Character development

Character development

Postby Inkfox on Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:18 pm

Very cool -- did not know you were doing a web comic. (I'm Brian M.; I commissioned you for a picture once.)

I definitely like your art style. But the characters seem like they could use some definition. The immediate team-up was fortunate for them (especially Scrue - lucky bastard), but it's tough to see much about what makes either tick.

Would it be worth seperating them in the current story arc and having one or both act alone a bit before pairing them up again? With more definition, the characters can make the stories much deeper.
Inkfox

An Overdue reply

Postby Nuka Scrue on Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:36 pm

Ah... sorry about that. ^_^;;; I never got your message on this board, since my efforts to get some traffic here before failed. Everyone liked the other board better, but now that it's down I've rediscovered this one and your message.

About the character development... ah.. it's unfortunate. ;_; I mean.. I know the characters so well, but I still find it hard to get across everything I want to. Well.. this story arc is nearly over now, and I'm hoping that the next one will give some better insight into Ariel at least, though I'm still trying to get my writing talents onto par with the art... or closer to par.

Any help on what sort of things would be good for development would be appreciated though. I hope that doesn't sound like a cop out, but sometimes I'm not really sure where to begin. I was considering writing some companion stories to give some back info on Ariel and Scrue at least (I've done too much planning on their earlier lives, and want to share some of that). If they go over well, I would make them comics at a later time. If you check this board again, I'd love to hear what you think of that idea.

Again, sorry for not seeing your post months ago. X_x This board doesn't auto-mail letters to me like the old one did.
Nuka Scrue

Return to Scrued