Hopeless wishes, dirty dishes / shiney fishes, too delicious

Hopeless wishes, dirty dishes / shiney fishes, too delicious

Postby Fhathead on Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:26 pm

I wanna have a lucid dream.... :(
Fhathead

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:05 am

lord knows i've had a few. it's a real head trip for your mind, and everyone's invited!

the dream that barry has is based on one i had when i was a senior in high school... mine didn't involve a big WEIRD guy without eyes or a floating balalaika. BUT it DID have flying bodies and a weird structure like that.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Postby JimRob on Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:50 am

Correction: everyone you want's invited.

Mine are usually fairly disappointing, though. In one I got out of bed, looked out of the window, walked downstairs, went into the garden and promptly woke up - in technicolour. Woo-hoo. And I've tried flying but it never lasts too long.

There are some useful tips at the Lucidity Institute, which do seem to improve the frequency and sustainability of the things.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:48 am

wow... i don't think i could ever voluntarily acheive lucidity; i don't think i can concentrate on any one thing that well.

it's really weird. my dreams got REALLY lame when i went to college. back in high school i had the best ones; like driving a small yellow 30s-style cartoon car through the wildernesses of China, using adjacent urinals with Sergei Prokofiev, eating vegetables in the bed of a pickup truck (also with Prokofiev)... i even dreamt a six-line poem once!

none of these were lucid, except perhaps the poem one. i don't really remember. i think in my case the best dreams are the ones you CAN'T control, the ones where your subconcious does all the driving and you sit back and look out the windows.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Postby JimRob on Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:09 pm

Well, it's fairly touch-and-go, really. My only (serendipitous) strategy is to repeatedly fall asleep again after waking up in the morning, so that I'm asleep but not actually that tired. This usually triggers a lucid dream.

The disadvantage of this strategy is that I usually wake up shortly afterwards, because I'm asleep but not actually that tired. And it's not really a good idea if you have to go to work that day. But I find it works.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Return to Quid Pro Quo