Random scribbles (talk about anything)

Random scribbles (talk about anything)

Postby Bluebug on Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:57 pm

I guess this is the dumping ground for the ranting that won't fit anywhere else. Feel free to write random thoughts about KM or just write random thoughts...

This is will probably where I will post random news updates about KM, when I don't feel like updating the actual site, or when the site is actually down, as it often is. Oh yeah, and if anyone feels like giving Japanese lessons, or just letting me know about the new Japanese word they learned from anime, that would be awesome too!!
Last edited by Bluebug on Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Wow!

Postby Phantasy on Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:28 am

I just wanted to say I love your new layout!
I think its so awesome. How do you do it? Do you use a program or something?
I need ideas for my own layout. :lol:
Phantasy

layout

Postby Bluebug on Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:17 am

Thanx! I guess spending hours on the web has finally paid off. I pretty much learned website design tricks by staring at other people's websites, which is how i figured out how to make my site fit on all screen resolutions. And I read lots of code. I use a Dreamweaver, because it gives me a great deal of control over what my site will look like.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby Phantasy on Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:11 am

Could you help me with my layout? I got Dreamweaver and I'm not really sure how to use it. I've been using notepad and ftp for so long, that's all I seem to know. Yours is so neat and efficent looking...
Phantasy

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:14 pm

Just out of curiousity what's Dreamweaver?
SailorOutlawstar

Dreamweaver

Postby Bluebug on Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:51 pm

Hi, it's the Dreamweaver guru speaking. Well, ok, so it's just me. :P Dreamweaver is a WYSIWIG (What You See Is What You Get) webpage editor. So basically, Dreamweaver lets you see your webpage as you design it. With Dreamweaver, your website is essentially a collage -- you drag around the elements of your website until you get the design that you want. This means you don't need to know code, though it helps. It also makes complicated website easier to make, because you can immediately visualize how everything works together.

Dreamweaver's fairly user friendly, though as with most programs, there are always amazing functions available that aren't easily accesible unless you know what to look for. If you have any specific questions about Dreamweaver, I'd be happy to help, phantasy. Of course, keep in mind that I'm no expert in the website design field (my first two layouts were nothing to talk about). I'm just learning as I go along. The best thing to do is to experiment and just look at other people's website to get inspiration. That of course, doesn't mean copy them. Webdesign is like any other art form. We all need to look at references to improve and get inspired!

On that note, if anyone wants to post the addresses of any sites with awesome designs, please do! I love looking at great sites, because, as I said, websites can truly be works of art! I'm actually thinking of putting up a "Website of the day" link. These sites would be sites that I think have an awesome layout, but I don't know if anyone would interested in that or not.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:37 pm

Oh so Dreamweaver is basicly the same as my Website building for Idiots thing, I should try and use it...

Oh and bluebug you icon rocks! I should get a new one for me...
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:46 am

thanx! And seriously, keep up your manga, your art work just keeps getting better! Are Chaos and Colisto going to meet soon? That is one encounter I'd like to see!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:46 pm

Thanx a lot of ppl think my art just keeps getting better, all those hours I drew through Geomatry. Colisto and Chaos meet, I can't wait for that either *sigh* but that is not for a long long time. Now that I think about it, I want to get there more so I'm going to try and finish drawing chapter 4 by mid July, then Chapter 5 by the time my school starts again in September, then chapter 6 by mid October so if all goes to plan I should be drawing that by the end of the year, but you saw my newer pages chapter 2 and 3 that was supose to all be one chapter of 25 pages, but now it is almost 60!! So it probly won't even be that soon. But when I get there I have it all planed out in my head ^__^

Oh I have a question: Do you know how to unzip a .zip file? Because I downloaded +Anima and I want to read it but it is in that funny looking writing and I dunno how to change it....
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:21 pm

You'll need a program called winzip to unzip files. You can get it at http://www.winzip.com
+Anima is really cute. Did you download that from Toriyama's World? I recommend Naruto next, if you like stories with a lot of fighting.

Wow, sounds like you have everything planned out already for your comic!! Good luck with the schedule!
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:58 pm

Akkkk! It won't unzip! The Winzip thingy works on other .zip files, but it won't unzip the +Anima zip. It says "It doesn't appear to be in a vailid archive" Do you know what that means?

Another question: WHY DID THE GUY PUSH TURO IN THE WAY!?!?!?!?
SailorOutlawstar

3v1l m3

Postby Bluebug on Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:30 pm

Try downloading the +Anima file again. It sounds like the downloaded file is corrupted (ie. didn't download properly).

Why did Turo get pushed in the way? Mwahaha, cuz I'm evil. :evil:
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:37 pm

I LOVE the two new pages, I love them, they are soooooooooooo coool!! Update sooon sooon pleazzzz!!!
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:49 am

Glad you like them! It feels kinda nice to get back to the comic. I haven't been able draw it for a while cuz of artist's block. I drew those first two updates for the week THREE times before they actually turned out right!! So it's great that somebody likes em.

Did you have a fun hiatus from Colisto? I just discovered your oekaki board yesterday - very cool! Everyone draws such cute things for you!!
***^*^***
**=^-^=**
***O O***
**_0 0_**
that's the best I can do on my computer without a drawing pad :lol:
It's Bob the Happy Tailess Cat :) (He's standing on his hindlegs in case your wondering ^^)
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:12 pm

NO TAIL!! What a sad cat!

Yeah my hiatus was ok... I accually worked on Colisto more than I normally do @_@

Ppl do draw cute stuff om my board, but not too many ppl go there... I would suck at oekaki if I didn't us my tablet, I used to use a mouse but that was so long ago if I tried that now I would have really sucky oekakis'

Question: What kind of paper do you draw your comic on!? It is sooooo big!!
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:08 am

Wai, paper size?? You've caught me ^^. I used to do my comics on normal 8"x11" paper -- that was when only one or two things happened on each page and the comic was going extremely slowly. But in order to put more action on each page, I now draw on two separate pieces of paper, then arrange the drawings on the computer. It's easier for me that way, cuz I hate drawing small pictures -- on the computer I can just reduce the size and fit all the pictures on a 900x900 pixel area.

Plus it means I don't have to plan out each page in advance and can just concentrate on enjoying drawing the pics ^^.

So have you decided if you're going to keep Colisto? Or are you going to work on Pandemonium instead? (I think you should keep Colisto^^).
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:18 am

I'm going to keep doing Colisto, I keep getting closer to the part I wanna draw! Plus it would be a waste to end it now I almost have a hundred pages posted. Plus Pandamondium, story isn't as good as the Colisto and I can't draw spaceships ^^;;;

I like your pages this big. I was just curious, cuz it would be near impossible to scan that big of paper into, unless you have a gigantic scaner @_@
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:42 pm

wow, 100 pages!! :o amazing! And feel free to ask me questions any time -- you're the only one who'll talk to me!! If not for you, my poor forum would be totally dead! Thanx for sticking with it since my first forum :D
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:25 am

Yeah I'm so proud of my hundred crappy pages ^_^

No prob, I like forums and talking with the artist of comics. Plus you comic is one of the few that have kept my interest for a while now, I lose interest easily ^^;;;

Ohhhh can you do me a favor? Can you join the top list thisng I made? Yes one day I got VERY bored.... Top Tomato [/url]
SailorOutlawstar

Postby Bluebug on Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:24 pm

oooh! I'd be honored! Next update I'll definitely join. I've gotta get working on it -- I've been spending all my time working on the next layout, which I'm so excited about, cept I can't put it up until I'm about halfway through the next chapter, cuz it's got a new character on it!! :(
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Kurenai Mashin