have a look at this webcomic: http://www.docrat.com.au/
its made by a man who is a profesional doctor...
what he does:
- observes and parodies the "stereotypes" that come to his clinic
- makes realistic (to the setting) drama revolving around what can/does happen at such places of employment
and so on... read it, it might give you some ideas.
my suggestions: (you're doing fine already
- CSI effect, you should be familiar with this being a law student. try to show how that works/doesn't work (should make for some easy "the jury is full of idiots" puns and the likes.
- bring some of your own experience from law school into the picture. its easier than you think - just look at your teachers, ask them for funny/interesting stories, make comics out of that.
- ...and if you wanna do long-lasting plots and stories pull out Phoenix Wright and make something similar in your comic. your 'enemies' could be evil lawyer opponenets, or the 'big mean DA and his CSI goons' and what have you... again some CSI effect stuff here you can pull
you have plenty of room to grow in, your style is good for a starting comic - go you!