A couple of questions

A couple of questions

Postby Isukun on Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:09 am

How many people visit Turbocool these days? Apart from adding sites occassionally, this site seems pretty dead. Maybe we should do something to make it more interesting. The Panel Jam was a good idea, but is there anything more organized that we can do that might make the page more entertaining?
Isukun

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6185 on Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:10 pm

Crossovers is a cheap way to generate more hits. But Speaking for myself I've been pretty busy these past couple of months. Maybe once University starts, I'll have some free time to do something for Turbocool.
ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Postby Isukun on Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:25 am

That could be an interesting idea. A big crossover involving several of the Turbocool comic worlds could make this place more interesting and show people what we have to offer.
Isukun

Postby Jeero on Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:26 pm

ooh, sounds nifty. i'm in, anyone else? :wink: cheap it might be, but ultimatly very fun.
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby Isukun on Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:30 pm

I'd like to be in, but Akhmed will be gone by then. I'm not much for comedy.
Isukun

Postby Redmenace5 on Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:00 am

Cheap is my middle name;I
Teeeeeam Firework! A three-man dynamo for all your firework related needs! Engineer, Sparky! Technician, Pyro! And manager, King Aelf, Lord of the Little People!

Team Firework: Lighting up the Skies with Elfin Flame!

http://fantasticalbestiary.keenspace.com
Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Postby CaptainMooki on Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:46 am

I'd love to be a part of a big crossover, but I'm about to start a bit of a long storyarc and I'm also bogged down in homework at the moment. How long from now would this take place?
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby Jeero on Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:54 am

i'm storyarcing too, i've drawn about 50 strips ahead of the one i have up right now... but it could be out of continuationiny (i cant spell that damn word).. anyone got any other ideas to run alongside it?
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby Isukun on Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:41 am

With Bhag, it would definately have to be out of the regular continuity. I don't think our story arc ends for a REALLY long time still. The end of the first story arc leads into the beginning of the second one, anyway. It's probably better that way, though. I kind of like the comic Clan of the Cats, but the crossovers have gotten out of hand AND they all fit into the continuity. I don't like having to read other comics to understand the story of the main comic. If the crossovers are out of continuity, though, then the reader can choose to read the other comics if he/she likes the characters enough to follow up on them without the crossover interfering with the storylines of the comics involved. Plus the genres and universes behind some of our comics are so vastly different that it wouldn't make much sense for the crossover to occur within the regular continuity of the comics involved. At least that's my opinion. It would solve the problem of people already working on story arcs for their comics, as well.
Isukun

Postby Psiogen on Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:22 am

Sorry I've been doing so little work on Turbocool, guys. Doing A God's Life daily has been turning my brain to grey cheese. ;)

I'm all for some kind of crossover event, but I've decided to never again attempt to organize something like that myself, so it's up to you guys. :P
Sylvan, fadin motherfuckers like bleach.
Image Image
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Fri Bec 55th, 9239 56:82 pm; edited 229425 times in total.
Psiogen
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jeero on Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:31 pm

weeell.. if no-one more sutible is gonna step forward, i guess i'll organize it... i may as well, i'm really quite far ahead with my comic, so i'm not all caught up in that. i'll go post a thread now about it, even...
Jeero
Regular Poster

Return to Turbocool