Page 1 of 1
Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am
by Cartoonme
I have seen a bunch of topics requesting critiques of their work and seen some decent feedback so far so I thought I'd through my comic in to see what people think could use improvement/what I am doing right.
Feel free to let loose on me.
Here is a link to the page:
Taking the Bi-pass.
Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:18 pm
by Koad
Love the humor. I swear I've had this conversation with my wife:
http://cartoonme.net/index.php?date=20080612
Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:38 pm
by Nikara
A nice comic. I really like the simplistic yet clean and colorful style. My only suggestion is that you continue building up your characters' personalities. Sometimes they get overshadowed by the joke, if you know what I mean... ^^
Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:38 am
by Cartoonme
Thanks for the comments.
Nikara, I know exactly what you mean and this has been something that I have struggled with for a while. I think I don't take the time to develop them because I don't want to put in a comic without a joke. I know both can probably be done at the same time but I've had endless problems trying to build the characters and I would love to get suggestions on how to do this better.
If people can send me resources on this or send some tips that would be awesome as I know I need to build the characters better.
Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:01 am
by Harishankar
Excellent comic. One of the few I've been able to follow properly. I love your characters as well, though it took me a while to figure out that the blonde was a man - somehow he looks too girlish to me

sue me. . .
Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 am
by Cartoonme
Thanks Harishankar,
I have heard this feedback from readers before but since the character is based off myself I don't want to cut the hair off. I really don't look that girlish in real life
Maybe I could square the jaw a little more though to make the character more masculine.