Anyone know how to best use a web cam?

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Anyone know how to best use a web cam?

Postby Taiwanimation on Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:36 am

I've started making "Stupid Melon Dumb Egg" live action http://taiwanimation.keenspace.com/stupidmelon_liveaction.html and I'm wondering if any of you are veteran web cam users- how do you get things to look better?
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero

Postby Seven3 on Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:02 pm

This from the KeenSpace Admin e-group:
I apologize to folks if you found out that Webcams were allowed, even if limited. After re-analisys, our old (previously unpublished) policy of not allowing webcams was put back into effect.

We (the KeenAdmins) consider webcams on the fringe line of not being comic related, and will only allow them on a case-by-case basis. If it's a comic event, maybe, but you need to talk to us. We can suggest a few items which will not bring the whole system down (and no, it's not always a "No, we can't let you do that.").

How do you reach us? You email help@k... Don't email us directly, or with the above address -- it will only delay the responce. We do read the help@ mail along with the Wranglers.

Basically, you need to check with them before using a webcam; and since help@ is chock full of spam and the Admin hav got enough trouble keeping this thing afloat as is (check out all the DNS related posts in the Help Center) it'd probably a good idea for you to hold back from using it for now.
<B>Don't Panic.</B> - Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Isaiah 43.
Seven3
Cartoon Hero

Postby Taiwanimation on Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:57 pm

oh, its not a live webcam, what it is is a comic strip made by using stills captured with the webcam.
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:17 pm

By using your toes!
Er, to tell the truth, I can find it very difficult, too. Especially keeping the thing in place while still using the mouse. Hence the toes remark.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks