It's official, I plead for your guest strips!

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

It's official, I plead for your guest strips!

Postby Jin-roh on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 am

Okay!

Here is the scenario, I won't be updating this December because I need to plan ahead for my comic and will also be working my ass off so I can finish up this last semester of Grad school. I know that there are least a dozen people out there who have seen my comic and are willing to take a the mininum six hours it takes to do a comic.

I am kidding about the six hours part. It will take you far less than that.

Please, if you feel so compelled, check out my comic and send me a guest strip, along with whatever website plug you would like on my site.

The Uber Bean is about a group of College students, of various levels of religious persuasion, who attend "Trinity Pacific University" an Evangelical Christian College. Two of the characters are not in college, but are busy screwing off in their early 20s. Humorous subjects of the comic range from video-game addiction, to awkward college romances, frustrations with religion/work/school, and even finding out you can't go home again.

A good place to get a feel for the comic is Halloween 09 Story, the Final's Week story or the the string of filler the I put in between longer arcs.

Email me whatever you might come up with!
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Re: It's official, I plead for your guest strips!

Postby Ohemgee on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Now I drew up a comic and everything... but since I'm at a boarding school using the school internet and they still treat teenagers like impressionable young children, they've blocked photobucket, ftp usage, and even adding attachments to gmail for some strange reason (I can't even upload photos to facebook). So I have a guest comic for you... and current difficulties in getting it to you :roll:
Though not universally, squares are widely regarded as having an even number of sides that has been conjectured by experts in the field to be approximately four.
Ohemgee
Regular Poster

Re: It's official, I plead for your guest strips!

Postby Jin-roh on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:47 pm

That's very nice of you. I was almost shipped of to a boarding school myself once. I hope your there for good reasons.

The situation sounds like a bummer, but think it of it as a chance to use/learn some skills in persuasion.

What I would do is find a teacher you really like, and that likes you. Find a time when the teacher is not particularly busy or at their computer doing emails themselves. Get into a short conversation with showing them what you've drawn and why (unless it's bad, in that case, just show them). First, tell them the situation and ask if politely ask they will make an exception. They will likely say no. From there, ask them "if they can at least email it the author for me." They'll probably do that. The first question is to warm the up to saying yes to the second. :D

I was a teacher once, and if I liked a kid, I would have no problem doing this.

If it doesn't work, I'm sure your clever enough to think of another way. Please, don't try to break rules if you don't have to. I'm sure someone there will help you out.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks