Opinions of a newbie...

Opinions of a newbie...

Postby Silver_Ronin on Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:38 am

Um, hi there! New to the forum, not to the comic. I adore Arcana, it kicks major portions. :D Anyway, just thought I'd post some of my opinions...
First, are there any Kisoka fans out there? After todays comic, I think the number may dwindle a little. I know not a whole lot of people are that enamored with Vincent, after what he did to poor Holden, but Adonis did the exact same thing to Vincent (apparently). Maybe it's just in a vampire's blood? (Sorry, no pun intended.) Of course, if he follows in the way of his maker, Holden may end up feeling for Vincent the way Vincent felt about Adonis. Regardless, Kisoka should have done something to help Vincent out. I don't understand the whole "..means to a f****ing end...", said by Vincent, and honestly, don't care. It doesn't matter what was going on, Kisoka should have helped Vincent when he really needed her. For Kisoka to just jump in and try to help Holden out seems a little vain to me, almost as if she's trying to make amends with herself. That's just bad and wrong...it's badong.
Besides that, does anyone else feel like Caine is going to jump off stage any moment and kick the crap out of Vincent? There was that one comic where Holden says Caine's name and Caine looks around for Holden (or did Holden say anything at all?). I think now would be an appropriate time for Caine to show he can protect his little brother.
On an ending note, I noticed Vincent had golden eyes when he was human (in todays comic). I feel like that's another connection to him and Holden, in a subtle way. Does that mean if/when Holden becomes a vampire, he'll have red eyes, too?

All right, enough from me.
Allie B.

"I want a dream lover, so I don't have to dream alone..."
Silver_Ronin

Postby Aelyn on Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:35 am

*tries to pick out where to start* n.n; Well, first of all...welcome! :3

1. There seem to be quite a few Kisoka followers around here. ^^; And Vincent-fans too. But I'm not going to bother trying to put the whole Vincent/Kisoka/Adonis thing into perspective, because it was messy and unfair and should unfold whenever Kisoka gets up the nerve to explain herself. >_> Long story short: She definitely knows what she did (or didn't do) was wrong.

2. You get lots of points for working in the word 'badong'. XD

3. Caine will have his moments soon...!

4. And the eye color thing is a bad coincidence. >_< Vincent, Caine, and Kisoka all have/had brown eyes, but something always happens to make them look kinda gold. It's not fair! *stabs the color wheel* ...Okay, I'm done.
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>
Aelyn
Regular Poster

Postby Snow Goddess Brooke on Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:01 pm

I think most people just like Kisoka because she's one of the few female characters that rock very much. Azreal is nice, but she's too SCARILY hyper and if I met her she'd probably drive me to hide in a corner. Kisoka's neat but NEED MORE BACKSTORY. *threatens with an ice pick*

Enough violence. Arcana needs more r0xz females! I want harpies. HARPIES!!

~SGB, caw.
Your lucid guide to madness.
Snow Goddess Brooke

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12076 on Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:48 pm

Hmm, let's see...

#1. Vincent
ZOMBIE USER 12076
Regular Poster

Postby Salem on Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:43 pm

Hm, my first post here! :o I'd say how much I love Arcana, but I'd end up rambling too much. ^^; Hmm, my favorite characters... Vincent and Kisoka! (Vincent on looks, Kisoka on personality -- is that even legal, having two favs like that? XD;;)

...Badong. XD;;

Hmm, I dunno, vanity? I get the feeling that, though Kisoka might be strong willed (like when she threatened Vincent), she was kind of helpless in the past, and is probably going to be here, if Vincent proceeds to rape(?) Holden. She was forceful with Vincent earlier, and now she's begging with him not to... Maybe some sort of promise/pact/contract with someone prevents her from interfering with vampish matters?

Heeey, Kisoka's kind of like an angsty bishounen, except female. O_o;; Scary.

Oh, and one last thing~ http://www.skyfallmanga.com/ . It seems to be MADE for me. XD;; It's like Record of Lodoss War with shounen ai in it. XP
='-'=
Salem

Kisoka love -=^_^=-

Postby Mira Fastfire on Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:40 am

I like Kisoka so much 'cause she's a BABE. and angsty ^_^ Angst is always good. I DO love this strip, especially the panel just above the rose panel. Erk, this makes me hate Adonis more :P

Poing!
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster

re:

Postby RubyD on Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:41 am

That would make her an angsty Bishoujo, ne? ^_~ Bi=beautiful, shoujo=girl. Shounen is boy, respectively...

And whoever mentioned up there - yeah, the details in today's page was just lovely. The rain and the window, especialy. But also how the coloring on Adonis's hair was done, because it looks so good.

Poor Vincent...

~RubyD
"When I have no where to go, will you shelter me?" - http://clippedwings.keenspace.com/ Clipped Wings, my keenspace comic! (Shounen ai)
RubyD

Postby ZOMBIE USER 10461 on Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:53 am

Hello everyone!! Im quite new too(always post on the BmB forum). I just gotta say I love Arcana! But why is Adonis all zombie like?
ZOMBIE USER 10461
Regular Poster

Postby Dracoboy on Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:46 pm

JayGDee wrote: I just gotta say I love Arcana! But why is Adonis all zombie like?

Because he was bitten by Vincent and it seems that caused his personality to disapear and become all zombie-like. I think.
Dracoboy
Regular Poster

heee

Postby Mira Fastfire on Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:12 pm

heeee yeaaaaaaaaah -=^_^=- nummy angsty bishoujo is good for you.....
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster

Postby Chauni on Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:27 pm

I think... I am far too quiet on this board. ::small smile::

Actually, out of everyone, Vincent has proven to be my favorite so far. I find him to be so completely angsty and "off", that I can't help but love him. ::smiles:: But then again, I always did have a thing for the villians of stories. Adonis... that's another... ::smirks and purrs::

Stuff just keeps getting better and better on here; great work! Each time leaves me hanging and craving for more. You are doing an amazing job, and I can't say that enough!

::stands up, clapping:: Thank you for such a wonderful comic!
Chauni

Return to Arcana