HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHEONIX!!!!!!!!!
- Lovemyshinji
- Newbie
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:32 pm
- Location: a room..with a MOOSE!!
- Contact:
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHEONIX!!!!!!!!!
ok....i may be a few days behind...but i didn't see anyone else mention anything about this...
AM I THE ONLY ONE JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR JOY HERE????
HP 5 AVAILABLE JUNE 21!!!!!!!
here's a sneeky peeky that i found at BBC..it's the beginning..
"The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four."
GYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
and more....
"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.
"'It is time,' he said, 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry.
"'Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'"
AM I SERIOUSLY THE ONLY ONE SALAVATING HERE????
OOOO june will come sooon enough....
AM I THE ONLY ONE JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR JOY HERE????
HP 5 AVAILABLE JUNE 21!!!!!!!
here's a sneeky peeky that i found at BBC..it's the beginning..
"The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four."
GYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
and more....
"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.
"'It is time,' he said, 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry.
"'Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'"
AM I SERIOUSLY THE ONLY ONE SALAVATING HERE????
OOOO june will come sooon enough....
Last edited by Lovemyshinji on Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Keep smiling and maybe your head'll explode ^_^
-
ZOMBIE USER 12747
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- Lovemyshinji
- Newbie
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:32 pm
- Location: a room..with a MOOSE!!
- Contact:
*screams* HARRY POTTER! OMG FINALLY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MUST READ MUST READ!
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

- Elissa1984
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:53 am
- Location: HELL
- Contact:
COOL
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL xD
THANKS FOR THE NEWS I ALMOST FORGOT
YaaaaYYYY THIS IS GREAT xD
i can't wait too ^^
O_o Ill go watch Lord of the rings the two towers tomorrow , but am a coward
I'm scared of Golum
but ill go watch it anyway its been so long ignoring it ^^ somebody saw the movie here?? hey i doubt nobody did ^^
THANKS FOR THE NEWS I ALMOST FORGOT
YaaaaYYYY THIS IS GREAT xD
i can't wait too ^^
O_o Ill go watch Lord of the rings the two towers tomorrow , but am a coward
- Kave Straye
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:21 pm
- Location: Alberta
- Contact:
It'll probably a big Hardcover... Hardcovers are expensive because they're hardcovered. I bet the reason it took her so long to write is because she was helping out with the movies. And I saw the Two Towers. Gollum is silly. But I didn't really notice him all that much... Maybe because I was so busy chanting "LegolasLegolasLegolas!" and "tinktinktink" and stuff.... Bishi Legolas....
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

Speaking of big hardcovers, does anyone know about how long it's gonna be? I mean, they keep getting bigger and bigger... Which isn't a bad thing, aside from the cost. ^^;
Legato Bluesummers
"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."
"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."
I think it's close to 800 pages. n.n
I really liked Gollum.
I was dreading seeing him, but it could have been much worse. I think getting an actor to map out his movements was a good idea.
I really liked Gollum.
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>
-
ZOMBIE USER 12716
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
-
ZOMBIE USER 12747
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
Actually I heard that it's going to be as long as the fourth one. But then again I could be wrong. I saw Lord of the Rings The Two Towers, but I have only seen it once. EeeK! I love Legolas. He's so cool! (Okay I don't really love him I just think he's a cool character.) And Gollum is kind of scary what with the whole split personality and all. But other than that it was a cool movie.
- Kave Straye
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:21 pm
- Location: Alberta
- Contact:
-
ZOMBIE USER 12747
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- Farfarello
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
- Location: ...in front of a computer.
*falls over" Wh...what? You mean it's actually gonna come out? The 5th one? After three years of no news, it's coming out this very summer? Last I heard, Rowling was writting the last chapter of the 7th book to be put in a safe and kept there, in the event that she dies or went into a coma or something, so then everyone would still know what happened. But now, new news (...that sounds odd...new news -_-). Wait'll I tell mom! (Yes, my mom is a bigger fan of it than I am, I used to read her a chapter every morning...ah well)
Nu-uh. For kicks, my friend and I saw the movie a second time, and counted the number of times Legsie had a a "I'm so pretty" expression on his face. The count was around sixty, which is... once every three minutes, on average.Kave Straye wrote:Hahaha...Legolas only has two faces throughout the entire movie though. A confused face and a sandwich face.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.
-
ZOMBIE USER 12747
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- Lovemyshinji
- Newbie
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:32 pm
- Location: a room..with a MOOSE!!
- Contact:
YEAH!! they said that this one is going to be "38 chapters and 255,000 words - a third longer than the last book. "
oooo i'm so happy!
i haven't seen LOTR Two Towers yet...my brothers are both huge fans..i like it just fine, but i'm not as obsessed about it as i am Harry Potter. i might go today... weeeee
i thought i read somewhere that Rowling was gunna make the 5th book smaller than the 4th...hmmm...that's ok! we want more and more!!
now, i have to try not to explode till June 21...^_^
oooo i'm so happy!
i haven't seen LOTR Two Towers yet...my brothers are both huge fans..i like it just fine, but i'm not as obsessed about it as i am Harry Potter. i might go today... weeeee
i thought i read somewhere that Rowling was gunna make the 5th book smaller than the 4th...hmmm...that's ok! we want more and more!!
now, i have to try not to explode till June 21...^_^
Keep smiling and maybe your head'll explode ^_^
- Elissa1984
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:53 am
- Location: HELL
- Contact:
HEY !! I saw lord of the rings the two towers today and THATS RIGHT GOLLUM IS REALLY SILLY ...i thought he was scary but he's an idiot
YES LEGOLAS IS THE BEST ^^ and Frodo and Aragorn 8) yay!!
i think the first movie was better than the second one ...
anyway i can't wait for more ^^ Harry potter and lord of the rings
YES LEGOLAS IS THE BEST ^^ and Frodo and Aragorn 8) yay!!
i think the first movie was better than the second one ...
anyway i can't wait for more ^^ Harry potter and lord of the rings
-
ZOMBIE USER 12232
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1421
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
i was watching this biography on J.K. Rowling last friday (when i stayed home cuz of a cold) and she had the last chapter with her, it basicly just said what happens to everyone after school and fighting evil-ness 'n stuff. anyways, i'm already planning on staying up to get my hands on a copy at 12:01 am june 21.
-
ZOMBIE USER 12747
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- Mira Fastfire
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:50 am
- Location: Santa Cruz County
- Contact:
I await the newest HP book with a mix of dread and excitement. Excitement because a) I want to find more shounen-ai hints and b) I've heard a rumor that someone dies, that Rowling had a hard time writing his/her death, and I want the angst.
I'm dreading it, because of the extended length. 22,000 words more than the last one. The last one was poorly edited, if it was edited at all, and I really don't want to have to slogh my way through 22,000 more words of the same unedited slop. I don't mean that she isn't a good writer. I mean that a good writer's work is NOTHING if it isn't edited. If a writer is famous enough, companies say "Oh well it's (insert name here), he/she is such a good writer that they don't need to be edited!" and the writer's work turns into slop. Look at Ursula LeGuin!
Erf, that wasn't supposed to be that ranty ^_^;; oh well...
I'm dreading it, because of the extended length. 22,000 words more than the last one. The last one was poorly edited, if it was edited at all, and I really don't want to have to slogh my way through 22,000 more words of the same unedited slop. I don't mean that she isn't a good writer. I mean that a good writer's work is NOTHING if it isn't edited. If a writer is famous enough, companies say "Oh well it's (insert name here), he/she is such a good writer that they don't need to be edited!" and the writer's work turns into slop. Look at Ursula LeGuin!
Erf, that wasn't supposed to be that ranty ^_^;; oh well...
~Mira
The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum!
The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum!