No Sunday Comic (09/29)

No Sunday Comic (09/29)

Postby Aelyn on Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:16 am

My computer is just... screwed. I started it last night, but I can't do the comic with these settings. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it fixed, as everyone who might be able to help me is currently out of reach. ^_^;;; Oi. I'll keep you posted...
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>
Aelyn
Regular Poster

!!!

Postby Karissa_chan on Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:00 am

!!!!!!!

!

!!!!!!!!!!!

noooo.....*falls over*......!
My...my fix of Arcana won't come on Sunday??? AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I swear, I'm addicted. ^^;
That's what makes me drag myself out of bed Monday morning!

Oh well. *le sigh*
Computers will be computers. BTW, what's it doing? Or rather, -not- doing? ^^;
<I>"It was looking upon the tired thatch of innumerable chalets and cottages that she realized Hell somewhat resembled Disneyland."</I>
Karissa_chan

Postby Aelyn on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:10 am

Apart from Windows failing to load this morning, which I managed to fix (obviously n.n), the color and resolution are stuck on very disgusting settings. I can't possibly draw right on a resolution this small (640 x 480), and the only colors I have use of are red blue and yellow, and they're also pretty messed up.

Well, those are the only problems directly related to the comic anyway. There are lots more. ~~; I'm reformatting as soon as I can pin down someone who knows the DOS command for it. (My anime will be lost... and I don't want to do this until I'm sure I can get my hands on Painter and Dreamweaver again.)

Edit: ... yeah. I can't even open Dreamweaver or Painter with this. Lovely 16 colors. Aren't they beautiful. </sarcasm>
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>
Aelyn
Regular Poster

aww! :P

Postby Mira Fastfire on Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:17 pm

that's not happy at all!! :( Work, computer, work!! ...please?

You sure you didn't get a virus or something like that? Have you run Viruscan and Scandisk and Defrag and all that? :P
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster

Postby Aelyn on Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:00 pm

Yeah, I checked on those. :\ Ah well. Reformatting shall take place on Sunday. I'll try to get a little something extra done to make up for it on Tuesday. ^_^ (drawing with a pencil?! *gasp* ...)
Aelyn
Regular Poster

awww

Postby Imbrii on Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:37 pm

sorry to hear that! I hope it works again soon. Computers can be so very evil >_<
and hopefully I won't have too much Arcana withdrawl. I'm quite addicted.
Good luck with the evil computer.
Imbrii

Postby Mandichan on Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:42 am

It sounds like your comp is stuck in the dreaded safe mode!!! This happened to me before too (many times ^_^).. It does this when it thinks something's really wrong, so it should cut down to the minimum stuff, like such few colors ^_^ (But it doesn't always mean your comp is dying, don't worry!! ^_^)

There are a couple things you can do, one is watch closely while your starting up, sometimes a little message thing comes up, like "if you don't press f2 now, your comp will go into safe mode"! Another thing you can do is just manually change the settings back once you load up windows (right click on the desktop and then click properties, then settings.. and change your color and size settings back)

If those things don't work.. umm I know there's something else you can do when it starts up, but I forget what... ^_^ (One of the "F" buttons I think!!! ^_^)

Hope that helps somehow ^_^;;

--Mandichan
Mandichan
Regular Poster

Postby Aelyn on Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:52 am

That's not it either. ;_; I had to go into Safe Mode to fix the problem with Windows not loading properly, and I didn't even have access to the internet in Safe Mode (Though this color/resolution problem WAS there at the time). But I know I specifically didn't go into Safe Mode after that, because I had to choose something else that allowed me to manually choose which drivers to work with Windows. The help section told me which two to leave out. Might have something to do with that... But I'm definitely not in Safe Mode right now. Someone's coming to help me on this today. If he can't fix the color problem, there will be much Windows reinstalling.
Aelyn
Regular Poster

Postby Aelyn on Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:51 pm

IT WORKS!! O Glorious Day... Okay. I'm getting Dreamweaver and Painter from Tracey tomorrow, and I already had a considerable head-start on Sunday's lineart, so Tuesday's comic should be a-go. ^_^ Whoo. Hoo.

Now I need music. Oh yes.
Aelyn
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12076 on Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:34 pm

So does this mean that Sunday's comic is postponed until Tuesday? x.X Oi, I think that was my sixth life that just slipped away... :cry:

I understand the situation. It astounds me that you are able to accomplish so much on the schedule that you do as it is. *awed*

Btw, out of curiosity - what *do* you draw with? A Wacom tablet? Maybe it says somewhere here... I should take the time to do my research.

Anyway, THANX for sharing your phenomenal talents with the world! There are only two web comics that I make the effort to keep up with, and this is one of them. I love everything about it. ^__^
ZOMBIE USER 12076
Regular Poster

Postby Aelyn on Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:31 am

Yep, tis a Wacom tablet. ^_^ And I don't have enough time to make two comics for Sunday and Tuesday, I'm just bumping Sunday's comic ahead to Tuesday. n.n;;; Plus I made a sketchie because I was so happy to have Painter back.

<a href="http://arcana.keenspace.com/images/cuddle.JPG">Looky!</a>
Aelyn
Regular Poster

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Postby Karissa_chan on Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:47 pm

*dies of happiness*
Sloane and Holden! X3
Love! Love is in the air! *giggles*

Thank you Kelly! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....VERY pretty. XD but then again, you had two very pretty models. ^o^

~*Karissa
<I>"It was looking upon the tired thatch of innumerable chalets and cottages that she realized Hell somewhat resembled Disneyland."</I>
Karissa_chan

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12076 on Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:55 pm

Eeek! That's another one of the cutests pics yet!! x.X You outdo yourself! Thank you. ^__^

I received a Wacom tablet as a gift once and used to use it to trace pencil sketches onto the computer, but it was tedius and I had a difficult time getting lines as sharp as I wanted them. That was years ago, though... I wonder if those tablets have improved. <_< Thanks for the input. ^^

Anyway, can't wait until Tuesday! :D
ZOMBIE USER 12076
Regular Poster

Return to Arcana