Chanpuru Saga Critique Request

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Chanpuru Saga Critique Request

Postby The Master Plan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 am

My webcomic, Chanpuru Saga, is kind of goofy and not really about anything. Nevertheless, I am proud of its simplistic visual appeal. It's been going strong for over 100 strips but I plan to end it soon after it hits the one-year anniversary mark in November so I can get started on my second webcomic attempt. And I feel ready-- I think I'm starting to sink into my art technique a little and I feel like I'm achieving my original goal of combining western comic strip and Japanese 4koma comedic styles.

There's always room for improvement, though, which is why I need as much critique on Chanpuru Saga as possible before I launch my next comic.

You don't have to tell me that Chanpuru Saga's fundamental structure, a group of college guys doing stupid stuff interspersed with nerd culture jokes, is the most overdone concept in webcomics-- I know. That's one of the reasons I'm ending it! My new concept isn't exactly more meaningful or of higher literary merit but I think it's more original. It will probably be in a similar format, though, so Writing critiques on Chanpuru is always applicable. I highly value help with comedic timing and communication, or anything else!

I'm also looking for help with the visual component. The comic is drawn on paper and then edited digitally. You can see that it's improved over time but I really want to get it spot on in a way that is efficient and simple. (I'm a busy college student, so hours with lineart tools and coloring effects aren't really possible.) If you can help with my drawing, or if you see any obvious difficulties that can be fixed or simplified with some tweaks to the image editing process, let me know. (I use Paint.NET.)

I appreciate any help I can get. Be as harsh as you need to be. :)

The Master Plan

Re: Chanpuru Saga Critique Request

Postby Locoluis on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 pm

It's a funny yon-koma, and seems to be a quick read. The art is okay.
Locoluis

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks