Colored comic (Friday's)... >_>

Postby Aelyn on Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:56 pm

Hmm... just looking for a little feedback on the color idea. ^_^; I haven't read too many web-manga with colored pages (at least occasionally), and I really have no opinion on it. Anyone else have any thoughts? :

Coloring was fun, but it seems like the black and white ones looked better. ... And I think that's all I've got for substance in this post. >_>; *sneaks away*
Aelyn
Regular Poster

Postby Ladyeclectic on Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:26 pm

Actually, I really liked it. :smile: It's a lot like the way you do your b&w comics, at least as far as shading is concerned, except this time we actually get to see a bit of color. I for one liked it; seeing Vincent's red eyes was just good eye-candy. *lol* Seriously though, if it wasn't any harder than doing in in b&w, then I'm all for the color! And the different skin tones didn't even show through; I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. :grin:

Oh, and THANKS FOR THE PLUG!!!! EEE, thank you thank you thank you!! :smile:
[Note: the insane latter response had nothing to do with my former thoughts. :smile: I really do like the colored version of this comic; wish I could do it with mine, but I'm not altogether good with CG. What program do you use?]

Can't wait for more yaoi goodness! :grin:
Sarah
<a href="http://ladyeclectic.realmofredheads.com/losli">Life...or something like it</a>
Ladyeclectic

Postby Chihaya on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:53 pm

Aelyn-chan, i LOVE YOUR SITE AND I LOVE YOUR MANGA!!! what happens next? ^.^ i'm gonna visit your site like everyday and drool over your drawings XD ...ah the prettiness =^.^= you're so talented! and patient too! *makes you a shrine* i draw some, but i'm a lazy bum! LOL! ohh i love your site...did i say that already? XD ...ah but it's 1 in the morning, so i'll be going now....but i'll be back! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!
ja ne ;-D
Chihaya

Postby Andariel on Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:56 pm

I really really really liked the color! :P Indeed Vincent's red eyes was just absolute eye kandy. ::Swoon.:: Seriously, if it wasn't that much more work to have it done in color, I'd definately say go for it. It's so yummy. :)
<i>It appears we were destined to meet again.
My sweet angel, come to me.
I will take you to a world of dreams.</i>

<a href="http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~lunitari/main.htm">Piece of Heaven</a>
<a href="http://www.deadjournal.com/~andariel">My DeadJournal</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=235765">My Fanfiction.Net Portfolio</a>
Andariel

Postby Aelyn on Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:56 am

^.^ Cool. Maybe I'll make color a regular Friday thing then. (Seeing as I neglected to do it in color the for the last two comics.)

Sarah: Heh, no probs for the plug and link and such. ^-^ I use Corel Painter Classic for pretty much everything. Though it kinda makes some colors washed-out compared to photoshop, but that's okay. It's all good.

Chihaya: ...That's it, I'm not serving coffee and sugar donuts here any more! :wink: Hehe, nah, thanks a lot. ^^ Did you get to sign back in here yet? Hopefully nothing went horribly wrong.. >_>

Andariel: Cool, thanks. :D Color it is, at least once a week or something. ^^
Aelyn
Regular Poster

Postby KODAMA on Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:48 pm

oi.. I used to do all my manga stuffs in color..
(I used to draw my manga in Ms paint :D)
but now I am lazy.. and stuff.. XD (smacks herself in the head)

hey, wanna trade banners?
KODAMA
Spodama Mon

My preciousssss colorsssss

Postby Mira Fastfire on Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:08 am

I LIKE the color! -=^_^=- it's also easier to tell what is just someone's thoughts and stuffs ^_^; Yee!
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster

Postby Red Fox on Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:51 pm

I enjoyed the colour too. Keep it, if you can.

Redfox: Newbie on thisforum, and to thiscomic, but enjoying it already.

P.S.: Hello LadyEclectic! Havent seen you in ages!
Red Fox

Postby Nabiki on Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:50 am

I think the manga in colour is awesome. But the manga in general is terrific.
But as a perference, I'd say go with the colour.
Nabiki

First post... wheee~

Postby Chauni on Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:29 am

First off... My first post! Yay!

Okay ::straightens her skirt with a little smile:: Now that that's out of the way...

I really enjoy the color. I believe it not only adds to the idea and gives it almost a more realistic setting, but it seperates it from the others out there that don't use it. The colors are soft, gentle, and almost accents rather than the overpowering that some people employ.

Don't get me wrong; I adore black and white, truly. However, it's rare that I can come across a color one, and it strikes me as amazing on how good and tuned your coloring skills are. ::smiles::
Chauni

Return to Arcana