Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese

Postby Cafedujour on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:48 pm

Sorry. I felt like breaking the long, awkward silence.

I've been bored this past week and re-watched past animation versions of ARG. Fun stuff. I think the 1-up animation might have gotten some new fans for ARG... that is if my friends ever remember the web address. Ah well.
Cafedujour

Postby Jaster! on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:48 pm

Gasp! Forum activity! You have made me happy.

In case anyone was wondering about updates, I'm officially doing full-page comics, and they should be coming in once a week, hopefully on Fridays. The next one will probably come really late tonight or really early tomorrow morning as I haven't actually drawn it yet, but it'll go up, and with but one a week they should keep going up. Full pages are a LOT more work, but they're more fun to write and draw, and I hope other people like them as much as I do.

In the mean time, I'm going to be working on more animations. They'll go up when they go up, but I'm hoping to do several over the course of the summer. Current project has just been tweaking the 1-up animation gradually by very small amounts. If anybody can notice the changes I made... they get a cookie or something. I dunno.

That's... all I've got. How are you guys? Anybody else ever still check this place out? Because it's a little known fact that people who post here are among the coolest ever. Really.
ARG! - Something... different?
Jaster!
Regular Poster

Postby CaptainSpam on Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:12 pm

Well, I still stop by. Er... yeah.

Full-page comics would be nice. As long as we get our ARG fix! :-)

And I'll have to look over the 1-Up one again, then... Hm...
- CaptainSpam
The Dementia of Magic - Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
CaptainSpam
Regular Poster

Postby Jaster! on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:14 am

Did I say Friday? I meant Monday. Things are getting inexplicably busy, and the comic's turning out to be complicated and junk.
Jaster!
Regular Poster

Postby Dark Knight ez on Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:30 am

Well, I kinda left after yet another period of updates-drought
and no activity in this forum...
I thought you might have abandoned the entire comic.

Anyway, good to hear you're busy at it again.
The Rubik's Cube animation was... well... weird to say the
least. :p

edit:
About the 1-Up animation... though I haven't seen it in a
long time, I think the changes are:
1. Greenish mushroom in midair.
2. Ninja vs Pirate fight now says "Fight" and stuff.
3. DJ slash bartender slash alien stays longer on screen.

Am I right?
MUTINY. did you read that word just now?
yes? good, good. you'll be reading that a lot from now on.
Dark Knight ez
Regular Poster

Location: you'll never find out where i'm scheming, planning my coupe de... err... coupe d.... MUTINY!

Postby Jaster! on Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:53 am

Number 3's wrong, it just seem's longer because everything else is moving at such a fast pace. One day I'm going to put something else in there. Hopefully.

Aaand, there was other stuff but it's all really minor and subtle, I barely even notice most of it. For example the chalkboard has different drawings, and Fred blinks now (he didn't before). It's really sad that that's all I have to show for anything, though.

I really need to stop neglecting this stuff. It's hard, though... and a lot more work than I've felt like doing recently. Why? I dunno, I'm probably just lazy. :wink:
Jaster!
Regular Poster

Postby Dark Knight ez on Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:22 am

Well... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
So, are you already working on a new comic,
or are you having another period of laziness? :p
Dark Knight ez
Regular Poster

Location: you'll never find out where i'm scheming, planning my coupe de... err... coupe d.... MUTINY!

Postby Jaster! on Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:06 pm

Comic is all drawn out, just have to ink, color, and add text to it. At the moment I'm working on a side project that should be pretty cool. It's comics, and when it's posted it'll be several pages at once. It might be a bit before it comes out, though, and it won't be in color.
Jaster!
Regular Poster

Postby Mr.Bob on Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:52 am

Hey Jaster, I just noticed that the adsize has changed and as a result it's wrecked your pretty adam's road gang advertisment generator or whatever the hell that thing is.
Mr.Bob
:(

Postby Jaster! on Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:23 am

Yeah, I've noticed that too, sure which they'd told me the ad size might change before I integrated the size they told me into a complicated table graphic. And if I redesign it for the new size, it'll probably change again, and I'd really rather not have the giant ad all over the top of the site.

It's stuff like this that makes me want to jump ship off the S.S. Keenspace and get my own cool ad-free URL somewheres... if anybody has good suggestions as to places to do that, I might just take them up on it.
Jaster!
Regular Poster

Postby Mr.Bob on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:15 am

Would it make any difference to your update schedule? And I'm using the term "schedule" loosely here.
Mr.Bob

Postby Jaster! on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:47 pm

It might. Problem is? I'm being overly self-critical and perfectionisty about these comics, and trying to do artistic stuff to them that's making them take forever to produce. Which makes for pretty comics that happen so few and far between that no one is really that interested in reading them.

Soooo... I need to either downgrade a couple levels (drop the color, go back to strips, stop worrying about art, copy and paste more, something!) to allow myself to actually do stuff, OR change formats entirely, redesign the site, and put my efforts into making purely animated shorts for content, which there'd still be a big gap between updates, but the updates would be much cooler and appeal to a lot more people (especially once I have more content than a single decent one-minute cartoon).

It's a dilemma, and I really worry about being able to pull either of them off. The latter keeps looking more and more appealing, though.
Jaster!
Regular Poster

Postby Dark Knight ez on Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:39 am

I have to say, both of those options look good to me.
Making animations looks more appealing to me, since
you really got mad Flash skills. Would be a shame if
that went to waste. :p
Dark Knight ez
Regular Poster

Return to ARG!