off to bed now otherwise I'll spend all tommorrow looking like this :o ..... moaning about the endless need for coffee. And my manager will be all :evil: ...not good.

Jay

J.R.R. Tolkien
Tybalts kinda guy!

Postby Dark Artist on Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:26 pm

*Glomps Jay Lexi style then gives him the now official Lexi beer mug for newbies.* :D

Thanks for coming over from the BmB world to read the comic. it is always good to get some new feedback and posters here too!

No problem with the life story bit. It is neat to know a bit about the people here. I am really sorry that your father is being such a fool. Seems a shame to lose a son over something so basicly unimportant. :evil:

Who you are should be what counts, not who you love. Seems like
you are taking it all fairly calmly though.

Lexi's dad is based a good bit on my own father. Nothing like being
raised by a violent drug and drink abuser. Wheeee. Thankfully he
moved out of my mom and my life before i was old enough to date anyone.

As for the comic, there will be more of Tan and Whiteraven before to terribly long and I am currently working on a nice snuggly pinup of them too. :o
Dark Artist
Regular Poster

Postby Tybalts kinda guy! on Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:13 pm

Cheers for the mug :D

Definately on for more of Tan And Whiteraven. It's funny but looking at Whiteravens pic, (Which is now my desktop picture) I realise that he looks alot like a friend of mine. 'Cept the ears of course, but very similar.

Shame he's straight!! Always the pretty ones init.

As for the Pin up, can't wait.

J.R.R. Tolkien
Tybalts kinda guy!

Postby The Zackster on Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:14 pm

It's good to know Red Lexi is helping people come together and support each other through similar events in life. You're not alone, Jay, so don't let your Dad bring you down too much. With your Mom's support, maybe he'll eventually learn to accept you as you are, not as he wants you to be. Fathers can be like that... (yeah, experience talking).

BTW... *SNUG* to Jay and to KebaD...

DA... thanks. For being so cool, for sharing your story. Oh, and for giving me a chance to snug all the newbies!! :D
The Zackster

Postby Dark Artist on Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:14 am

Whew.....went over to that Eros link you gave me Jay...

It's very cool. Similar to Thera's Eros stories,

http://www.commonastherain.com/eros.html if anyones curious,

Wow. Is all I can say. Thanks for the link. There is some
great art work there.
Dark Artist
Regular Poster

Postby Tybalts kinda guy! on Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:37 am

Thought you'd like that. Yeah Thera's quite a story writer and I have to say by far my fav story is Angelika.

The drawings of Gabriel are really cool.

Jay

J.R.R. Tolkien
Tybalts kinda guy!

Return to Red Lexi