Do I detect some bitterness?

Do I detect some bitterness?

Postby Animeotaku1987 on Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:54 pm

Well, Ray, looks like you're not happy over your guest comic not getting accepted for 8-bit theatre. Your comment about him not linking to the winers just reaked of bitterness over the rejection. No offense, but lighten up man. Just cause you didn't get accepted isn't cause for getting pissy like that. Oh, and maybe its just me but posting that comic on your page just makes it look like you're ripping off 8 bit.
Animeotaku1987

Re: Do I detect some bitterness?

Postby Tommy Gnosis on Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:24 pm

animeotaku1987 wrote:Oh, and maybe its just me but posting that comic on your page just makes it look like you're ripping off 8 bit.

I wouldn't go that far, but it does disrupt the continuity of the current storyline.
Tommy Gnosis

Postby Al-ZOMBINE5 on Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:31 pm

In Ray's defense, though yes, it is rather annoying if you create a work and don't even get aknowledged for the effort, the bitterness is there. But for putting it up there? He was showing the world, etc, his work, that he can do it, and hes proud of it. Don't knock him for that.
Al-ZOMBINE5

Postby Cl_ray on Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:18 am

A grant you, I am somewhat bitter, but hey, person's perogitive. Second, I pretty well to point out in the title of the comic that is the guest strip to 8-bit, not a blatant rip off. I posted it because, as Mike pointed out, I made something that I am proud of, and I feel it would be a shame to not have it displayed somewhere. It also doubled as a filler since I didn't have a comic, naye even a script for a comic, ready for that day. The whole opening of school thing and that. As to my comments on how 8-bit ran its guest strip contest, I was just surprised to see nothing at all beyond the artists name posted with the comics. As I see it, the point of a guest strip contest is not only to have yourart displayed on another site, but to have a link placed up so that readers of that site might easily access your site. This has been the norm I have seen in every GSC I have ever seen online, be it Nukees, Megatokyo, or MacHall. Heck, even the silent Poe of Exploitation Now would post artist name and link when he giving showing someone's art on their page.

Right, I'm actually starting to get into a rant that would prolyl end up pissing more people off than justifying my point. I've been opening my mouth too much recently, I'm gonna go be reclusive and make chainmaille or something now.

Peace Out-
Ray
"A friend is a person who reaches for your hand, but touches your heart." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cl_ray

Postby Apple on Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:30 pm

while i won't comment directly, i will whip out my large, hard, ten inch back up:

this message has been brought to you by the queen fruit. don't be a troll, kids.
Apple

Return to Campus Life