...more suggestions

...more suggestions

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11268 on Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:35 pm

Here's some quick things I've heard / come up with to bring back the rad...

Original sketches / cartoon giveaways
Interviews w/ the cartoonists
A guy named Jon who passes out flyers
More advertisement; spiffier ads
An actual Turbocool banner that goes in rotation w/ the rest of the comics
Guest strips
More esprit de corps
A mascot (The Rad)
Giant crossover

...and thats all. I could've continued on the last topic.... but its gone haywire on me so much the last couple of days.

-chris 'c'
ZOMBIE USER 11268
Regular Poster

Postby Jeero on Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:12 am

by rotating banner, do you mean one of those cool little ones that could go above the dropdown instead of the turbocool sign? cause that would be a hella good idea... can anyone do the scripting for that?
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby Psiogen on Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:44 am

At one point I think I claimed I was going to do something like that, but I've never gotten around to it... it really wouldn't be difficult, we'd just have to splice the dropdown and banner exchange scripts together.
Sylvan, fadin motherfuckers like bleach.
Image Image
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Fri Bec 55th, 9239 56:82 pm; edited 229425 times in total.
Psiogen
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:09 pm

Splicing scripts together seems pretty difficult to me, like synchronizing tachyon fields or something. Good luck, Sylvan!
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Jeero on Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:10 pm

cool.. well, if you, or someone else, if you're too busy, could do that, and tell us all banner sizes, that would be a step forward..
i wish i could do scripts.. they just look like insanity to me.
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11268 on Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:51 pm

That's not what I was talking about, but its still a good idea.... I think Keenime does it (those lousy.... :roll:)

I was just saying that we could put a Turbocool banner in with the other large banners. As it stands, the only links to Turbocool are through the little tiny "Brought to you by..." and the small button above the dropdown. Then that would make more hits to the site, leading to more hits on the members page blah blah blah...... and then we all drive away in an American built Yugo. Taaa-daaah!

-chris 'c'
ZOMBIE USER 11268
Regular Poster

chick-chicka-bow-bow!

Postby Justinpie on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:41 pm

We don't do that already? I thought there was one in rotation.

I know there's a Turbocool banner lying around somewhere, anyway, for the Votey Webcomics Poll - wouldn't be hard to set that up.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:19 pm

I haven't seen a turbocool banner yet, but I think that's a good idea.

I still think we should post samples of out strips on the main page. http://www.strippers-corner.com/ has recently started doing it and as a net browser I was compelled to go to a few of the sites after reading their samplers. All we need is be more visible.

Heck, if each of us threw in a favorite strip we'd have a month worth of updates. I volunteer to handle the details of this if there's interest.

It wouldn't be terrible to contact Strippers-Corner and trade links. Turbocool is more exclusive, but our goals are the same.

---------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, I'll put together an interview for everyone.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Isukun on Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:26 am

While it's an interesting idea, some of us have strips with a continuing storyline. Some gags in Bhag are kind of dependant on the reader knowing the characters and the story, so posting our funnier strips might not work so well. Maybe if people were willing to do original stand alone strips for that sort of thing, it might work better. I think a lot of people in the turbocool community probably don't have the time or inclination to do such a thing, though.
Isukun

Postby MixedMyth on Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:50 pm

Yeah, Mixed Myth is pretty linear, too. About the fliers, though...we could make up some that have those little tear tabs at the bottom. I can see a collage of characters on it, too. One or two from everyone's strip?
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Jeero on Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:19 pm

that sounds like fun. even if its just so that there's one big collage of everyone's characters going around. would anyone seriously go and hand them out, though?
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11268 on Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:01 pm

Where would you pass out fliers? I live in a rather uncultured area.... no book stores.... whatsoever.
There are some comic book stores at surrounding malls..... but its the mall, and thats the epitome of evil.

Anyways, I'd hand out fliers.... I happened to 'stumble' across a Kinkos employee card so I can make as many fliers as I want for free.

Why don't we just make a Turbocool sampler and throw it around at different comic book stores? Just ask for a couple of bucks to pay for the paper, and its free publicity for all.

-chris 'c'
ZOMBIE USER 11268
Regular Poster

Postby Psiogen on Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:00 pm

I'll design the flier if y'all send me shots of your characters.
Sylvan, fadin motherfuckers like bleach.
Image Image
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Fri Bec 55th, 9239 56:82 pm; edited 229425 times in total.
Psiogen
Cartoon Hero

Return to Turbocool