For those about to ROCK...

For those about to ROCK...

Postby Cindermain on Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:32 am

...we saluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute you!
"For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven." - WKRP in Cincinnati
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Kevin Wolf on Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:56 pm

I was about to rock, but then I found out that it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cindermain on Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:15 pm

B-but Rock 'n Roll is KING!

Isn't it?

*sigh*

That's what I get for using dated lyrics...
"For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven." - WKRP in Cincinnati
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:53 am

What if you rocked several years ago and now you just don't understand that crazy music them kids are listening too?
<A HREF="http://hotelgrim.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Hotel Grim</A>, the comic with reservations.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby KedaDibandion on Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:25 pm

I never learned how to rock...so sad...

(BTW: Yay for the return of the forums! YAY!)
Something is currently <a href= "http://polygonreports.keenspace.com">HERE</a>.
KedaDibandion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kevin Wolf on Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:09 pm

Kevin Wolf wrote:I was about to rock, but then I found out that it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.

Do I actually have to point out that this is also a reference to an old AC/DC song? Because that would disappoint me immensely.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero

Postby SimeSublime on Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:22 am

That was AC/DC? They're so much older then I thought they were then.
Puffins are Supreme.

The customer may always be right, but that doesnt mean that they have an ounce of intelligence ~Phrasz~
SimeSublime
Regular Poster

Postby Cindermain on Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:28 pm

Yeah.

The schoolboy uniform throws everyone off... :D
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12015 on Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:12 pm

Uhm. "Rock rock till you drop, rock, rock don't eva stop"?
:o

:x *Fuck this* (whines), I'm just gonna go put on my Manowar albums! Kings of METAL!

By the way, I was on my evening stroll through peoples sites to show them the LUV. I figure on Comixpedia, Hotel Grim is on the front line, and I gotta remember my peeps yo (sorry, I did go see 8 mile, don't know why though). (i.e. we must keep you where you are just ahead of you know what).
ZOMBIE USER 12015
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12015 on Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:14 pm

Uhm. "Rock rock till you drop, rock, rock don't eva stop"?
:o

:x *Fuck this* (whines), I'm just gonna go put on my Manowar albums! Kings of METAL!

By the way, I was on my evening stroll through peoples sites to show them the LUV. I figure on Comixpedia, Hotel Grim is on the front line, and I gotta remember my peeps yo (sorry, I did go see 8 mile, don't know why though). (i.e. we must keep you where you are just ahead of you know what).
ZOMBIE USER 12015
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:22 am

Thanks and all, but I just recently found out that the comixpedia has been aborted. At least the fan-voting section has been. The guy running the site has shown me (and others) a peak at what it's official launch will look like and there's nary a voting link to be seen. SOOOO... oh well.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to deal with being nowhere near the list for Top Web Comics.
<A HREF="http://hotelgrim.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Hotel Grim</A>, the comic with reservations.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12015 on Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:09 pm

Why'd it double post my reply? Those bastards! :x

So, comixpedia, no-go eh? Other lists though, other lists. Yes, we tary forth romping a-boot to sully the stats of those we love. Ok, not love, that was just being dramatic. How about one of the closer to higher compliments: If I could put everyone to death, I wouldn't make you wait in line. Wait, that didn't sound right either..

I still don't get these list things. A lot of them seem a bit messed up or confuzzled at the very least.

Oh, and I dig the poem one that you have up. One of the things I like is the fact that I don't know what type of strip your next update will be. Maybe it will be funny, maybe it won't. Jus' like good ol' life El Hombre, some mornings it's a sweet breeeze up the backside, some mornings it's "fuck", and "why does my mouth taste like vomit and foot?" Yehp.

I'm gonna go bugger off now..
ZOMBIE USER 12015
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:00 am

Gah! Buggery! :o

Eh, I don't know... I'm thinking 'bout removing the vote-links altogether. I wish I could see what I was replying to, in order to address it all more accurately, but NOOOOO.... the forums haveta be suckin' wet glass right now.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12015 on Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:15 pm

The boards super suck right now, they uber munch or something. It's not taking my posts most of the time, and when you look at the threads in your forum, this one doesn't register that there's been any replies so it looks like the last post was from Dec 1st. Of course, once you step inside, you find where I've been stinking up the place. :wink:

Why take all of them off, (the voting links that is)? In a way, it is a waste of time and a popularity contest that is in no way an accurate gauge of quality, but it's some exposure for traffic though. Maybe you could just pick one list you thinks o.k. and stick with that one? I don't know. I signed up for a couple 2 or 3, but I never go and look where I'm at. Having buttons for that stuff on my site I don't particularly care for. It all seems a bit pretentious and egotistical as well. But I do want people to be able to locate the site and look at it.

It's a game, some game, that anyone can play.
ZOMBIE USER 12015
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:37 am

Exposure is overrated. Soon enough the rabid weasels descend from the hills and all you get are e-mails about how unfunny your comic is. Meanwhile you go hoarse from telling people to fuck off. I dunno. I really don't.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Decidedly NOT Templar on Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:06 am

You've never told me to fuck off... now I'm feeling all neglected 'n stuff. Here I'll even give you a reason. I vote for Kevin's comic every day. (even when he doesn't update ::hint hint::)

... okay, that was a very lame reason. I do check your comic every day though, even if I don't post here.
"Just because we're wearing white doesn't necessarily mean that we're the good guys."

Hugh de Payne
Decidedly NOT Templar
Regular Poster

Return to Hotel Grim