Moderating a forum: Advice?

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Moderating a forum: Advice?

Postby Bobadventures on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 pm

I requested a ComicGenesis forum for my comic a long time ago, and it was set up promptly (Thanks guys!), but afterward I realized the obvious fact that I'd have to moderate the sucker, and I chickened out and never launched it (that is, never put a button on the comic linking to it). Now, I think the time is right—I want more interaction with my audience—and I want to launch it soon.

That said... I absolutely cringe at the thought of having to deal with trolls, spammers, and other assorted internet-dwelling obnoxia. Heck, I try to keep the comic pretty clean cut so kids can read it, so I'd rather not even have people cursing gratuitously or talking much about R-rated stuff. So... What advice to people have for me? How do I ride herd on a forum and keep it moderately civilized? I ain't never done it before.
Bobadventures
Regular Poster

Re: Moderating a forum: Advice?

Postby Harishankar on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:33 am

Don't worry. It's quite easy to manage a mid-size forum with moderate activity. Once you get enough readers, you should be HAPPY to get trolls etc. because it's an indication of your popularity. The delete/edit button is always within reach. :lol:

Once again, I feel you're worrying too much. Just go ahead.
Harishankar
Regular Poster

Re: Moderating a forum: Advice?

Postby Bobadventures on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks!
Bobadventures
Regular Poster

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks