Whoa, whoa...

Whoa, whoa...

Postby Queen_Godzilla on Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:50 pm

I just registered with the Keenspace comic forums today. I did it 'cause you wanted feedback, and you'd put KM on hiatus until you got some. So here I am. Talk to meh.

I stumbled across Kurenai Mashin when I was traveling Kern's Fantasy Manga exchange thingy. Saw the art and I was like "DAMN. She's gotta be asian..." (Well, I dunno if you are, but... wow, that's nice art). Since I like pretty things, I kept reading it. I never bothered to comment, 'cause I'm lazy. I like how it's going so far, 'cause I like elves, fantasy, blind guys and pretty art. Whee. I have NOOOOOOOO idea where the plot is going. Hi!

I've been hyper today... :D
Queen_Godzilla

Postby Tyndal on Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:24 am

I'm also usually too lazy to comment, but you force my hand. :D

I've only recently started reading, but I like the art, and I'm not sure where the plot's going, but it seems good!
But if it's getting to be no fun, then by all means, take a break, then come back to it all refreshed :)
Tyndal
Regular Poster

Re: Whoa, whoa...

Postby Bluebug on Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:34 am

Welcome to the KM forum Tyndal and Queen Godzilla!!

I stumbled across Kurenai Mashin when I was traveling Kern's Fantasy Manga exchange thingy. Saw the art and I was like "DAMN. She's gotta be asian..." (Well, I dunno if you are, but... wow, that's nice art).

Funny, that's the exact same thing I think when I see good art ^^. I never thought anyone would think the same about me... (even though I am Asian ;) ).

Since I like pretty things, I kept reading it. I never bothered to comment cause I'm lazy.

I never used to comment on other comics either...until I started doing my own. Then I realized how important it was to let artists/writers know that people were actually reading their work. It's gratifying to know that your work actually has an audience ^^.

I have NOOOOOOOO idea where the plot is going.

Yay! This is good to know.

I like to put suspense in my stories, but I tend to make my stories so ambiguous that no one actually knows what's going on.... I went back and reread the first chapter and noticed it does a lot of meandering and sometimes doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm concentrating on making Chapter One a lot more focused (and a WHOLE lot shorter).

But if it's getting to be no fun, then by all means, take a break, then come back to it all refreshed

I was contemplating doing just that, but I thought it would be cruel to come back from a 4 month hiatus and go on another one just a few weeks later.... I think all this welcome feedback will be enough to boost my creative energies and confidence in KM so that I can continue...
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Return to Kurenai Mashin