YAY! Mexican Wrestler RETURNS!!

YAY! Mexican Wrestler RETURNS!!

Postby Cindermain on Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:17 am

Yes!

The Mexican Wrestler returns!

So...what is his name, anyways?

You really SHOULD get more hits than Puke..uh, Pupkin.
"For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven." - WKRP in Cincinnati
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:28 am

thanks for the um... "vote" of confidence :)

The wrestler's name is Senor Uno.

And Cindermain is the fellow responsible for next week's guest strips! Go read his comic as a primer :D
<A HREF="http://hotelgrim.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Hotel Grim</A>, the comic with reservations.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Decidedly NOT Templar on Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:29 pm

If Cindermain is going to be doing the guest strips, does that mean we can expect to see hotel grim colorized?
"Just because we're wearing white doesn't necessarily mean that we're the good guys."

Hugh de Payne
Decidedly NOT Templar
Regular Poster

Postby Cindermain on Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:55 pm

Just who is the mysterious 'Guest'?

What's his 'secret mission'? How did he get the information that the strips are indeed going to be in breathtaking color? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Well, in order;

- I am 'Guest', the forums is wacky tonight...
- TO RULE THE WORLD
- I made them, so I know.
- Depends on where it's placed.

:o
"For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven." - WKRP in Cincinnati
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Decidedly NOT Templar on Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:39 pm

My reply:

Looks like the forum is doing its usual.
Are you sure you want that job? (Seems to me it'd be an administrative nightmare.)
I'm looking forward to them.
and
The answer to the fourth question is: its one very long lick.

See ya Monday (assuming this isn't an Andy Kaufmanesque joke like Kevin's over at Mythocorp that is). :D
"Just because we're wearing white doesn't necessarily mean that we're the good guys."

Hugh de Payne
Decidedly NOT Templar
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:06 pm

Not a joke. Well, sort of. There are several jokes, but they're in the strips. I jsut don't know how I'll be able to follow his take on my strip though for the week after that. :o
<A HREF="http://hotelgrim.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Hotel Grim</A>, the comic with reservations.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12015 on Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:27 pm

Maybe if I can get my lazy, poncey lily-white kee-ster to do some draw-ring you'd have some more guestie strips. Oh-well-o-well-o well. :-?
ZOMBIE USER 12015
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:31 pm

No worries Wrecked, but fan art is always welcome ;)

I've been a fan art drawing fool, trying to play catch-up with what I owe people.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sortelli on Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:31 am

Wow. That last guest was me. I forgot to log in. Heh!
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nd on Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:35 am

Wow, um... I don't know what to say. I think Cinder's strips are awesome too. But I had no idea you felt that strongly about the Hotel. Maybe it's just the gut reaction to Pupkin...
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sortelli on Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:11 am

Man, you KNOW I dig the Hotel. I'd vote for you constantly even without Pupkin. Frankly, there is just too little competition on the Comixpedia list, and Hotel Grim deserves to be higher.
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nd on Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:52 am

I know you dig it. It was the word "favorite" that caused all the stammerin'... And as for being hihjer, tell my other fan to vote twice a day too, and maybe it will be :D
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cindermain on Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:51 pm

Uhm...what is this 'voting' thing you speak of, guys?

:-?

(There's still so much of Keenspace stripping I have no info on...)
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:15 pm

We;re talking about the freaky looking green Chef found at the bottom of the main page. There's one on Sortelli's too. And if you sign up for it, you too can have an ugly graphic on your site.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cindermain on Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:36 pm

So, if I signed up for it, what would it get me in the greater scheme of things?

Cosmic knowledge? The power over good and evil in the universe?!

Twinkies?!?!

MMMMmmmm...twinkieeeess...
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Decidedly NOT Templar on Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:40 pm

The top comix votey thing is that lil alien looking guy with the chefs hat and BBQ utensils down at the bottom of the page. Maybe you guys should highlight it with flashing yellow arrows. That might increase votes. Course, there

Hugh de Payne
Decidedly NOT Templar
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:02 pm

Cindermain wrote:So, if I signed up for it, what would it get me in the greater scheme of things?

Cosmic knowledge? The power over good and evil in the universe?!

Twinkies?!?!

MMMMmmmm...twinkieeeess...

I get quite a few referrals from it and I'm not even in the top three.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cindermain on Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:16 pm

:o

ERG!
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Nd on Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:36 pm

We should ALL be doing better than Pupkin.
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sortelli on Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:52 pm

We all already ARE doing better than Pupkin. Homeless bums on the street who don't do comics are doing better than Pupkin. The fact that votes and rankings do not equal quality is hammered home to me every day... Stupid, Stupid, Unfunny Movie Comics was dominating at the list I get the most action from, TWC, until this month when Pupkin took the top spot. :x

Pupkin's down to number two right now, and a comic I actually like (Mall Monkeys) is at the top... this is the first time that has EVER happened on a list I'm on. Quite often the top comics on these lists are over-rated crapfests.

The Comixpedia list needs more comics. Many of the comics on there aren't getting any votes, Pupkin's only falling because it's going for votes at TWC instead, and while I get a chuckle or two out of Return To Sender... well... anyway, Comixpedia needs more comics.
Last edited by Sortelli on Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain

Next

Return to Hotel Grim