Stupid Inventor - Contructive Criticism Please!

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Stupid Inventor - Contructive Criticism Please!

Postby StupidInventor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Hey, I just started a new webcomic, Stupid Inventor, and would love some feedback!
http://www.stupidinventor.com/
Although there are only 14 comics on the site, I've already made 41 Strips...

Comic #14 on the site is one of my first and the are is pretty weak... Comic #13 I made last week and I think shows my more recent skill level (not that thats so high...): http://www.stupidinventor.com/2009/11/2 ... -new-york/

So anyways, any and all constructive feedback is appreacited!
Thanks,
Zach
:)
StupidInventor

Re: Stupid Inventor - Contructive Criticism Please!

Postby Jin-roh on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 am

Pretty clever so far! You are doing a good job at short, punchy, comic (something I never mastered).

My only critique? Check out 1001freefonts.com and blambot.com for some new fonts. Comic Sans is generally considered and affront to the webcomic deities.

I could imagine a "Stupid Inventor" logo like the "Dr. Horrible" logo with a clever font!
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Postby StupidInventor on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:09 am

Jin-roh wrote:Pretty clever so far! You are doing a good job at short, punchy, comic (something I never mastered).

My only critique? Check out 1001freefonts.com and blambot.com for some new fonts. Comic Sans is generally considered and affront to the webcomic deities.

I could imagine a "Stupid Inventor" logo like the "Dr. Horrible" logo with a clever font!

Thanks for the kind words!

Everyone keeps telling me to change the font, but I can't find a good one that's 100% Royalty and License free. Can anyone help me with that?
StupidInventor

Postby Jin-roh on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 pm

I believe that most of the 1001freefonts are both royalty and liscense free. Besides, it is not as if you are selling your comic.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks