
Pencils Inks, And Artist Pencil-Ink sharing!
It's another one, of Tdot's.
Blah... still feels like nothing more than a tracing. But then maybe that's just me being overly pessimistic.
Blah... still feels like nothing more than a tracing. But then maybe that's just me being overly pessimistic.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
And one more for the road.
From Peppermint's
Now to go and draw my actually comic. I have spent far too much time on these....
From Peppermint's
Now to go and draw my actually comic. I have spent far too much time on these....
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
I think we can agree on that! Thanks for digging up Saito's work--'twas interesting to see.Stephen Henderson-Grady wrote: A good example of what you are talking about would be in the Japanese comic book Utena by Chiho Saito. She often has pages that are just swirls of cursive lines with no black or halftoning or anything. However, they are parts of a great whole (the entire issue) and on some pages she uses thick blacks extensively.
I suppose, then, the consideration of blacks is more important than whether you actually place any or not.
I'd both hit it, and place it as fanart.Crossfire wrote:It's another one, of Tdot's.
Blah... still feels like nothing more than a tracing. But then maybe that's just me being overly pessimistic.
I can't do that, cause it's practice art.
At any rate, I like it. It's better than anything I could ever ink.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Shine made me do this...
Please don't slate me. I am terrified enough as it is:P


Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
Very heavy use of google image search! Also lots and lots of layers. I took a variety of textures to layer up in different opacities to get the kind of effect I wanted. As I was telling you before, the neck part is from a google search for 'chunky sweater' combined with a blown glass bottle and hefty use of the transform function to get the right bendy perspective. It is a bit of a frankenstein at around 200 layers:) Your fanart is going to look completely different;P
Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
- LAGtheNoggin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: the sea side
- Contact:
Heh, funkadelic style indeed. I thought it was major photoshop but it's done to a degree where it's really quite hard to tell. I'd recommend losing the obvious photoshopped lens flare-esque lights though.
Reminds me of the style used in I Am Not An Animal only several hundred times prettier - Was it an influence?
Reminds me of the style used in I Am Not An Animal only several hundred times prettier - Was it an influence?
Actually, I haven't used lens flare on there. They were done from scratch. Annoying little sods too. I will have to look into that though if they look crappy:) I haven't seen I am not an animal, so I guess it wasn't an influence:)
Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
Give me about half an hour and I will show you my so far on something else I am doing for shine:) I am learning how to use artrage and so far I am finding it really humpable. I will have a look through the rest of my stuff in a few and see what else I have that is showable:)
Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
- Steve Bryant
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:53 am
- Location: South of Chicago, North of St. Louis
- Contact:
This looks like fun!
I really liked the pencils that Ping did on the female character and wanted to maintain the stylized elegance that she created. The inks aren't quite as slick as I'd hoped, but here's the result:

I inked it as a warm-up before tackling something of my own. I'll try to do the Faub piece in the next week.
Until then, here are some pencils for a commission piece if anyone wants to ink them:

...now if I could just figure out how to make my signature image show up and link to my site...
--Steve
I really liked the pencils that Ping did on the female character and wanted to maintain the stylized elegance that she created. The inks aren't quite as slick as I'd hoped, but here's the result:

I inked it as a warm-up before tackling something of my own. I'll try to do the Faub piece in the next week.
Until then, here are some pencils for a commission piece if anyone wants to ink them:

...now if I could just figure out how to make my signature image show up and link to my site...
--Steve






