Proficient?

Is Brian W. Lenth, the author of Quid Pro Quo, proficient at cartooning?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 3

Proficient?

Postby Fhathead on Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:14 am

You mentioned on the page today that you've "...proven [yourself] not as proficient as most other cartoonists...." Are you sure you don't mean "prolific?" I'd have to say your proficience is beyond question.
Fhathead

Re: Proficient?

Postby ScottE on Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:22 am

Abandoning deadlines is probably not a good idea if you want to be prolific, though.

Hasn't worked for me, anyway. Although I don't regret abandoning them...there are some deadlines which simply must be more flexible than others.
Beware he who writes more than he reads.
--Harlan Ellison.
ScottE
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:56 pm

prolific. yes. that's what i meant. jesus christ.

well, i'm not TRYING to be more prolific by eliminating deadlines. i'm actually trying NOT to, because when i do try to, the quality tends to go down.

sadly, i don't know how much i'll get done this week, because my manager has decided to schedule me for nearly twice the hours that i requested. it sounds really bratty to say, but GOD, i hate work! real work, i mean. "here! dedicate your life to this company, and in exchange we'll give you the root of all evil!"

it's true, this job will mean that my production of comics will go down. it does, however, also mean that my production of disgusting iced coffee drinks made with "half and half" and crowned with LOTS of whipped cream will go UP, UP, UP! fair trade-off?
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Postby ScottE on Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:30 pm

PROKOFIEV2000 wrote:prolific. yes. that's what i meant. jesus christ.

well, i'm not TRYING to be more prolific by eliminating deadlines. i'm actually trying NOT to, because when i do try to, the quality tends to go down.

sadly, i don't know how much i'll get done this week, because my manager has decided to schedule me for nearly twice the hours that i requested. it sounds really bratty to say, but GOD, i hate work! real work, i mean. "here! dedicate your life to this company, and in exchange we'll give you the root of all evil!"

Wow. They pay you in root? That sucks. Can't pay the rent in root.

Twice (in my case) means 80+ hours, with a big fat healthy bonus of NO SLEEP FOR ME HAHAHAHA! to go with it.

And I don't get overtime, so I can't even spend the surplus monies on books, toys, or video games.

PROKOFIEV2000 wrote:it's true, this job will mean that my production of comics will go down. it does, however, also mean that my production of disgusting iced coffee drinks made with "half and half" and crowned with LOTS of whipped cream will go UP, UP, UP! fair trade-off?

Caffeine makes the world a happier place... so... yes? But then, so do comics... some of them, anyway... speaking generally here... so... yes?

Well, here's to everyone being as productive as they can be, clearing our obligations, repsonsibilities and duties, and leaving the world free for cartoonists to bustle in.
Beware he who writes more than he reads.
--Harlan Ellison.
ScottE
Regular Poster

Return to Quid Pro Quo