ratings

Postby Dracoboy on Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:20 pm

Aelyn wrote:
It makes you wonder, if we weren't raised from birth to believe that male/female relationships are the only normal combination... if there would be more variety? I don't just mean people with homosexual inclinations no longer fearing to indulge them. I mean, sometimes I wonder if I hadn't been raised that way, if I might have spent as much time checking out the girls as the guys. Like maybe being straight is just something that's become subconsciously ingrained. Heh.

Bingo! This made me hapy because it's the stance we take in my Anthro/Soc class. ^_^ We were discussing a certain society (in New Guinea, I think) that is actually heterophobic, and homosexuality is encouraged, and it's all embedded in their culture to think that way. (Of course, they also treat women like shit, but that's not what I'm talking about here n.n; ) I know there's an argument that it's wrong to descriminate against homosexuals because they just biologically turned out that way, and I don't mean to belittle that because it's a good defense, but I think the degree of acceptance in the environment has more of an impact than people give it credit for.

In case you can't tell, I like that class a lot. ~_^

Sounds like a very interesting class. And yes, it's very obvious you like that class, who can blame you for that. :D
I'm feeling at home here *looks around happy*
Dracoboy
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12076 on Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:33 pm

I am not too fond of het, but nobody warns me when there is boy/girl stuff on a site.

Heh heh, that's a good point! I'm not a big fan of het either, and the live-action het out of Hollywood is almost always a major turn off for me. So THEY should have warnings! I think maybe I'll amend my website to say, "warning: this website has heterosexual pairings." Lol, I like that.

Bingo! This made me hapy because it's the stance we take in my Anthro/Soc class. ^_^

Anthro/Soc? What's that short for? Sounds like a really great class. I could use more of those. I haven't really been impressed with a class since I took ALM in Junior High. ALM is a different approach to learning where they focus on the different ways that people absorb information and then utilize that. So everyone learns and does their assignments in whichever way is best suited to them. ^^

Anyway, Anthro/Soc sounds like one I'd want to take. I wonder if there would be anything similar even offered around here. =p
ZOMBIE USER 12076
Regular Poster

Postby Aelyn on Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:00 pm

Anthro/Soc? What's that short for?

Officially the class is something like "Introduction to Culture through Anthropology and Sociology". I guess it's kinda self-explanatory. But for the last month and a half or so, we've been taking examples of things that we assume are natural or whatever and show that they may actually be influenced more by culture. Um... well, we're talking about race right now, and how there's no scientific way to separate people based on biology... it's just an idea that we're brought up to believe in. Things like that. Anyway. Everyone sitting around me seems to hate it, but I think it's great. ^___^
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>
Aelyn
Regular Poster

:P

Postby Mira Fastfire on Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:07 pm

[quote]It makes you wonder, if we weren't raised from birth to believe that male/female relationships are the only normal combination... if there would be more variety?[/b]

I wasn't! *beams with pride* Although I grew up mainly in southern CA (Los Angeles to be specific), I grew up with 3 parents: My mom, my mom's wife, and my mom's husband. ^_^ And to go down the list... *takes a breath* I'm bi, my sister's bi, my mom's bi, my mom's (now ex-) wife is at least bi, and my mom's sister is a lesbian!

SO THERE! MWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! -=^_^=- I was never really in the closet 'cause I never NEEDED to be! -=^_^=- YAR!
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:09 pm

Yeah, I figure that unless it's graphic, you should either warn for nothing or EVERYTHING.

Warning; this comic may possibly involve something that could be taken as sexual innuendo, if you are an especially horny individual, between a man and a woman.

As an example.

I've actually had a ...sort of theory (I have many theories, and they more often than not, contradict each other) that everyone is bisexual, and just not everyone has found someone of their own gender, or opposite gender, attractive.

I sort of back this up by the fact that when homosexuality is encouraged, there's a lot more of it. Combined with the fact that all people really need to get off physically is a talented hand......

Um.
Right.

I think I've said too much now.

(Actually, I intend to write an essay on this at some point. You know. For the hell of it.)

--Maureen
If they can beat me, they deserve to win.
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Dracoboy on Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:45 am

Wow! There are a lot of interesting views on homosexuality here.
I know most of my replies are short (due to a lack of time), but I'll do a little effort now.

It's my believe that the majorityof people is bi and that a little pecentage is het- or gay-orientated. It was like that since the stone-age, the bronce-age,... until something went very wrong during the development of human morals and standards: a certain minority succeeded to force their morals upon the majority.
Many historians believe this.

7 or 8 years ago an homophobical (I think it is an American) professor stated that homosexuality was wrong because it doesn't excists in nature and he was going to proove this by a 2 year lasting research.
After those 2 years he admited he had been wrong all these years: every animal species he had observed had homosexual individuals and bisexuality seemed to be the norm.
I really can't remember the name of the man, but he's a very big name in his domain of expertise. After him a lot of other experts came to the same conclusion.
Sad enough all homophobicals just deny these conclusions.

So, to go short; I believe that the majority is bisexual, not 50/50, but in some way, and that homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality.

*throws his dutch/english dictionary to the other side of the room* I know that there are probably a lot of grammatical mistakes, but hey, I did the best I can.
Dracoboy
Regular Poster

Postby Chibi tsuki chan on Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:53 am

The Greek actually had an interesting theory on homosexuality. I translated it in my Greek classes last year and I think it's kind of cute ^_^ Here it is:

In the beginning, humans were like a circle with 4 arms, 4 legs and 2 heads. They were called the male-female gender. They walked just like humans do now [upright], and when they wanted to get somewhere fast, they rolled. Now they were very powerful and had a lot of pride and arrogance, so they tried to attack the Gods. Zeus and the other Gods were very scared by this. Zeus thought of a solution of the problem, and said to the other Gods: 'I have to cut the humans in 2, so they will be weaker and have to walk upright [no longer rolling]. But if they won't behave themselves, I will cut them in half again, so they will have to walk on one leg!' And so it was done. And because Zeus cut every human in half, everyone is just one half of themselves now. Every human longs to find their other half, be it man or woman. The word for that longing for the whole self is now called Eros.
Life is a sexual transmitted disease, and 100% fatal.
Chibi tsuki chan

Postby Dracoboy on Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:00 am

chibi tsuki chan wrote:The Greek actually had an interesting theory on homosexuality. I translated it in my Greek classes last year and I think it's kind of cute ^_^ Here is is:

The Greek thought that at the beginning, humans were like a circle with 4 arms, 4 legs and 2 heads. They were called the male-female gender. They walked just like humans do now [upright], and when they wanted to get somewhere fast, they rolled. Now they were very powerful and had a lot of pride and arrogance, so they tried to attack the Gods. Zeus and the other Gods were very scared by this. Zeus thought of a solution of the problem, and said to the other Gods: 'I have to cut the humans in 2, so they will be weaker and have to walk upright [no longer rolling]. But if they won't behave themselves, I will cut them in half again, so they will have to walk on one leg!' And so it was done. And because Zeus cut every human in half, everyone is just one half of themselves now. Every human longs to find their other half, be it man of woman. The word for that longing for the whole self is now called Eros.

Yeah, I know that story to, it's a good illustration what love really is about and that it has nothing to do with gender.

Life is a sexual transmitted disease, and 100% fatal.

Heheheh, it is, but it's a fun disease.
Dracoboy
Regular Poster

First off I'd like to say I'm a guy...

Postby Dacheran on Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:06 am

...and the only real problem I have with guy/guy and girl/girl pairings, is that if everyone was like that the human race as a whole would become extinct. OR however you spell it.
Dacheran

Re: First off I'd like to say I'm a guy...

Postby Dracoboy on Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:19 am

Dacheran wrote:...and the only real problem I have with guy/guy and girl/girl pairings, is that if everyone was like that the human race as a whole would become extinct. OR however you spell it.

Not really, there's still something like "the urge to propagate".
So, if the whole world was gay I'm sure the lesbians and gay couples would come to some kind of agreement to make sure there are childeren. And they would have 4 parents instead of 2.
But again, I think the majority being bi is closer to the truth than anything else.
Dracoboy
Regular Poster

Postby Notyetknown on Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:54 am

<---- male and very straight... i think....

i am very striaght and sorta male, did i say that right?

butt i guess i grew up totally numb too all of this homophobic attitude.... i grew up in a very racist/homophobic part of tx, butt i seem to have missed out on the hate.

i like how i turned out though. my bestfriend/male grew up in a lesbian family, and he thinks nothing of it... but he does hate his other 'mom'.

me being half asian/white trash, i was always teased as a kid. but instead of becoming bitter, oh wait, i am bitter. let me say that again, instead of becoming hateful, well damn... i am hate ful!

let just put it this way, i hope that all of those people who teased me will burn in agony, and get diarriah for a week strait and stub their toes every time they run to the bathroom!!

but im pretty open minded about anything, and i love this comic and everything i think it stands for!

*pulls out lightning gun and snipes one of the childhood tormentors*

*snuggles against holden for support*
--------
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
Notyetknown
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12232 on Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:01 pm

cough, cough... i kinda think that gay guys making out is... kinda sexy... cough cough... maybe its just the arcana guys though, but its kinda a turn on to watch the guys make out... or maybe i'm just weird...
Oh and just for info I'm from alabama but thankfully the "hate everything thats different" gene skipped me.
ZOMBIE USER 12232
Cartoon Hero

Why?

Postby Mira Fastfire on Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:03 pm

i like how i turned out though. my bestfriend/male grew up in a lesbian family, and he thinks nothing of it... but he does hate his other 'mom'.

Why did you put Mom in quotes? Isn't she as much one of his mothers as the other one?

And on the bisexuality thing, my sis tends to think something like that. It makes sense to me. The really sad thing I'm finding is that bisexual people are ostracized from both the straight and gay communities. Gay people will say that we're "taking the easy way out" or "are confused" or "are going through a stage". It really upsets me, because it's NONE of those things! I am that I am. It's hypocritical for the gay community to act like that, too.

Last Friday, Oct. 11, was National Coming Out day, btw, for those who don't know ^_^.

There's a new theory on how homosexuality in men happens. Apparently, men who have older brothers are more likely to be gay. The theory is that when the mother is pregnant with the first male, her body builds a resisitance to the testasterone (lol sp?). Somehow, that has something to do with the next male child having a higher chance of being gay. The theory doesn't apply to women, though. :P
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster

Postby Notyetknown on Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:16 am

Kittygirl35226, don't worry... the same friend I mentioned before has a girlfriend that is turned on by the same thing. She's always trying too get us to make out.

Mira, I only put the mom in '' because he doesn't consider her his mom. He calls her by her first name, and only refers to her as 'mom' when he's being cynical about her.
--------
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
Notyetknown
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12232 on Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:30 am

*dances* I'm not the only one! yay!!!
ZOMBIE USER 12232
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Arcana