Any thoughts on my new comic site?

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Any thoughts on my new comic site?

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:43 am

Hey y'all would like some feedback on my new comic site...

Almost everything is still being worked on but hopefully there's enough there to give the basic idea.

Since it's kind of narrated by the main character (like in the book it's based on) I thought it would be good to try and make the site as if it was done by Harli herself hence the purple-ish background and the schoolgirl font.
Basically I'd just like to know if it works, if I need to add anything (like an about page) or change anything, are the colours too bright.

I think I need to make the comic pages themselves a bit smaller, currently they're 800px wide I think 650px would probably be better.

No need to comment on the actual comic artwork, I think we're all well aware of my flaws and I'm working on them.

Thank you.
Last edited by RobboAKAscooby on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Re: Any thoughts on my new comic site?

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:11 am

I assume you're talking about the site for Flying Tigers? I just checked it out and I like it a lot! Yeah, I do recommend ensmallenating the comic images, 800px wide would be better if you were doing a comic with more smaller panels going across and needed to make sure they were all visible.

As for the rest of the site, it's very clean and easy to navigate. I LOVE the yearbook theme for the cast page, that whole navigation area is a pretty neat way to change the standard "about, cast, gallery, links" thing. :D
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:02 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:I assume you're talking about the site for Flying Tigers?

Oops! Yeah that's the one, gotta fix the OP to avoid confusion.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby RKDS on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 am

Site design is nice and clean (and works on IE6, a real rarity these days) but I don't know why every webcomic I go to fills half the screen with stuff that makes me scroll down to start reading the actual story. I'm running in 1280x800 here on my dad's old laptop and my screen at home is widescreen 1600x900. There's SO much space on the sides that just gets wasted and I really thought the old GeoCities-style side frame navigation would've made a comeback. Heck even a vertically oriented Keenspot ad would probably help free up some of that precious space. This link is beyond outdated, but http://mrcykill.rkdigitalstudios.com/ uses a template I was working on when I stopped publishing. Someone with better design skills or a better comic might be able to use it as a jumping off point...
RKDS
Regular Poster

Bathroom Lights

Postby Interinhere on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Interinhere

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks