Fan's Take

Fan's Take

Postby Tommy Gnosis on Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:03 pm

Well, from an objective little reader's viewpoint, I thought I might chip in on the whole Damien/Ray falling out...whether or not this falls on deaf ears or will actually have any sort impact I dunno.

Personally, both guys just strike me as coming off as pretty pig headed...not that I'm knocking them, hell so am I. I didn't find the stick man comics funny in the least (seemed like too much in-joking and meaningless violence), so I can see the side that would want less of them. However, I think that a little something was owed to Damien for his work on the site...perhaps a periodic stick man cameo (though not a four or five strip long story arch).

And, on a completely unrelated note that I'm too lazy to start a separate thread about, good to see a little belly on the young lady that Apple drew today. Not a horrid body by any stretch of the imagination, but a guy that is sick of looking at models who are practically stick figures themselves was happy with a little outward curve above the waistline.
Tommy Gnosis

Postby Al-ZOMBINE5 on Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:11 pm

Bout the stick figure thing...
My gf is size 5..^_^;;;
that make me a bastard?
Al-ZOMBINE5

Postby Cl_ray on Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:07 am

Yeah, I admit that I am at probably equal fault with Damien, tho I think his accusations are quite tilted to villify me and martyr him. First off, I never said I wanted to completely kill the SMDs, only scale them back as the sources I had at my disposals were indicated they weren't overly liked. Also, it would seem at least one of my "bull shit" reasons for them not being liked, the in joking, wasn't so bull shit. Also, I didn't summarily kill all his ideas, I tried to limit the gratutious violence, but not kill the ideas completely, unless they were for nothing but above mentioned violence. Heck, I even let him write an entire story arc that I drew (the professor Damien arc). Anywho, I'm being badgered to pack up and move back to UIUC, so I'd better get doing so.
Peace Out-
Ray
"A friend is a person who reaches for your hand, but touches your heart." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cl_ray

Postby Apple on Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:08 am

glad to see someone is a fan of the belly.
because all the smart people know that a little belly = sexah.

spread the word.
Apple

Return to Campus Life