Page 1 of 1

Pre lined digital comic page

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 am
by CMikeNIke
I meant to do this ages ago when I had to re-make it anyway, but just continued to forget. ANYWAY
Image

I made a template (here) page that I'm more than willing to share with anyone who wishes to use it. I know most people probably prefer their own comic page size and what-not, and probably already have one made, but for anyone starting anew or wants something closer to how physical comics are sized, this is meant to be as close to the proper size as I could find, what with conflicting page specifications I found around the internet.

Specifications:
300dpi
11 x 17 inches (3300 x 5100 px)
10 x 15 trim size
9 x 13.5 live area
PLUS GOODIES like perspective paths to make your perspective grids, folders for each panel and reference material, dummy text areas for the names of Penciller and Inker and whatnot.

Soooo, yeah. Have at it.

Re: Pre lined digital comic page

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:43 pm
by iamthatis
I really need to learn to use templates more when I draw. My favorite is just to use good ol' 8.5x11 paper, but I tend to draw right off the edges of it! And then I regret it later when I'm formatting. P:

Re: Pre lined digital comic page

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:07 am
by Ulario
Blue Line Pro makes something similar. It's really good paper and if you go to Comic Conventions, they often have booths showcasing their products.

Re: Pre lined digital comic page

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 am
by iamthatis
Yet another thing I need to get on top of--conventions! Guess I'm a closet otaku...