You make me physically ill.

You make me physically ill.

Postby JesIdres on Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:36 pm

My gods. The idea of killing someone simply because they "annoy" you is both sickening as well as makes me wonder if you have mental problems that makes it impossible for you reach maturity. Murder is against the law for a reason, not just because some people want to take your ability to take "revenge" on people who annoy you. It's because people all have the right to live, no matter how stupid or annoying they may be. Repeatively making threats of killing these people doesn't get your point across, instead, it makes them look tame compared to you.
I could point out that I think you're a snob because you seem to be nothing more than a poser; you don't seem to be part of the true alternatives, but rather an uneducated hick who didn't make the cheerleading squad in 9th grade. You'r cartoon style is in no way unique-it's look like a poor Sailor Moon rip off-only drawing in the style because it's "hip".
Luckily for you, I don't kill people who annoy me.

For your information- I never tried out for cheerleading. I sing in a alternative band. I do well in college, which isn't a "trendy" school-and I study history and art. I draw my own comic which has won several awards. I make half of my own clothing, and never pay more than 20 dollars for a shirt. And I think most importantly, I remember that everyone has the right to live, and has to get along to some degree to make civilization work.

Hope you eventually work through your anger and bigotry, so you can survive in the REAL world.
JesIdres
Regular Poster

Postby Lesath on Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:28 am

I know I should probably leave the reply to the creator of the comic, but I couldn't help myself since this was left untouched for a few days.
I highly doubt that Kartos is actually going to go kill someone just because they annoy her. Actually, venting her anger through this comic could prevent physical violence against other people. I know, I've done it before and it prevented me from getting into fights with this one girl at school.

JesIdres wrote:I could point out that I think you're a snob because you seem to be nothing more than a poser; you don't seem to be part of the true alternatives, but rather an uneducated hick who didn't make the cheerleading squad in 9th grade. You'r cartoon style is in no way unique-it's look like a poor Sailor Moon rip off-only drawing in the style because it's "hip".

Just because she doesn't fit into the "alternative" label doesn't mean she's a poser. Some people choose their own ways rather than adhering to a group's style.
As for the Sailor Moon rip off comment, that's just disgusting. You NEVER insult another artist's style, it's a sign of immaturity and lack of respect. So what if it looks like a Sailor Moon now? She'll evolve as an artist and in a year or two will have her own unique look to her art. (And since when was Sailor Moon hip?)
And for your information, your characters have bad proportions and you need to study anatomy. Did that feel good? No? Then you understand how it feels to have your hard work insulted. Just don
Lesath
Regular Poster

heh.

Postby Kartos on Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:22 pm

The reason I didn't touch this was I was without net on vacation for about a week. But thanks for touching on it. It's nice to know not everyone is a little whiney baby who just wants to rant.

>>> You make me physically ill.

Me:
Wow.. You should get that checked out. Not ONCE do I show blood and gore, only in one fancomic has it been touched on.

>>>My gods.

Me:
Offhand, Your a Wiccan arin't you? I know a lot of Wiccans, so i'm not "discrimiating", But man a lot of you are bitchy and very self righteous. I take you to be one of them, especially about that "oh im sooo great" Did I tell you about my art that has been printed? No, becasue its completely unrelated.

>>>The idea of killing someone simply because they "annoy" you is both sickening as well as makes me wonder if you have mental problems that makes it impossible for you reach maturity. Murder is against the law for a reason, not just because some people want to take your ability to take "revenge" on people who annoy you. It's because people all have the right to live, no matter how stupid or annoying they may be. Repeatively making threats of killing these people doesn't get your point across, instead, it makes them look tame compared to you.

Me:
You don't watch many movies, do you? Murder is rampant in every society.
You prolly also haven't heard of Survival of the Fittest, or this idea of nature weeding out the stupid and sickly because their genes only fuck up the race. You should look into the ideas before you rant. It might help you appear more intelligent and LESS ranty.

Oh and BTW, I never mention or point out specific people. It's usualy based off something I offhand experiance or see. Or someone else tells me about. If I really were going to kill these people.

>>>I could point out that I think you're a snob because you seem to be nothing more than a poser; you don't seem to be part of the true alternatives, but rather an uneducated hick who didn't make the cheerleading squad in 9th grade. You'r cartoon style is in no way unique-it's look like a poor Sailor Moon rip off-only drawing in the style because it's "hip".
Luckily for you, I don't kill people who annoy me.

Me:
(oh yes, lucky me?)
A poser? who am I posing? Oh you think I am posing Japanese Manga? Man, you need a "clue". I do what I want, hence the comic. Fool.

you mean Sailormoon? First, its one word. You proved your ignorance of the matter of Japanese animation and comics books with one word, or should I say two? Oh nooooooo!! My inspiration differs than you. Wahhhhhhh... I go to art school too. I don't shove it down your face, do i? Bet you can't even guess which one, but unless you go to RISD or some other similar school, mine is more expensive. I am payign for a Rep, so suck it. You wanna pull all that, oh I've done this and this and this, shit, I can take you on. oh but wait, I don't have an egotistical personality like you obviously do.

And my style has been told TO MY FACE it is reminisant of Yu Watase. She does things called "Fushigi Yuugi", and "Ceres: Celestial Warriors". I don't particularly think my style has anything of Naoko Takeuchi's work. My little "cute" eyes are from the Ladies who make up CLAMP. If anything I take mostly from them. To help your little brain, they do "Magic Knight Rayearth", "Card Captor Sakura", and other things.

In ninth grade... wait no the summer before, I joined the Flag/Color Guard/ Band front. I wouldn't touch cheerleading with a ten foot pole, let alone try out. You can ask any of the people who have done guest comics about that. Basalt knows firsthand about that. You're funny. But, alas, you obviously didn't READ any of it.

>>>For your information- I never tried out for cheerleading. I sing in a alternative band. I do well in college, which isn't a "trendy" school-and I study history and art. I draw my own comic which has won several awards. I make half of my own clothing, and never pay more than 20 dollars for a shirt. And I think most importantly, I remember that everyone has the right to live, and has to get along to some degree to make civilization work.

Me:
Wow, am I supposed to, like, pay homage to you now?
I sew too, big shit. I make costumes and clothes and whatever. Your point?

Civilization doesn't work if you cant weed out the sick that eat and take up the space that others might need. Think on it.

You should probibly chekc out the works of George Carlin. he is a famous and well respected comedian. Becasue frankly, you need to grow a sense of humor. If you take this all too seriously you might get a brain hemorage.

>>>Hope you eventually work through your anger and bigotry, so you can survive in the REAL world.

Me:
Wow thansk for the advice. Lemme give you some. God back and take your first drawing and basic art classes again. I think you forgot how to realize something is expression, and that personal attacks because you don't like the work or message is pointless and stupid. I am quite fine in the "REAL" world, and I believe you are just afraid I might have success and you won't. Why? Becasue you can't handle the fact that someone else might have an opinion and draws what you don't enjoy.

Lesath:
"I think that the reason why you're disgusted is either you're extremely politically correct and offended by the thought of killing or you've never been emotionally hurt by the group of "trendy" people. "

Me:
Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better. Cept I might have added something about how I hunt deer, and death isn't THAT big a deal. Hell as i wrote that I bet at LEAST one hundred people died. Do you cry out about that too?

Like my cutie fan Lesath said, go away if you don't like it and don't read. I don't care about you.

Kartos
Kartos
Regular Poster

oo and to add something

Postby Kartos on Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:06 pm

I went to your comic and you know what?

Lesath was right. Your drawings are unproportioned. At least mine is just a fun little doodle comic.

And since I am still on it, learn this:

Photoshop is an editing program. Not a coloring. Get a better coloring program, and learn how to shade. And if you do already, show it.

When you get printed like Penny Arcade, and are on keenSPOT, then you can talk about getting published, or some little awards.

Kartos
Last edited by Kartos on Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kartos
Regular Poster

Postby Lesath on Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:33 pm

Short, slightly off topic post.
Cool, I didn't know you were a George Carlin fan. And Photoshop can be a coloring program if used properly. (Properly being the operative word.) Painter is better to start with if you don't understand how to blend or edit paintbrushes in PS. My own hideous example here, or poke around here for better ones.
Lesath
Regular Poster

:D!

Postby Kartos on Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:39 pm

George Carlin is the best, how coudl I not be a fan?

Most people can't use PS worth a damn. And I lvoe Painter. I prefer hands on thigns, and that is far more hands on.

I think your eyeball is cute ^_^ Although I am a bit confused about that other board...splain?

Kartos
Kartos
Regular Poster

Postby Lesath on Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:31 pm

The other board is for digital art. You can usually find examples of Photoshop geniuses there, just to prove the point that it can be used for more than editing. (I really wish the program wasn't abused so much. I start smoking at the ears every time I see lens flare.)
Thanks for the eyeball comment.
Lesath
Regular Poster

Postby Kartos on Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:48 am

I love eyeballs. so cuute ^_^ Especially when they arin't draw like crap, or like Naoko Takeuchi's eyes :/

Ooo.. my friend juts toldm e what lens flare is, and I foudn a REAL picture of one :D http://www.lc-site.com/bp/ms09_e.html bonnie Pink!!

I don't know much about PS, cept the basics about the editing things. I have Photodelux or some such. It does what I need, and I have a beta Painter 7 :D!

kartos
Kartos
Regular Poster

Return to Rukoyu the Snob Killer