Talk about the art of KM

Talk about the art of KM

Postby Bluebug on Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:59 am

Anyone who's read at least two of my comic pages will realize that I can never keep the same style twice. If they didn't have distinctive clothing styles, I'm not even sure that I would recognize them.

Looking back at my earlier comics, I think my style has gotten a lot cleaner, relatively more sophisticated (i stress the "relatively" part), and a little less cartoony. Having survived on Disney cartoons as a child though, I don't expect that "cartoonish" aspect to disappear for a while...

Well, there's my short rant on my art -- there's a lot more where that came from, but I'll leave it short and sweet for now.
Last edited by Bluebug on Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby SailorOutlawstar on Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:32 am

I noticed that your pages do look different. Turo looks very different in the two newer pages at least to me.
SailorOutlawstar

art woes

Postby Bluebug on Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:33 pm

My drawing style/quality depends on my mood, which explains, I think, why every page looks different. I find Turo especially hard to draw, because my concept of his character keeps changing.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Dun Worry...

Postby Phantasy on Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:40 am

I have that problem too....my characters tend to look very different between pages. I think that's because my style is still changing and developing.
I don't mind it so much, as long as the story advances. In fact, if you look from the 1st page until now, things have changed a lot! And they still are.
Phantasy

style

Postby Bluebug on Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:26 am

I think my drawings change partly because my style is evolving, but mostly because I can't stick to any one style. To constantly draw in one style takes discipline and skill, I think, because you have to consciously make an effort to draw all your characters in a similar manner. You also have to plan in advance and make character designs for each character (which I didn't do for all of my characters, ie Turo). But that's just my opinion on my lack of "style". I think I have only one constant feature in my style though, and that's the fact that everything tends to look very cartoony, the result of the Disney cartoon brainwashing I had as a child ^_^.
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby Phantasy on Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:42 am

I don't mind the cartooniness!
I love your style, however you think it might be.
I've been brainwashed by Disney too, maybe that's why i have a love for cute things.. :)
Phantasy

cartooniness

Postby Bluebug on Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:21 am

I like drawing cute stuff, but cartooniness doesn't work if I'm trying to draw a bad or hot guy ^-^. So I usually have to concentrate extra hard when I'm drawing Sao (bad guy) and Kaiyen (who's supposed to be a hot guy)... I don't know if their personalities are obvious or not from their character drawings...
Bluebug
Regular Poster

Postby Phantasy on Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:58 am

That's so very true....I know exactly what you mean.. I have a couple of characters coming up like that. BTW, what do you think of my comic so far? Give me some suggestions or comments, I am trying.
Phantasy

Return to Kurenai Mashin