Random scribbles (talk about anything)

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:32 am

Yayyyyy!! New page! It's cool, he stabs him. NEW LAYOUT! Cool, I can't wait to see it, your layouts are always very nice ^_^ Just a few days ago I could finally see, the top picture in your current layout, cuz my old monitor sucked... I should probly start to work on a new layout for one of my sites, but I wouldn't know what to do...
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:59 pm

Yes. Stabbing is good...er...that wasn't meant to sound as bad as it did :-? I just wish I could draw fight scenes better. ie. i wish I could draw the KM moving lightning fast instead of writing "ducks lightning fast" :wink: I was trying to go for the DBZ thing -- where characters move faster than the eye can see, but there's no way I can draw as well as Toriyama Akira!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:56 pm

Me too!! I want to draw wonderfully violent battle scenes! I want to ba able to draw fight scenes like in Naruto and Flame of Recca, but mainly sword fights like in Kenshin! Sadly the eyes I draw look soo shoujo like everyone wants me to draw a shoujo manga, but in that they're usually no ppl with sickles, swords, axes and what not. I think drawing action is most ppls weak point in drawing manga(I have lots of weak points in drawing comics ^^;;;)

I saw the preview for Sealed Spirits it looks sooo cool! I want to see it so badly, I also want to see Princess Mononoke(All my anime obsesed friends have it, just haven't asked to watch it ^^;;;) I read the summery too...

[edit] I forgot to disable the horrible smilies, cus they messed up my message and I HATE them.[/edit]
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:59 pm

Awwww, you hate smilies? It must be painful reading my msgs then, I use smilies all the time :o See, see? Yeah, Kenshin has the best battle scenes and I love the very smooth style. \

Comics without sickles and stuff are boooring. Give me ev3l anyday!! :evil: In my opinion the world needs more sickle wielding ppl with big eyes. It's always the innocent ones that you have to watch out for... :P

There's a battlescene coming up in my manga, but I don't really feel like drawing it (cuz I know it'll suck...) so I think maybe I'll be lazy and just do a chibi version of a fight scene. That way I can get it over with and it'll still be somewhat easy to look at ^^
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:40 pm

Your newer pages are really cool!! Even though the first of the two newer ones was really hard to see. VERY GOOD BRAVO! Your stoy is cool.

They're best friends!! Wow dat shocked me.
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:17 pm

I wasn't too happy with the first of those two pages either. I really didn't feel like drawing, so it didn't turn out too well -- for some reason I couldn't draw chibis for the life of me, so I ended up doing pseudo stick figures and little boxes with explanations of the action. To be honest, I kinda just wanted Shaina, Kaiyen and Sao to leave, cuz they were holding up the storyline.

Oh yeah, I was going to explain how the Kurenai Mashin and Turo know each other...but I forgot. Turo actually mentioned Turo's name on page 24 of the comic...which doesn't really mean much, since I don't have an archive page... But anyway, the Kurenai Mashin's real name is Mokurei, and a long time ago, he used to live in the same village as Turo. On page 24, Turo was preparing to leave the village, and he briefly wondered if he might see Mokurei outside the village. And ta da! He did. What a coinky dink! ^^
Bluebug
Regular Poster

*ten minutes after reading previous message...*

Postby Radical Edward on Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:04 pm

:o *having just read through 24 pages of KM* Oh my God! You're right! I had completely forgotten about that by the time the last page came out!

*aside, scratches face* But then... ^_^;;; why wouldn't she be, she MADE the comic...

By the way, you mean "Turo mentions KM's name in page 24", right?

(o^.^o) Yami no Radical Edward
"Only a fool seeks his future without first striving to remember his past."
Radical Edward

Postby Bluebug on Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:20 pm

ten minutes after reading previous message...*

eep. gomen! I'm planning on putting up an archive in the next layout.

*aside, scratches face* But then... ^_^;;; why wouldn't she be, she MADE the comic...

If you're talking about how I remember Turo's reference to Mokurei way back on page 24 -- you're right, I'm 3v1l. I tend to put obscure references and a lot of foreshadowing that doesn't make sense until much later. It's fun ^^

By the way, you mean "Turo mentions KM's name in page 24", right?

I promise to explain the Turo-KM relationship much better when I come back from hiatus! Till then, you'll have to wait in suspense! ^^ Hehhe. Did I mention I was 3v1l??
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Random Randomness and a month till non-hiatus (*faints*)

Postby Radical Edward on Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:07 am

Well, now that it's November, I only have to wait ONE month till you come back from hiatus. I mentioned the "Turo-mentions-KM's-name" thing becasue you wrote "Turo mentions Turo's name" and he... well, doesn't.

Got that poster I sent you hanging anywhere? My copy's in my locker ^_^

- Yami no Radical Edward
Radical Edward

Postby Bluebug on Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:12 pm

Gomen, I've been so busy I forgot to add your poster to the fanart section. It'll be there next update.

The good news I've finished a page of the comic. Yeah - a WHOLE page! Er...did I mention I've been busy? But I think the quality is a whole lot better, so I'm pretty happy with it.

And soon I'm going to have to start working on some Christmas art!!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

In These Troubled Times

Postby Radical Edward on Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:49 pm

I first wrote this on a whiteboard at my church. It was so good I decided to write it down on paper and put it up here. It wasn't originally for KM... that lasted all of the first line... after that everything about it screams "Bluebug rules the world" ^_^;;

When your prayers go unheard and your wishes unfulfilled,
And the blood of so many, shed by your blade,
Stains your face and skin dark black;
When you try to escape, and find it futile,
When old friends are gained, and young ones lost,
When your eyes have beheld only darkness for so long
That they now see nothing at all...
Children aspire to grow up to be hit men,
Fathers teach their sons to kill,
And an innocent life is taken each minute.
So many eyes are closed to - or so many mouths distort -
Reality
That no one now knows what it is.
Protagonist.
Antagonist.
In this place, they are not so far different.
How can one know what is right or wrong,
In These Troubled Times?

Ii desu ne? ^_^;; I like this manga waaaaaaaay too much...

Radical Edward

Amazingly eerie...

Postby Bluebug on Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:11 am

Sugoi! I don't know enough Japanese to accurate describe how AWESOME your poem is ^^!! It describes KM EXACTLY and you've even predicted some future events that will be very important to the story later on (can't tell you which ones tho. It would ruin the fun! x_x)

Tho...that's a scaaary thing to write on your church whiteboard. Eeeexcellent.

Spread the evil. Infect the world! *laughs maniacally*
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby Bluebug on Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:32 am

Oh, I forgot to ask -- could you send me another version of your poster? Preferably .jpg if possible. I want to put it in my gallery.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Shameless advertising

Postby Radical Edward on Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:54 am

*fake Indian accent* What 'sit you American say, "De check is in de mail?"

*normal* Anyway, thanking you muchly about the poem. It's not really very often I get praise from anyone I know in real life. T_T my only comfort is the voiceless whispers of binary code on the internet...

*announcer voice* And now, a bit of shameless advertising from our sponsor - this is from a Yu-Gi-Oh story I'm writing and I would really like more people to read. T_T two chapters, and two reviews per chapter, and giving it time never helps any...

For a short time they were silent. Then Yami turned and began to walk away. "Most people, by the time they reach the age of two weeks, have developed some sense of trust. Perhaps artificial beings work differently."

Satoshi let him take a few more steps before he spoke. "… Artificial …? Is that all I am?"

Yami stopped, but did not turn around or reply.

"Define artificial, then," Satoshi continued. "Can you? Who says what’s real or not?" His voice steadily escalated in tone. "Who made real?! Who says, ‘Let there be light’?!!" He pointed an accusatory finger at him. "Is it you?!"

The spirit turned his head halfway, then faced Satoshi full-front. "There are many things I claim to be, but God is not one of them."

"Well, that’s the first good thing you’ve said yet!" Satoshi replied with mock cheerfulness.

I apologize greatly for this waste of your time. Thank you.

(o^.^o);; TAFKAE (look me up, ff.net);;
Radical Edward

Postby Bluebug on Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:16 am

your poster is officially up! cool.

sounds like a great story you've got going. I like Satoshi already! Poor guy, seems like he's got problems. But then who doesn't?!! Just glad I'm not artificial...or am I? *walks off mumbling about Tima (guess who just saw Metropolis? I was disappointed tho, my friend hyped it up so much! But I also FINALLY saw Spirited Away and it was the coolest movie eva!!!)*

Ahem...I will get away from the computer now before I start babbling too much!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

[no subject... again]

Postby Radical Edward on Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:04 pm

Aw, babbling's okay. I love the new pages. Chibi Mokurei wa kawaii desu!!!

Y'know, I bet when you put that wallpaper of yourself up you didn't expect anyone to put it on their desktop. Well, let it be known you've infected my computer you scoundrel you.

And thanks so much for reading Artificial Souls! I've been keeping it in mind. Y'know why? Because you're right, damn it. *smashes head into keyboard*

Radical Edward

Postby Bluebug on Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:33 pm

Mwhaha. Let the infection begin! Thanks so much for putting up my wallpaper, it really means a lot to me (sappy, but true!)

Keep up the fantastic work with Artificial Souls! I plan on reading the rest of it really soon, I've just been busy with KM stuff and an impromanga I'm working on.

And when are you going to send me your comic? I'd love to see it. If you don't mind putting it up in the forum, that would be great -- my email's acting really wierd...

Happy New Year!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

all right, all right!!! sheesh...

Postby Radical Edward on Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:01 am

Well, sure, I guess. It's kind of moot. I started over - redesigned some characters, eliminated others, and totally overthrew the plot - so I guess it doesn't matter if I put these two pages up... the only two I finished.

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Lisa\My%20Documents\stuff%20off%20CD\lisa%20-%20not%20webpage\Ryuuken%20no%20Keihin!\ch1pg1x.jpg[/img]

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Lisa\My%20Documents\stuff%20off%20CD\lisa%20-%20not%20webpage\Ryuuken%20no%20Keihin!\ch1pg2x.jpg[/img]

As I said, these really don't matter. I'm gonna start drawing the new ones this week, with any luck.

And a happy new year to you too!

PS. God I hope those images load properly. If they don't, sorry.... I don't know what I'm doing...
Radical Edward

all right, all right!!! sheesh...

Postby Radical Edward on Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:01 am

Well, sure, I guess. It's kind of moot. I started over - redesigned some characters, eliminated others, and totally overthrew the plot - so I guess it doesn't matter if I put these two pages up... the only two I finished.

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Lisa\My%20Documents\stuff%20off%20CD\lisa%20-%20not%20webpage\Ryuuken%20no%20Keihin!\ch1pg1x.jpg[/img]

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Lisa\My%20Documents\stuff%20off%20CD\lisa%20-%20not%20webpage\Ryuuken%20no%20Keihin!\ch1pg2x.jpg[/img]

As I said, these really don't matter. I'm gonna start drawing the new ones this week, with any luck.

And a happy new year to you too!

PS. God I hope those images load properly. If they don't, sorry.... I don't know what I'm doing...
Radical Edward

comic

Postby Bluebug on Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:40 pm

Ok, not trying to drive you insane, but my email's working again... and to post images in the forum, you generally need to upload the images onto your own website first, which I'm assuming you don't have...

Anyway, on KM news, I'm working on this super cool wallpaper with KM in samurai clothing. Hmm..."super cool"... I must be watching too much Naruto. Have you seen it? It's a great anime, very inventive fight scenes and hilarious characters. My humble self highly recommends it!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Kurenai Mashin