crossover event! woo! etc.

crossover event! woo! etc.

Postby Jeero on Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:33 pm

so.. i'm not the real oraginiser at all, but this needs a new thread, really... we sorta need to establish who'd be interested, and how it would be done- everyone swapping comics for an issue, or what? i'm not brimming with ideas right now, it's 3am, and tenacious d are slowly barbequeing my mind. someone chuck ideas in!
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby Isukun on Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:30 pm

I figured the crossover would be some alternate reality storyline featuring characters from our comics drawn by the artists involved. We should probably set up some sort of brainstorming session on IRC, AIM or MSNIM to come up with some kind of general plot or idea we want to follow. It would be good to have an organized plot and host it here at Turbocool. While the Panel Jam was an interesting idea, the less organized comic coops tend to fizzle out after a while.

Anyway, it would probably be good to find out who's interested first and then move on to planning out a story. While swapping comics is an interesting idea as well, I think some of us have already done guest strips for other comics in the group and I personally don't find it to be much of a "Turbocool" project as it is an individual project. That's my 2 yen on the matter, anyway.
Isukun

Postby CaptainMooki on Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:59 pm

I'm interested in the event, but for the next few weeks I'm pretty busy with finals (sculpture class in particular), trying to get a buffer going for my own comic, and finishing up a guest artist story for Amazon Space Rangers this month. In October or sometime I'd love to get involved in this.

As for the comic switching thing, I think we should all do it as an event like april fool's day, or halloween (our own characters acting out as characters from the comic we're switching with), or something like that.
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby Redmenace5 on Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:09 pm

I'd be interested, although I'm running low on backlog right now so I'm a bit busy too. For now. But only for now.
Teeeeeam Firework! A three-man dynamo for all your firework related needs! Engineer, Sparky! Technician, Pyro! And manager, King Aelf, Lord of the Little People!

Team Firework: Lighting up the Skies with Elfin Flame!

http://fantasticalbestiary.keenspace.com
Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Return to Turbocool